Healthy start to the Nationals

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2020 2:25 PM

With SX being cut short, this could be the healthiest start for all the contenders in outdoor mx. With all the extra testing time now available, could the US field a stronger MXDN team than years past?

|

3/25/2020 2:30 PM

Im trying to keep positive here but the fact that this is so contagious do you really think this virus will be squashed this year? Unfortunately im in ny state and it aint good 🤷‍♂️

|

3/25/2020 2:46 PM

Not gonna happen guys.

|

3/25/2020 2:52 PM

If there even is a MXdN, I'll bet there won't be a Team USA

MXdN in the middle of the GP season is a death sentence

|

3/25/2020 3:05 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

That's true. So hard when the guys are off for so long. Just hoping for less burnout with a shortened season. Still could be great summer of racing! Too much doom and gloom in here.

|

3/25/2020 3:23 PM

EngIceDave wrote:

I can't imagine any riders will miss it. It's the single most important race of the year...….

|

3/25/2020 4:01 PM

I have the same viewpoint as Dave. If it does happen, we don't go. Sorry to say, but I don't see it happening with all the losses from sponsors and it falling in the middle of the extended GP and SX series. Regroup and come in hot in 2021.

|

3/25/2020 4:05 PM

Right now, MXdN is scheduled to happen the same weekend we will be racing Supercross.

|

3/25/2020 4:18 PM

ML512 wrote:

Right now, MXdN is scheduled to happen the same weekend we will be racing Supercross.

Same weekend as Monster Cup? That's not good.

|

3/25/2020 5:05 PM

DD325 wrote:

Same weekend as Monster Cup? That's not good.

No, the same weekend you may see the SX series refire.

|

3/25/2020 7:11 PM

The way things are going, unless they plan to run races without spectators, it's hard to imagine there being an outdoor season this year.

|

3/25/2020 8:09 PM

bird wrote:

The way things are going, unless they plan to run races without spectators, it's hard to imagine there being an outdoor season this year.

That should not be a big deal (not having spectators) the GPS run most of their races without spectators

|

3/25/2020 8:19 PM

dedi684 wrote:

Im trying to keep positive here but the fact that this is so contagious do you really think this virus will be squashed this year? Unfortunately im in ny state and it aint good 🤷‍♂️

The plan will need to change in the near future. We can't continue to operate as a nation if we continue to close all businesses for a year.

|

3/25/2020 10:26 PM

Business will not be able to continue if a large portion of the population is sick or dying. This thing is far more serious than I thought it would be. Infections are popping up everywhere. I'm not ready to state that it's expanding exponentially yet, but the number increases everyday. When the daily numbers leval off or drop we can start speculating about racing starting up. Schedualing something for June or July is a hopeful guess at this point. Its popping up on military bases and ships. The rich and famous and the ruling class are becoming infected. When it spreads to the very poor and homeless it could really explode. If it surpasses our ability for hospitalization it will be even harder to contain. I read extensively on chemical and biological warfare earlier in my life. A lot of it croses over into epidemiology. The spread of a disease and a bio weapon have much the same mechanism of dispersal. Warm weather has effected viruses, I'm hopeful spring will start bringing the numbers down.

|

3/25/2020 11:22 PM

With finishing sx after the nationals I hope eli an roczen dont make it boring by taking it too easy trying not to get hurt and throwing the sx championship away.

|