Healthy enough to race MTB bike but not dirtbikes?

ChrisB10
Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 8:39am
Just saw a photo of a rider who has missed all of SX and MX with several injuries. Injuries suck and I think a rider should return until they are %100 healthy but this rider has been posting pics on his IG for about a month now of him riding and racing mountain bikes. I've heard certain media members say unfavorable things about him referring to he's lazy, unmotivated and doesn't want to ride and I just kind of brushed it off but now I see what they're talking about. I think it's pretty scummy to collect a paycheck from a team who put all of their chips in you yet you won't ride for them because you're too injured yet can do MTB races which are also pretty gnarly. I'm sure I will get jumped on for you don't if he's injured. Why the fck is he racing MTB's then? What if you we're the owner of the team and you put YOUR hard earned money into this guy and he shows no desire to be out there representing your brand?
|
hvaughn88
7/17/2014 12:19pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Just saw a photo of a rider who has missed all of SX and MX with several injuries. Injuries suck and I think a rider should...
Just saw a photo of a rider who has missed all of SX and MX with several injuries. Injuries suck and I think a rider should return until they are %100 healthy but this rider has been posting pics on his IG for about a month now of him riding and racing mountain bikes. I've heard certain media members say unfavorable things about him referring to he's lazy, unmotivated and doesn't want to ride and I just kind of brushed it off but now I see what they're talking about. I think it's pretty scummy to collect a paycheck from a team who put all of their chips in you yet you won't ride for them because you're too injured yet can do MTB races which are also pretty gnarly. I'm sure I will get jumped on for you don't if he's injured. Why the fck is he racing MTB's then? What if you we're the owner of the team and you put YOUR hard earned money into this guy and he shows no desire to be out there representing your brand?
So you think Davi will ever race a KTM?
Cashmore
7/17/2014 12:19pm
Obviously this is about Millsaps.. the guy might not want to race the KTM
ChrisB10
7/17/2014 12:21pm
He doesn't want to? Exactly. But he signed a contract and still cashes their checks
peelout
7/17/2014 12:22pm
i'd say it's none of your fucking business but that would be wouldn't be very nice

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/17/2014 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 12:38pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
He doesn't want to? Exactly. But he signed a contract and still cashes their checks
What bike was he riding when he signed the contract ? I know he was on Suzuki but did he re-sign when they went to KTM or was he already locked in?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
7/17/2014 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 12:29pm
He had a say in the brand selection and I recall he had an option to opt-out when the brands changed.... he didnt when he had a chance, from what I understand.
jndmx
7/17/2014 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2014 12:33pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Do you know how the contract was structured?

Do you know if there is a contingency for just this type of situation that may have an insurance component?

Do you know if all of the pay relies on performance based metrics?

Do you know if he is doing the MTB under the care of a physical therapist as a targeted regime of rehab?
Sandberm
7/17/2014 12:34pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
How do you know hes getting paid? Maybe after a certain amount of races missed the checks stop coming until he starts to race again.

Nobody knows how he is paid.
JonnyDH84
7/17/2014 12:38pm
When you say mtb racing do you mean downhill ? If he is racing xc races they are good for getting back to full fitness and are far from gnarly.
jeffro503
7/17/2014 12:54pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
jndmx wrote:
Do you know how the contract was structured? Do you know if there is a contingency for just this type of situation that may have an...
Do you know how the contract was structured?

Do you know if there is a contingency for just this type of situation that may have an insurance component?

Do you know if all of the pay relies on performance based metrics?

Do you know if he is doing the MTB under the care of a physical therapist as a targeted regime of rehab?
I'm going with this line of questioning.
BAMX
7/17/2014 12:56pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Or, does he have checks to cash? Maybe that is why he isn't racing? regardless...Peelout is right, it isn't our business. If he wants to race MTB instead of moto, then go for it.
hillbilly
7/17/2014 1:03pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Just saw a photo of a rider who has missed all of SX and MX with several injuries. Injuries suck and I think a rider should...
Davi told me the mountain bike isnt gnarly to him and to tell you to go rub ky on your dry pussy,it'll make the dildo slid in easier.
Titan1
7/17/2014 1:08pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
I need to know if this is down hill or cross country races before I make a judgment on whether he should or shouldn't be doing it?
DoctorJD
7/17/2014 1:13pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I need to know if this is down hill or cross country races before I make a judgment on whether he should or shouldn't be doing...
I need to know if this is down hill or cross country races before I make a judgment on whether he should or shouldn't be doing it?
He was doing XC.

FWIW, I remember RC and CR22 both doing XC races during injury rehab. Not trying to take sides, just saying that its not exactly unheard of to race a mountain bike while rehabbing.
Titan1
7/17/2014 1:19pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I need to know if this is down hill or cross country races before I make a judgment on whether he should or shouldn't be doing...
DoctorJD wrote:
He was doing XC. FWIW, I remember RC and CR22 both doing XC races during injury rehab. Not trying to take sides, just saying that its...
He was doing XC.

