Heartbreak for Romain Febvre at Afyon

Related:
Create New Tag

9/1/2018 5:37 AM

Romain Febvre had a huge crash in practice at the Grand Prix of Turkey moments ago and was eventually taken away by an ambulance. Details are sparse currently, just as one would expect so soon after the crash, but Yamaha released the following update.

"While pushing for a top lap time in the timed practice session at the MXGP of Turkey, Romain Febvre suffered from a heavy fall. The former world champion has been taken to hospital for medical observation. An update on his condition will be published when available."

This post will be updated as soon as more information filters through.

Words: Lewis Phillips | Lead Image: Yamaha Racing

https://mxvice.com/81064/updates-romain-febvre

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

9/1/2018 5:41 AM

Hopefully everything is good!

|

9/1/2018 5:43 AM

Paging Marvin?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/1/2018 5:45 AM

Crush wrote:

Paging Marvin?

would Marvin do it ?

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

9/1/2018 5:50 AM

How about hoping for the best for Romain before all the other BS.

Hope you are ok Romain ! !

Love watching you ride.

|

9/1/2018 5:55 AM

The tracks so high speed. Its stupid.

|

9/1/2018 5:57 AM

Wishing the best for him. These guys are tough as nails.

Have some decency in this thread please.

|

9/1/2018 6:01 AM

Crush wrote:

Paging Marvin?

really?

|

9/1/2018 6:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 6:07 AM

Crush wrote:

Paging Marvin?

line-up wrote:

really?

I was thinking along the same lines. I first thought I wonder how badly injured he is, then if he cannot do MXON does that mean they will go ask Marvin?

|

9/1/2018 6:23 AM

Damn. Hoping for the best.

|

9/1/2018 6:31 AM

That sucks. Hoping for the best.

|

9/1/2018 6:40 AM

He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think it's unlikely that he will race tomorrow, but hopefully we see him at the last 2 GP's and at MXdN. Shame that he went down because it looked like he was just starting to get back to his best

|

9/1/2018 6:50 AM

NOT GOOD. Heal quickly.

|

9/1/2018 10:24 AM

Dang….. Hope he heals quick and is ok!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/1/2018 11:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 11:51 AM

RG1 wrote:

He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think ...more

Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the question how fucked up we're when we talk about riders like: "A bit banged up, lets hope he races within two weeks".

Two years after his big concussion in Matterley it seemed like Romain got back to his feet, back to his pace, now he's down again. So why rushing? 11 months after the "slap to the head" at the MEC, Tim Gajser finds his pace again... Do I make any sense or do I talk rubbish? We all know pro but also amateur riders who could be cataloged in the "CTE" category.

|

9/1/2018 11:55 AM

Last week I was talking to a friend and we wondered what would happen if Paulin or Febvre would get hurt. We thought Marvin would not step in because of what happened. I hope it is not so bad for Febvre, but if it is, the French teammanager and federation pretty messed it Up.

|

9/1/2018 11:59 AM

RG1 wrote:

He's banged up but nothing is broken. They're keeping him in hospital for a while to keep him under observation. Would think ...more

MXMattii wrote:

Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the ...more

No you do make a very fair point. It's taken Anstie a long time to return to something like himself after getting knocked out. You're right really, I would completely understand if Febvre didn't race for the rest of the year, and really that's probably the best thing to do. But knowing him, he will probably be back at Assen. It's probably not the best thing to do, but he's a guy who wants to race

|

9/1/2018 12:02 PM

If I'm not wrong Febvre has had a number of concussions over the past two years. Hoping that this is nothing too serious and we can see him at MXdN or even the final GP's but given the circumstances there is no need to rush anything IMO.

|

9/1/2018 12:28 PM

Huge Febvre fan.... his WC year was incredible!! Hope this last crash wasn't too bad.....

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/1/2018 12:40 PM

I’m betting that if Marvin is needed, he will go.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

9/1/2018 12:42 PM

Maybe he should ditch that Kyt helmet first and put something decent on his head

|

9/1/2018 12:46 PM

I hope Romain is OK, but taking time off if it's concussion related is a must IMO.

Calling last year's fill in: Christophe Charlier!

France will continue to give Marv the finger.

|

9/1/2018 12:51 PM

RG1 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

Nothing personal, but when I see that a cyclist is out for almost 8 months with a concussion. Then I really ask myself the ...more

I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at MEC has nothing to do with his pace this year but his crash in the pre-season race does as that was 10x worse than his MEC crash.

|

9/1/2018 1:10 PM

RG1 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:

I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at ...more

Yes that was one of the biggest crashes I have ever seen. He can be glad just to be racing after this one.

|

9/1/2018 1:16 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I’m betting that if Marvin is needed, he will go.

Me too

|

9/1/2018 1:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 1:34 PM

RG1 wrote:

MXMattii wrote:

Was Gajser really messed up from that crash? That's unfortunate. I can see why- that was a sick get-off. That little foray did not go well.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

9/1/2018 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2018 1:57 PM

MXMattii wrote:

DonM wrote:

I agree with most of what you say and my first thought was he suffered another bad concussion...I think that Gasjer's crash at ...more

Question wrote:

Yes that was one of the biggest crashes I have ever seen. He can be glad just to be racing after this one.

He had much worse crash beginning of season (than MEC)when he broke jaw and had another concussion.

|

9/1/2018 2:13 PM

DonM wrote:

Question wrote:

tek14 wrote:

He had much worse crash beginning of season (than MEC)when he broke jaw and had another concussion.

Indeed but the point stays that a concussion can keep you from preforming at your best. Also look at David Millsaps, a concussion with brain bleeding ends his career. James Stewart his last concussion in that crash with Ryan Dungey seemed that one too many.

This is a mostly not talked about issue in motocross. And we, me too, talk about injuries like: broken bones oh that is a few weeks out. Banged up he will be back soon. But team owners should take more responsibility and when a rider has a (sub-) concussion, they should say don't ride and heal up.

|

9/1/2018 2:28 PM

Did he for sure have a concussion? Any video of it?

|

9/1/2018 3:05 PM

shaffstall721 wrote:

Did he for sure have a concussion? Any video of it?

Rumor goes that they took him to the medical center at the track, then he scored very bad at the concussion-protocol (some tests riders need to go through after a big get off) and that made them worry so they rushed him to the hospital.

|