He broke him

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2018 12:24 PM

Led for 30+ minutes with a comfortable lead...then got his doors blown off with 2 laps to go and loses by 7 seconds....

It's over for Musquin, Tomac is just better.

|

7/23/2018 12:28 PM

Yes, but the dude just waits for mistakes.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

7/23/2018 12:30 PM

He was better than Dungey in supercross also. Then Tomacs doors came off the hinges. They have a couple races left. And I didn't see anyone from Mxsports hand Eli a number 1 plate at Millville?

|

7/23/2018 12:31 PM

He’s definitely faster, just not as consistent and has suffered a few mechanical issues. Feels like pretty much the past 10 years has been less about being the fastest and more about just being a steady threat in the top 3.

Glad he’s out there though. Definitely makes it interesting. I was biting my nails the entire 2nd Moto.

|

7/23/2018 12:39 PM

Just.....enjoy.....the......show, you dorks!

|

7/23/2018 12:57 PM

Like he did to Dungey?.....

|

7/23/2018 12:59 PM

mxpro252 wrote:

He’s definitely faster, just not as consistent and has suffered a few mechanical issues. Feels like pretty much the past 10 years has been less about being the fastest and more about just being a steady threat in the top 3.

Glad he’s out there though. Definitely makes it interesting. I was biting my nails the entire 2nd Moto.

It's about who's the best.

|

7/23/2018 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 1:24 PM

Maybe he did but, Musquin will be very good at Washougal.

Let's sit back and enjoy.

|

7/23/2018 1:29 PM

I'm a huge Tomac fan, and yes this weekend was a very dominant ride. But I don't expect Marvin to just roll over. Tomac has made the mistake before to hand over the points lead, lets hope he doesn't do it again.

|

Kevin Windham, The man, the myth, the legend! Gonna miss seeing this man on the line.

-----Do or Do not, There is no try-----

7/23/2018 1:33 PM

The record books are about who is the most consistent. To me, the fans want to see a guy that is faster than anyone else on any given day. If he ends up with a DNF because he was pushing the limits and crashed, it may result in fewer championships had he held back, but it will always win him fans...and more importantly he will always have a ride, sponsors, fans, and most important - a paycheck.

I think that too often when comparing how fast and amazing a guy is people jump to "lets compare titles" when in reality we all just want to see a guy do unbelievable things on a motorcycle.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

7/23/2018 1:41 PM

Tomac was very close to throwing it all away at Millville. On a track like Washougal that's deceivingly slick, Musquin will almost be asking for Tomac to push it like that again.

|

7/23/2018 1:55 PM

...is Tomac the new COW?

|

7/23/2018 2:02 PM

LungButter wrote:

Led for 30+ minutes with a comfortable lead...then got his doors blown off with 2 laps to go and loses by 7 seconds....

If it was like that shouldn't he have more than a 7 point lead after 16 motos?

|

7/23/2018 2:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 2:05 PM

crusty_xx wrote:

Should be 32 points

|

7/23/2018 2:11 PM

All citizens of France are required by law to carry a white flag on them at all times in case a chance to surrender presents itself. If you look in slow motion when Eli passed him you can see Marv reaching for his.

|

7/23/2018 2:28 PM

I would agree after watching Eli ride this weekend, however I've watched marv in person at washougal and he rides the bike totally different from the other guys making him very good at washougal. He seems to not hit the rev limiter much and stays in the sweet spot in the power, which is crucial at washougal to maintain traction. I'm rooting for Eli but I'm predicting Marv to be in it for sure

|

7/23/2018 2:40 PM

LungButter wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

early wrote:

Should be 32 points

The bike is part of racing. In the end it doesn't matter, even if it wasn't his own fault.
I'm just saying it's not over. He only has a 7 point lead.
We all know who's better, that's out of question

|

7/23/2018 3:10 PM

LungButter wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

early wrote:

Should be 32 points

Didn't Marv suffer a mechanical at the final round when he was battling Webb for a 250 title?

|

7/23/2018 3:12 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Didn't Marv suffer a mechanical at the final round when he was battling Webb for a 250 title?

What does that have to do with the fact that Tomac blew by Marv and gapped him so fast that he didn't have time to wave the white flag?

He broke him.

|

7/23/2018 3:17 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Marvin was behind JMart in points in 2015(?) at Ironman when his bike broke early in the race. Point is Tomac has ridden the season like a guy that should have a 32 point lead not 7, but yeah woulda coulda shoulda handful of races left we'll see how it goes, anything can happen.

|

7/23/2018 3:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 3:25 PM

Man, where do these stupid anti-Musquin bozos come from. It’s like these spam threads pop up several times a day.

|

7/23/2018 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 3:34 PM

burn1986 wrote:

Man, where do these stupid anti-Musquin bozos come from. It’s like these spam threads pop up several times a day.

I don't think you really understand what Spam is...the link you have in your signature is actually closer to spam than my thread.

Just trying to stir the pot and do a little bench racing on a Monday, sorry if it hurt your feelers...that's probably how Musquin felt when Tomac blew by him Saturday afternoon as well! Ha!

|

7/23/2018 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 3:46 PM

LungButter wrote:

What does that have to do with the fact that Tomac blew by Marv and gapped him so fast that he didn't have time to wave the white flag?

He broke him.

The only thing that has broke is Eli's bike in the first moto at Red Bud.

|

7/23/2018 3:57 PM

FuzzyLogic wrote:

The record books are about who is the most consistent. To me, the fans want to see a guy that is faster than anyone else on any given day. If he ends up with a DNF because he was pushing the limits and crashed, it may result in fewer championships had he held back, but it will always win him fans...and more importantly he will always have a ride, sponsors, fans, and most important - a paycheck.

I think that too often when comparing how fast and amazing a guy is people jump to "lets compare titles" when in reality we all just want to see a guy do unbelievable things on a motorcycle.

A-freakin-men brother!! People dog on Tomac constantly for riding on the edge too often. I for one think it’s great that he only seems to know one speed and that’s wide f-n-open. People can talk about riding smart and i get all that but for my viewing pleasure, I’d rather watch the guy constantly pushing the limits any day.

|

7/23/2018 4:00 PM

Anyone who says "it's over" several rounds before the end of the series is speaking like a true dumb ass.

|

7/23/2018 4:06 PM

I'm pretty sure championships are important. Elsewise, the team's and sponsors wouldn't pay out those fat bonuses. To the other point...they run the whole season instead of giving the championship to the fastest guy on day one because it's not about who's fastest...it's about who's best. Fast, consistent, and lucky = the best. So far, Eli has that first one nailed down but 7 points is a pretty slim lead. For fans of the sport...that's awesome.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/23/2018 5:31 PM

Brent wrote:

...is Tomac the new COW?

Yes for sure!!!!!

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

7/23/2018 5:34 PM

I re-played the part where he just wicked the bitch up and roosted the flag man. Made a canal. He ain't afraid of WFO.

|

7/23/2018 5:42 PM

LungButter wrote:

Haha your right.. he has been all year though!
He shouldn’t have lost Southwick and if his bike didn’t grenade at Red bud he would of got that overall as well..
He should be perfect for overalls this season.
It won’t be easy at washougal and Dilla though.. Tomac will need to be smart

|

7/23/2018 5:45 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

He was battling martin for the title and yes

|