|

4/20/2021 10:19 PM

TLDR?

|

4/20/2021 10:36 PM

Just heard macdaddys side on 447. That’s all I need to hear

|

4/20/2021 11:01 PM

People don't want to hear both sides. Rushing to judgement is much easier.

|

4/21/2021 3:34 AM

It’s also easy to make up a better story after the fact once you realize you screwed up and many fans don’t like you.

|

4/21/2021 4:17 AM

Podcasts are for lazy people. What did he say?

|

4/21/2021 4:31 AM

Ain’t nobody got time for that, what’s he say

|

4/21/2021 6:52 AM

i haven’t listened either .... but probably something like, excuse excuse excuse, red flag, excuse, cross jump, excuse excuse... PC didn’t renew my contract... excuse! am i close... oh wait ... death threats and excuse.... how bout now?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/21/2021 7:27 AM

Yeah, no one cares. We all saw the takeout. No excuse can cover it

|

4/21/2021 7:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2021 7:42 AM

bvm111 wrote:

i haven’t listened either .... but probably something like, excuse excuse excuse, red flag, excuse, cross jump, excuse ...more

False. False and all false. Except death threats. True. But that’s where we are now. Make assumptions. Threaten death. Yay social media. Yaaayyyy it’s so all about bringing us altogether.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/21/2021 7:42 AM

Marchbanks Side- Mac was cross jumping, crashing, and generally riding crazy

Marchbanks Solution To Solve The Problem- To Crash Mac out while "battling" for 15th....

LOL

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/21/2021 8:08 AM

2:17:15 in the podcast. Didn't disparage PC. Did talk about being irritated by two incidents of cross-jumping before the hit, admitted he meant to hit him, said he didn't intend to hit him that hard.

Was obviously a little uncomfortable talking about it. "What do you want me to say?" and "Honestly, to be honest...."

I think, like the host said, he'll learn from it.

|

4/21/2021 8:17 AM

bvm111 wrote:

i haven’t listened either .... but probably something like, excuse excuse excuse, red flag, excuse, cross jump, excuse ...more

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

False. False and all false. Except death threats. True. But that’s where we are now. Make assumptions. Threaten death. Yay ...more

How do you know the claim of death threats is true? In the face of criticism people tend to make themselves the victim, another unfortunate product of social media society. I have a hard time believing anyone cares enough about this to threaten his life.

I think the takeout was very intentional, the public reaction was predictably overblown, and the apology from both the team and the rider was overdone. Just a simple "sorry Mac, you probably owe me one" would suffice. Friese will be back next week and the mob will move on from Marchbanks.

|

4/21/2021 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2021 8:19 AM

Sounds like damage control. Would be more fun if he would just go all in like Hannah did with the Howerton/Saddleback race. Why not this: "The kid was riding like a punk so I decided to clean him out. My only regret is I went down too.".

THAT would make me respect the guy more then the pathetic sniveling.....

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

4/21/2021 8:36 AM

ctbale wrote:

Sounds like damage control. Would be more fun if he would just go all in like Hannah did with the Howerton/Saddleback race. ...more

Can you imagine that in the age of "woke" political correctness and cancel culture??? He'd be burned at the stake. You're right though, I'd respect him a little more for the honesty.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

4/21/2021 8:39 AM

"I tried to break Howerton's leg" Hannah claimed at the time and still today.

|

4/21/2021 8:45 AM

Falcon wrote:

Can you imagine that in the age of "woke" political correctness and cancel culture??? He'd be burned at the stake. You're ...more

You guys spend too much time online. If Marchbanks did that he’d be getting his tires pumped left and right from everybody on this site.

Stop confusing Twitter with real life

|

If it can't be fixed with a hammer, it's an electrical problem.

4/21/2021 8:46 AM

ctbale wrote:

Sounds like damage control. Would be more fun if he would just go all in like Hannah did with the Howerton/Saddleback race. ...more

That would have been awesome.

|

"It's not the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."

4/21/2021 8:53 AM

tek14 wrote:

Podcasts are for lazy people. What did he say?

The irony of one guy wanting other people to do the work for them - but calls them lazy - cannot be understated.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

4/21/2021 8:53 AM

bvm111 wrote:

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

False. False and all false. Except death threats. True. But that’s where we are now. Make assumptions. Threaten death. Yay ...more

GrapeApe wrote:

How do you know the claim of death threats is true? In the face of criticism people tend to make themselves the victim, ...more

I doubt he’d post on social media asking people to stop threatening his family and himself if he wasn’t getting death threats...

Marchbanks don’t strike me as a drama queen. He strikes me as a racer who acted like a racer on a track in a sport that sets precedent in allowing that action since its inception. Change my mind.

|

GP740
Since 1987

4/21/2021 9:19 AM

bvm111 wrote:

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

All false? Marchbanks' main complaint was getting cross jumped several times and frustrated about the red flag restart because he was in a worse position.

|

4/21/2021 9:20 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

How do you know the claim of death threats is true? In the face of criticism people tend to make themselves the victim, ...more

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I doubt he’d post on social media asking people to stop threatening his family and himself if he wasn’t getting death ...more

I'm not worked up about the on track incident. He's not the first to intentionally take someone out and he won't be the last.

The substance of the apology to me is disingenuous and unnecessary, in my opinion.

|

4/21/2021 9:45 AM

i think he explained it pretty well.

|

4/21/2021 10:02 AM

Go Marchbanks!!! I'm a new fan after all the crying on here about him.

|

4/21/2021 10:12 AM

Jesus Christ. Are the people offended by Marchbanks’ pass the same group of people who don’t like it when you assume gender?

Grow the fuck up. Racing is racing. I’m a new fan of Marchbanks after that pass!

|

4/21/2021 10:16 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

Go Marchbanks!!! I'm a new fan after all the crying on here about him.

Same. I personally was waiting for someone to take Mcadoo down. Risking your own health is one thing. Causing other riders to crash and get hurt is another

|

4/21/2021 10:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2021 10:37 AM

I’m torn a little. I think going after a guy who’s almost in life support is a bit of a bitch move, but on the other hand, dude probably shouldn’t be on the track in the first place. Oh well. It made for an exciting Atlanta, and a memorable championship battle. I probably won’t root for Marchbanks anymore, but I doubt he gives a fuck, nor should he.

|

4/21/2021 10:41 AM

DerickYZ wrote:

Jesus Christ. Are the people offended by Marchbanks’ pass the same group of people who don’t like it when you assume gender?

...more

I'm all for racing hard and "contact" passes. ....but that was f**ked...and he took himself out as well. Stupid move.

|

I was raised just off HWY 126 in Valencia during the 80's.

4/21/2021 12:13 PM

I would like a supercross rider to do what Valtteri Bottas did on F1 Drive to Survive.
He was getting trolled and bullied online and people were telling him he sucked and couldnt win and would never be champion. He towed Max Verstappen in qaulifying so he could start behind Lewis. He then wins the race and while he was crossing the finish line says " To all my critics, Fuck You."

|