FWIW, I remember RC and CR22 both doing XC races during injury rehab. Not trying to take sides, just saying that its not exactly unheard of to race a mountain bike while rehabbing.
Then I say good for Millsaps...keep those competitive juices boiling...and keep the lungs and legs in shape.
Ing
7/17/2014 1:36pm
I don't care what he does. I do think it was wrong to sign to ride the KTM and not even ride it in anger. Clearly the bike isn't all that bad.
JonnyDH84
7/17/2014 2:16pm
Xc isnt gnarly its long distance riding even the olympic xc riders were lifting there bikes over pretty tame obstacles . If it was gnarly he would have a full face helmet on .
hvaughn88
7/17/2014 2:20pm
JonnyDH84 wrote:
Xc isnt gnarly its long distance riding even the olympic xc riders were lifting there bikes over pretty tame obstacles . If it was gnarly he...
Xc isnt gnarly its long distance riding even the olympic xc riders were lifting there bikes over pretty tame obstacles . If it was gnarly he would have a full face helmet on .
obviously old school palmer disagrees, haha. I'm just pokin' fun here. I get what you're saying.

JonnyDH84
7/17/2014 2:32pm
JonnyDH84 wrote:
Xc isnt gnarly its long distance riding even the olympic xc riders were lifting there bikes over pretty tame obstacles . If it was gnarly he...
hvaughn88 wrote:
obviously old school palmer disagrees, haha. I'm just pokin' fun here. I get what you're saying. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/07/17/60030/s1200_mountain_bike_race.jpg[/img]
obviously old school palmer disagrees, haha. I'm just pokin' fun here. I get what you're saying.

Haha palmer was rad !! If I were the team I would be supporting this as its fitness training to get him back on a motocross bike quicker.
oshow
7/17/2014 3:33pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
He will be back in 2015 SX on Green and ready to race with a bike he feels comfortable on.
oshow
7/17/2014 3:34pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
When he signed they were not on KTM's
oshow
7/17/2014 3:35pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Davi told me the mountain bike isnt gnarly to him and to tell you to go rub ky on your dry pussy,it'll make the dildo slid...
Davi told me the mountain bike isnt gnarly to him and to tell you to go rub ky on your dry pussy,it'll make the dildo slid in easier.
X. 2
trailhopper
7/17/2014 3:40pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Davi told me the mountain bike isnt gnarly to him and to tell you to go rub ky on your dry pussy,it'll make the dildo slid...
oshow wrote:
X. 2
WoohooWoohooWoohoo OP is a dumb ass
ChrisB10
7/17/2014 3:58pm
Now I know why you guys get the wrap of VITARDS. It's because some of you are complete fcking morons. This is why people make fun of Vital. Honeslty I didn't want to join for the longest time because there's so many fanboys who hold blind allegiances. I've heard people say this about Davi for years. Jason Thomas is the most laid back politically correct person I've ever heard and even he is willing to say Davi just doesn't want to ride and is saving himself for SX and factory Kawi. Use your small brains and figure out that if Davi has been riding a mountain bike for a months and he's now posting pics of himself racing gnarly MTB courses that something fishy is going on. I've heard soooooooooooo many people who have either ridden with Davi or managed him or worked with his program say he is lazy and unmotivated.
peelout
7/17/2014 4:07pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Now I know why you guys get the wrap of VITARDS. It's because some of you are complete fcking morons. This is why people make fun...
Now I know why you guys get the wrap of VITARDS. It's because some of you are complete fcking morons. This is why people make fun of Vital. Honeslty I didn't want to join for the longest time because there's so many fanboys who hold blind allegiances. I've heard people say this about Davi for years. Jason Thomas is the most laid back politically correct person I've ever heard and even he is willing to say Davi just doesn't want to ride and is saving himself for SX and factory Kawi. Use your small brains and figure out that if Davi has been riding a mountain bike for a months and he's now posting pics of himself racing gnarly MTB courses that something fishy is going on. I've heard soooooooooooo many people who have either ridden with Davi or managed him or worked with his program say he is lazy and unmotivated.
so because everyone here calls you out for your retarded line of thinking, we're the retards now?

good logic brah
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/17/2014 4:15pm
It is common knowledge Davi had an "opt out" clause if Rockstar changed brands, so maybe there is an agreement in place that was in both parties best interest.

I.E., maybe KTM would rather pay Davi to stay home while he is "injured", than make him ride a bike he doesn't like and quit, which looks bad for everyone involved.

But then again, I may or may not have smoked some crack earlier today.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/17/2014 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2014 11:38am
ChrisB10 wrote:
Now I know why you guys get the wrap of VITARDS. It's because some of you are complete fcking morons. This is why people make fun...
You seem to be on the same level of dorks like Devin Davis, Danny Doland and Scott Kalish and we wish you didn't join Vital. People dont make fun of Vital , they make fun of dipshits like YOU on vital so if you cant handle it,well................ bye.
JonnyDH84
7/17/2014 5:14pm
What part of its cross country mountain biking dont you understand . Many athletes cross train with mountain biking its an endurance race it's no where near as impactive to the body as moto or dh mountain biking is . I'm not even a fan of davi but your post is just jumping to conclusions without facts .
FCTRY
7/17/2014 5:20pm
It depends on the given race, but most XC race courses these days are ridiculously tame. Even on a course with some techy stuff, which is like a unicorn these days, still 1000x safer than moto.

To see what happens when you give most XC racers 100 feet of technical trail these days, watch the first 25 seconds of this video.

Post a reply to: Healthy enough to race MTB bike but not dirtbikes?

The Latest