Headlight recommendation

agn5009
I’ll be doing a 24 hour race this coming year. Any recommendations on good affordable LED headlights? I have a 2017 Husky TE 300.

Also, should I set up both my headlight and get helmet lights?
|
sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
12/30/2018 9:54am
I've got some buddies that do a 24 hr team race and they all say that lights on your helmet are way better than on the bike. They do have to have a light on their bike due to race rules. One guy said he got his light kit off ebay and really likes it for the price point.
outerlimits
12/30/2018 10:53am
I do most of my yearly riding (not racing) at night. As mentioned above, definitely add a helmet light for starters. I'm not familiar with the stock lights on Huskies, but some stock lights can be made to perform very well with led bulbs. I have a WR450 that has a pretty large reflector that seems to work really well with led bulbs (the kind with the fan). It takes an H4 bulb that has hi and low run together but you can do the same if it takes an H1S bulb. I use a regular bicycle helmet light (10 watt led) that I mount on top of my visor that works as well as any other helmet light I have used and is dirt cheap at less than $20 on ebay or amazon with a battery that lasts about 2 hours. It weighs next to nothing, I can't feel the weight. I had an older Cyclops led helmet light that I don't use anymore as the light is less focused and I can definitely feel the weight. Clearly you would need multiple battery packs or plug into your bike's battery. This combo works well for up to medium speeds, higher speed might require a headlight with a longer throw.

Post a reply to: Headlight recommendation

The Latest