Heartbreak for Romain Febvre at Afyon

Romain Febvre had a huge crash in practice at the Grand Prix of Turkey moments ago and was eventually taken away by an ambulance. Details are sparse currently, just as one would expect so soon after the crash, but Yamaha released the following update.

"While pushing for a top lap time in the timed practice session at the MXGP of Turkey, Romain Febvre suffered from a heavy fall. The former world champion has been taken to hospital for medical observation. An update on his condition will be published when available."

This post will be updated as soon as more information filters through.

Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: Yamaha Racing

https://mxvice.com/81064/updates-romain-febvre
|
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
9/1/2018 5:41am
Hopefully everything is good!
Crush
9/1/2018 5:43am
Paging Marvin?
KMC440
9/1/2018 5:50am
How about hoping for the best for Romain before all the other BS.

Hope you are ok Romain ! !

Love watching you ride.

The Shop

JB479
9/1/2018 5:55am
The tracks so high speed. Its stupid.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
9/1/2018 5:57am
Wishing the best for him. These guys are tough as nails.

Have some decency in this thread please.
Kawi15
9/1/2018 6:06am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 6:07am
Crush wrote:
Paging Marvin?
line-up wrote:
really?
I was thinking along the same lines. I first thought I wonder how badly injured he is, then if he cannot do MXON does that mean they will go ask Marvin?
agn5009
9/1/2018 6:23am
Damn. Hoping for the best.
RG1
9/1/2018 6:40am
He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think it's unlikely that he will race tomorrow, but hopefully we see him at the last 2 GP's and at MXdN. Shame that he went down because it looked like he was just starting to get back to his best
MXMattii
9/1/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 11:51am
RG1 wrote:
He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think it's unlikely that he...
He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think it's unlikely that he will race tomorrow, but hopefully we see him at the last 2 GP's and at MXdN. Shame that he went down because it looked like he was just starting to get back to his best
Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the question how fucked up we're when we talk about riders like: "A bit banged up, lets hope he races within two weeks".

Two years after his big concussion in Matterley it seemed like Romain got back to his feet, back to his pace, now he's down again. So why rushing? 11 months after the "slap to the head" at the MEC, Tim Gajser finds his pace again... Do I make any sense or do I talk rubbish? We all know pro but also amateur riders who could be cataloged in the "CTE" category.
9/1/2018 11:55am
Last week I was talking to a friend and we wondered what would happen if Paulin or Febvre would get hurt. We thought Marvin would not step in because of what happened. I hope it is not so bad for Febvre, but if it is, the French teammanager and federation pretty messed it Up.
RG1
9/1/2018 11:59am
RG1 wrote:
He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think it's unlikely that he...
MXMattii wrote:
Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the question how...
Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the question how fucked up we're when we talk about riders like: "A bit banged up, lets hope he races within two weeks".

Two years after his big concussion in Matterley it seemed like Romain got back to his feet, back to his pace, now he's down again. So why rushing? 11 months after the "slap to the head" at the MEC, Tim Gajser finds his pace again... Do I make any sense or do I talk rubbish? We all know pro but also amateur riders who could be cataloged in the "CTE" category.
No you do make a very fair point. It's taken Anstie a long time to return to something like himself after getting knocked out. You're right really, I would completely understand if Febvre didn't race for the rest of the year, and really that's probably the best thing to do. But knowing him, he will probably be back at Assen. It's probably not the best thing to do, but he's a guy who wants to race
9/1/2018 12:02pm
If I'm not wrong Febvre has had a number of concussions over the past two years. Hoping that this is nothing too serious and we can see him at MXdN or even the final GP's but given the circumstances there is no need to rush anything IMO.
gt80rider
9/1/2018 12:28pm
Huge Febvre fan.... his WC year was incredible!! Hope this last crash wasn't too bad.....
TeamGreen
9/1/2018 12:40pm
I’m betting that if Marvin is needed, he will go.
9/1/2018 12:42pm
Maybe he should ditch that Kyt helmet first and put something decent on his head
Johnny Depp
9/1/2018 12:46pm
I hope Romain is OK, but taking time off if it's concussion related is a must IMO.

Calling last year's fill in: Christophe Charlier!

France will continue to give Marv the finger.
DonM
9/1/2018 12:51pm
RG1 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the question how...

I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at MEC has nothing to do with his pace this year but his crash in the pre-season race does as that was 10x worse than his MEC crash.
Question
9/1/2018 1:10pm
RG1 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:
I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at MEC has nothing...
I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at MEC has nothing to do with his pace this year but his crash in the pre-season race does as that was 10x worse than his MEC crash.
Yes that was one of the biggest crashes I have ever seen. He can be glad just to be racing after this one.
RG1
9/1/2018 1:16pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I’m betting that if Marvin is needed, he will go.
Me too
NorCal 50+
9/1/2018 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 1:34pm
RG1 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:

Was Gajser really messed up from that crash? That's unfortunate. I can see why- that was a sick get-off. That little foray did not go well.
tek14
9/1/2018 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 1:57pm
MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:
I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at MEC has nothing...
Question wrote:
Yes that was one of the biggest crashes I have ever seen. He can be glad just to be racing after this one.
He had much worse crash beginning of season (than MEC)when he broke jaw and had another concussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqOxRe2wWj8

MXMattii
9/1/2018 2:13pm
DonM wrote:
Question wrote:
tek14 wrote:
He had much worse crash beginning of season (than MEC)when he broke jaw and had another concussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqOxRe2wWj8

Indeed but the point stays that a concussion can keep you from preforming at your best. Also look at David Millsaps, a concussion with brain bleeding ends his career. James Stewart his last concussion in that crash with Ryan Dungey seemed that one too many.

This is a mostly not talked about issue in motocross. And we, me too, talk about injuries like: broken bones oh that is a few weeks out. Banged up he will be back soon. But team owners should take more responsibility and when a rider has a (sub-) concussion, they should say don't ride and heal up.
MXMattii
9/1/2018 3:05pm
Did he for sure have a concussion? Any video of it?
Did he for sure have a concussion? Any video of it?

Rumor goes that they took him to the medical center at the track, then he scored very bad at the concussion-protocol (some tests riders need to go through after a big get off) and that made them worry so they rushed him to the hospital.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/1/2018 3:17pm
If I'm not wrong Febvre has had a number of concussions over the past two years. Hoping that this is nothing too serious and we can...
If I'm not wrong Febvre has had a number of concussions over the past two years. Hoping that this is nothing too serious and we can see him at MXdN or even the final GP's but given the circumstances there is no need to rush anything IMO.
One day he will realize that he needs a decent helmet... Even if that may mean a little cut on sponsorship dollars

Post a reply to: Heartbreak for Romain Febvre at Afyon

The Latest