Hellion - The Movie

Regis
Fantasy
359th
5/16/2014 10:08am Edited Date/Time 5/16/2014 8:35pm
People, Check it out.

Here is a movie I was a part of this past year. It is an indie film that has been tearing up the film festivals. It stars Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad, Need For Speed) and has moto in it.

The movie, isn't about moto.. but it shows moto as an escape and a dream for the oldest brother. Moto plays a prominent role in it. It is really a cool story.

Look for it to drop on iTunes and Video on Demand and select theaters in the beginning of JUNE

We did what we could with the riding and I am pumped to be part of it.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/ifcfilms/hellion/
|
RMT
5/16/2014 10:19am
Wow, that looks pretty heavy. Congrats and wish the best for the movie.
500guy
5/16/2014 10:23am
Sounds like a good movie, I will buy it when it's released.
Mouse153
5/16/2014 10:25am
Hey man that looks great. I'll definitely have to see it!
jeffro503
5/16/2014 10:42am
Good job Andy! That looks like one hell of a film! Great cast and seems like a great story line. I'll be watching it for sure!

The Shop

Regis
Fantasy
359th
5/16/2014 10:51am
Thanks Guys!!!!

For the purists, this isn't a movie ABOUT moto, it is a movie with moto in it. It was a very, very low budget movie where the cast, and production poured their hearts into it and not money they didn't have.

It proves good movies can be made for less than millions and no CG.

We did what we could with the moto sections. I tried to make sure helmets were buckled, goggle straps were appropriately placed and... wait for it........ the sounds of the bikes were correct. Hey, a lot of hard work by a lot of good people made this happen out in the HOT, HOT summer days of Beaumont, TX.
Bauer
5/16/2014 3:14pm
Hey Reg, it looks pretty cool...I'm a big fan of IFC flicks and indie movies in general. So what was Juliette Lewis like? Is she as quirky in real life as on film? I'm also a big fan of Aaron "Science, Bitch!" Paul. It looks like a decent flick. As a rider and a stuntman needing the work, I'll bet it's hard to straddle the line between just doing what they tell you and wanting to point out to the screenwriter or director when the dialogue is hokey or whatever.
newmann
5/16/2014 3:16pm
Regis wrote:
Thanks Guys!!!! For the purists, this isn't a movie ABOUT moto, it is a movie with moto in it. It was a very, very low budget...
Thanks Guys!!!!

For the purists, this isn't a movie ABOUT moto, it is a movie with moto in it. It was a very, very low budget movie where the cast, and production poured their hearts into it and not money they didn't have.

We did what we could with the moto sections. I tried to make sure helmets were buckled, goggle straps were appropriately placed and... wait for it........ the sounds of the bikes were correct. Hey, a lot of hard work by a lot of good people made this happen out in the HOT, HOT summer days of Beaumont, TX.
Beaumont.....and you didn't even stop by for red meat and beer. I am disappointed.
Cygnus
5/16/2014 3:29pm
I'll check it out as soon as it's released. Looks pretty good.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
5/16/2014 3:31pm
Bauer wrote:
Hey Reg, it looks pretty cool...I'm a big fan of IFC flicks and indie movies in general. So what was Juliette Lewis like? Is she as...
Hey Reg, it looks pretty cool...I'm a big fan of IFC flicks and indie movies in general. So what was Juliette Lewis like? Is she as quirky in real life as on film? I'm also a big fan of Aaron "Science, Bitch!" Paul. It looks like a decent flick. As a rider and a stuntman needing the work, I'll bet it's hard to straddle the line between just doing what they tell you and wanting to point out to the screenwriter or director when the dialogue is hokey or whatever.
Bauer,

This one was a bit different. The director was AMAZING (Kat Candler). I came into the project a little last minute and expected the typical moto knowledge and ideas you get with these movies. However, they pretty much leaned on me for everything Moto related. Of course, we "real" riders will see some things that just aren't perfect but overall they wanted it realistic as possible. On a shoestring budget (I would guess the entire movie was less than 1/2 mil) we did what we could. A lot of people believed in the story and that's how it got done. For example, Aaron Paul is very big right now and did this movie after he wrapped on Need For Speed and with the budget of the movie, he did it for the chance to showcase his acting and the love of the script.

Juliette? Total sweetheart, but yea a little quirky.
Bramlett321
5/16/2014 3:34pm
Looks like a good story and with moto as the backdrop it can't lose...look forward to seeing this one !!!
Regis
Fantasy
359th
5/16/2014 3:34pm
Regis wrote:
Thanks Guys!!!! For the purists, this isn't a movie ABOUT moto, it is a movie with moto in it. It was a very, very low budget...
Thanks Guys!!!!

newmann wrote:
Beaumont.....and you didn't even stop by for red meat and beer. I am disappointed.
Newmann,

I'm getting closer to you! Haha! We were at Cowboy Badlands. (Right?)

Anyways... At one point we were a little worried about extras and bikes and stuff and you nearly got a message amigo.

I'm gonna get my chance to throw a leg over that 150cc one of these days. I HOPE!
FCMX
5/16/2014 6:46pm
Hey Regis.....this is a little off topic, but I just saw where you mentioned the Badlands. I heard they recently closed it down. Is that true?
newmann
5/16/2014 8:22pm
FCMX wrote:
Hey Regis.....this is a little off topic, but I just saw where you mentioned the Badlands. I heard they recently closed it down. Is that true?
Yep. Sold the land.
FCMX
5/16/2014 8:35pm
Dammit.... Hate to hear that.

Post a reply to: Hellion - The Movie

The Latest