Heat of the moment mistakes

Brett_Clark
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2022 10:53am
I can't say coop was going to hold eli off in the end but I definitely feel he had a shot until the whoops. Sure many will disagree but Webb made a horrible decision in the whoops trying to go between the bales and the 12. Shane in my opinion was to the edge of the track to let the leaders by and Webb just messed up and tried something that wasn't going to work. Sucks but it is what it is.

How about Malcolm and Anderson? Everyone said Anderson is making enemies out there and mookie is going to make sure the 21 doesn't win this title now. Honestly I was happy to see Malcolm step up and ride the way he did. As for the 21 I believe he just lost this title by picking fights that didn't need to happen. I was pumped to see how much he turned his career around but man this was bound to happen.
|
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/5/2022 8:49pm
Coop kind of blew it with his lapper passes. I think he could have held on, but it was going to be a good battle regardless. Eli was racing like it was his to take.

Ando and Mookie are knuckle heads. Gave away a shit ton of points dicking with each other.
Brett_Clark
3/5/2022 8:52pm
crowe660 wrote:
Coop kind of blew it with his lapper passes. I think he could have held on, but it was going to be a good battle regardless...
Coop kind of blew it with his lapper passes. I think he could have held on, but it was going to be a good battle regardless. Eli was racing like it was his to take.

Ando and Mookie are knuckle heads. Gave away a shit ton of points dicking with each other.
I agree Im having a hard time even putting a blame on Shane. Webb just kept taking shit lines and his corner speed was pretty subpar to tomacs imo.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
3/5/2022 8:55pm
crowe660 wrote:
Coop kind of blew it with his lapper passes. I think he could have held on, but it was going to be a good battle regardless...

I agree Im having a hard time even putting a blame on Shane. Webb just kept taking shit lines and his corner speed was pretty subpar...
I agree Im having a hard time even putting a blame on Shane. Webb just kept taking shit lines and his corner speed was pretty subpar to tomacs imo.
Yea, What else could Shane have done. He was out of the main line, and even tried to give them more room. That was just an unfortunate situation with a lot going on. Bummed we didn’t get to see the battle that was coming, but shit happens.
Bromley686
3/5/2022 8:58pm
I really hope Shane doesn’t get flamed for this. Like others have said, it wasn’t his fault, Coop should have chose a better line.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/5/2022 9:16pm
Bromley686 wrote:
I really hope Shane doesn’t get flamed for this. Like others have said, it wasn’t his fault, Coop should have chose a better line.
Comments had started on his Instagram, but he turned them off.

RaceFace58
3/5/2022 10:08pm
Lol “get out of Webb’s way”. There will never be a shortage of assholes in this world.
Lloydcarter
3/5/2022 11:15pm
RaceFace58 wrote:
Lol “get out of Webb’s way”. There will never be a shortage of assholes in this world.
Unintelligent assholes*
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
3/5/2022 11:51pm
People crying about McElrath being in the way are something else. Webb did that to himself. Shane was pretty much all the way left going into the whoops before Webb was half way through the turn.
3/6/2022 1:32am
Webb was using that side of the whoops for a few laps. Just wanted to stay in that line cause he knew it well, and needed all the confidence he could get in the whoops.
creature654
Fantasy
79th
3/6/2022 2:54am
I can’t believe the responses in this thread clearly none of you blaming Webb have ever had to deal with lappers before. I think even when they combine mini classes or C and B they tell the slower group if you’re being lapped HOLD YOUR LINE. Don’t “move out of the way” because the faster guy has already decided how he’s getting by you. Shane must wear ear plugs cuz that was a total bonehead move. If I’m Webb I’m goin over to discuss things with my “teammate”.
RaceFace58
3/6/2022 3:43am
I can’t believe the responses in this thread clearly none of you blaming Webb have ever had to deal with lappers before. I think even when...
I can’t believe the responses in this thread clearly none of you blaming Webb have ever had to deal with lappers before. I think even when they combine mini classes or C and B they tell the slower group if you’re being lapped HOLD YOUR LINE. Don’t “move out of the way” because the faster guy has already decided how he’s getting by you. Shane must wear ear plugs cuz that was a total bonehead move. If I’m Webb I’m goin over to discuss things with my “teammate”.
Well it’s Webb’s fault no matter how you slice it. If McElrath “held his line” Webb would have had to slow up or he would have just rode right into him still. He might’ve been using that line all night but he has to change if he can see a lapped is ahead in that same line. He didn’t have any chance of going inside Shane between the tuff blocks and not having Eli pass him regardless.
tuggy450
3/6/2022 10:47am
Eli seemed to have no problem getting around McElrath, just saying.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
3/6/2022 10:53am
tuggy450 wrote:
Eli seemed to have no problem getting around McElrath, just saying.
Yeah, he went to the opposite side of Shane and got two riders.
friday10
3/6/2022 1:51pm
I can’t believe the responses in this thread clearly none of you blaming Webb have ever had to deal with lappers before. I think even when...
Hold your line!
honda341
3/7/2022 7:51am
Hold your line, faster guys are used to passing slower guys. That being said, to see a slower guy mess up racing because he is running in the main line and gets the blue flag and holds his line, sucks too!!! Racing incident. When you have things going your way a lot of times things go your way. Seems the case for Eli this year. He was ready and in place for things to go his way and they did.
jbrow125
3/7/2022 8:55am
IMO that was the best SX race I've seen in years. Loved it from the second corner to the last lap. Piss off on anybody who wants to analyze it so deeply to criticize how it played out. This entire season has had me anticipating how it will play out. Has not disappointed. I don't give a shit about anybody's fitness, race craft, record, potential,.. this was one heck of a race with a tons to keep you on your seat!
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/7/2022 9:50am
It always sucks when a lapper affects a race in the final laps. But, didn't Webb get a win last year when Roczen got stuck behind a lapper? Sometimes it happens.

Post a reply to: Heat of the moment mistakes

The Latest