Edited Date/Time 8/14/2018 7:36pm
Damn right!!!!!
|
FWYT
8/11/2018 10:54am
Kailub, too!
DownSouth
8/11/2018 10:58am
Philty Phils crevices were filthy and filled but he still somehow managed a huge smile on the podium. Great ride.
FeetUp
8/11/2018 11:06am
WTF.... no mention of Pulp again ??

The Shop

willie838
8/12/2018 2:01am
Hells bells. I remember seeing Phil beat the brakes off district 34s finest back around 95 on 80s at Unadilla ...couldnt believe anyone was faster than mills or Leavitt at the time...

Glad to see him win one for the good guys! Local boy done good!

make1go
8/12/2018 2:13am
Good thing..!

He's got to be thru the roof...
Kenny Lingus
8/12/2018 7:21am
He deserves a good ride next year. Makes you wonder what is going on over at JGR. Phil is another example of a rider whose results got better after leaving.
Huckster
8/12/2018 3:29pm
What’s his status for next year?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/12/2018 3:32pm
Huckster wrote:
Unknown. He said he's open to racing anywhere...including outside of the U.S.
ledger
8/12/2018 3:35pm
Huckster wrote:
In the Press Conference Phil replied that he's not sure where he will be for next year. Hope he get's something nailed down...he's great for the sport.
8/12/2018 3:39pm
Huckster wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Unknown. He said he's open to racing anywhere...including outside of the U.S.
He does seem made for GPs: that'd be interesting.
blusmbl
8/12/2018 5:37pm
He deserves a good ride next year. Makes you wonder what is going on over at JGR. Phil is another example of a rider whose results...
He deserves a good ride next year. Makes you wonder what is going on over at JGR. Phil is another example of a rider whose results got better after leaving.
I don't know how to say this without it being interpreted negatively, but his results didn't immediately get better when he moved over to Rockstar Husky. This race was absolutely awesome for him, but to be fair to JGR it was also a mudder, and on a track in Phil's home state that he obviously has many laps under his belt on.

That being said it is great that he ended up on the podium. Super stoked for him!
LungButter
8/12/2018 7:12pm
So pumped for Phil.

Awesome to see a journeyman who has more than paid his dues get to have the ride of his life on his home track.

Great job Phil, honestly one of the highlights of the season for me so far.
8/12/2018 7:23pm
He deserves a good ride next year. Makes you wonder what is going on over at JGR. Phil is another example of a rider whose results...
blusmbl wrote:
I don't know how to say this without it being interpreted negatively, but his results didn't immediately get better when he moved over to Rockstar Husky...
I don't know how to say this without it being interpreted negatively, but his results didn't immediately get better when he moved over to Rockstar Husky. This race was absolutely awesome for him, but to be fair to JGR it was also a mudder, and on a track in Phil's home state that he obviously has many laps under his belt on.

That being said it is great that he ended up on the podium. Super stoked for him!
You can’t ride the national track unless you race the national bro. So he doesn’t have any more time than anyone else. Props to Phil. He’s always been a badass with bad luck. Glad to see it pay off.
8/12/2018 7:30pm
It was a mud race in his home state. He's ridden that track in those conditions a hundred times. Bike had nothing to do with it. Either way, great ride for Phil.
make1go
8/12/2018 7:35pm
It was a mud race in his home state. He's ridden that track in those conditions a hundred times. Bike had nothing to do with it...
It was a mud race in his home state. He's ridden that track in those conditions a hundred times. Bike had nothing to do with it. Either way, great ride for Phil.
whoops lol, see above..double lol.. btw idk and so i dont pass comment..whoops
brimx153
8/12/2018 7:45pm
Why the hell blast a team who did hire him for years when others would nt . Great ride by phil happy for him .But he was going every bit as well on jgr . Go look at first moto thunder valley. Before red flag that s the best he rode all yr imo. I think that jgr bike is veryyyyyyy underrated as far as how good it is .
NVA57
Fantasy
1602nd
8/13/2018 2:18am
make1go wrote:
Good thing..!

He's got to be thru the roof...
He seemed happier than ever! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/12/280122/s1200_Screenshot_20180812_182108.jpg[/img]
He seemed happier than ever!

I would fall asleep as well in those lame press conferences. This one was especially bad.
orange_44
8/13/2018 4:21am
It was a mud race in his home state. He's ridden that track in those conditions a hundred times. Bike had nothing to do with it...
Definitely not hundreds of times bub.
PrezCamacho
8/13/2018 7:04am

As far a what’s going on at JGR I have a theory . I think their unsatisfactory finishes are a result of poor management. Jeremy Albrecht has been the team manager since their inception over 10 years ago. During his tenure JGR has amassed only a handful of race wins and zero championships
With Mr Gibbs’ background in the NFL and NASCAR. I’m really surprised they have not made a change. In the NFL if a team doesn’t meet expected results. The first person fired is the head coach. It happens every year.
In NASCAR if a team is under performing the crew chief gets the axe. JGR themselves even switched a crew chief a couple years ago mid season.
8/13/2018 6:18pm
As far a what’s going on at JGR I have a theory . I think their unsatisfactory finishes are a result of poor management. Jeremy Albrecht...

As far a what’s going on at JGR I have a theory . I think their unsatisfactory finishes are a result of poor management. Jeremy Albrecht has been the team manager since their inception over 10 years ago. During his tenure JGR has amassed only a handful of race wins and zero championships
With Mr Gibbs’ background in the NFL and NASCAR. I’m really surprised they have not made a change. In the NFL if a team doesn’t meet expected results. The first person fired is the head coach. It happens every year.
In NASCAR if a team is under performing the crew chief gets the axe. JGR themselves even switched a crew chief a couple years ago mid season.
Phil deserves a ride full time he’s a top rider. I bet he’s ridden Unadilla the same amount as the other riders have the last 5 years or so, so I’don’t buy into the home track advantage and its a mud race jive. MUD IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
8/13/2018 6:33pm
FeetUp wrote:
WTF.... no mention of Pulp again ??
Well, there's this, from a Racer X interview..

Racer X - Did you thank PulpMX on the podium?

Phil - No, because I’m not running a sticker. I ran it for four rounds, never got paid. Then I’m like, that’s it. Typical bullshit contract deal.
cbuehler767
8/13/2018 6:42pm
As far a what’s going on at JGR I have a theory . I think their unsatisfactory finishes are a result of poor management. Jeremy Albrecht...

Phil deserves a ride full time he’s a top rider. I bet he’s ridden Unadilla the same amount as the other riders have the last 5...
Phil deserves a ride full time he’s a top rider. I bet he’s ridden Unadilla the same amount as the other riders have the last 5 years or so, so I’don’t buy into the home track advantage and its a mud race jive. MUD IS THE GREAT EQUALIZER.
Southwick wasn't a home track advantage to Dowd or Henry?
orange_44
8/13/2018 7:19pm
Southwick wasn't a home track advantage to Dowd or Henry?
Southwicks local races actually run on the national track. Other races besides the national and maybe one other race use another track on the property so it’s not as big as an advantage as that.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/13/2018 7:56pm

ledger
8/13/2018 8:01pm
^^^^ Fitting photo for his nickname.

Post a reply to: Hell yeah, Phil!!!!

The Latest