MX1 Moto 2:
Anstie
Monticelli
Nagl

Superfinal to come.

|
barrs211
2/17/2019 8:18am
Brad Anderson’s crash which resulted in a hospital visit. Not sure on the injuries but that helmet doesn’t look to good!
2/17/2019 8:25am
Shame.

Vialle crashed but is supposed to be ok and they reckon Simpson dislocated a shoulder.
Motofinne
2/17/2019 8:28am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:31am
The year is 2019 and Hawkstone is one of the biggest offseason MX races and there is no live stream from the race? How is that possible?

I mean even a couple of our janky Finnish championship races were streamed in 2018 live with live HD cameras and commentators.

As for the racing, i hope the hurt riders are just banged up. Especially Simpson, Argentina is not far away...

The Shop

tek14
2/17/2019 9:21am
Motofinne wrote:
The year is 2019 and Hawkstone is one of the biggest offseason MX races and there is no live stream from the race? How is that...
The year is 2019 and Hawkstone is one of the biggest offseason MX races and there is no live stream from the race? How is that possible?

I mean even a couple of our janky Finnish championship races were streamed in 2018 live with live HD cameras and commentators.

As for the racing, i hope the hurt riders are just banged up. Especially Simpson, Argentina is not far away...
It seems they are lacking more and more big names. Weather been just poor many times to its hard to thing of off biggest anymore. Italian championship got best riders and now they are prepping for first GPs.
philG
2/17/2019 12:19pm
Motofinne wrote:
The year is 2019 and Hawkstone is one of the biggest offseason MX races and there is no live stream from the race? How is that...

Who pays? The HIMX Team put on a great event and pay to get a good entry for the crowd who pay to watch. Putting it in the Internet for free, doesnt work for anyone.

The results dont tell the story of the day, both MX1 races were really goo, and i think the event was better for Herlings not being there because on paper , there were 5 potential winners, Searle , Anstie, Jasikonis , Nagl and Simpson, and they all looked they might at some point, Surprise of the day for me was Ivo Monticelli who led Moto 2 and funished second and then easily won the Superfinal.

Great day, marred by the Ando crash, which luckily seems to have been less serious than originally feared, although he is a proper mess, from the pics on his insta..
Bidirella
2/17/2019 12:32pm
What about Nagl? He really got his old mojo back it seems! Happy for him he got support for the oversea's GPs because he really belongs there!
philG
2/17/2019 12:59pm
Bidirella wrote:
What about Nagl? He really got his old mojo back it seems! Happy for him he got support for the oversea's GPs because he really belongs...
What about Nagl? He really got his old mojo back it seems! Happy for him he got support for the oversea's GPs because he really belongs there!
For me, Nagl always has the potential to do this , i am a fan, so when he rides well, its what i expect. He almost stole the win in Moto1 for Anstie having made the pass, but not able to hold off the return attempt.
DeStouwer
2/18/2019 2:14am
Anderson broke his nose. I think he got away lucky!
roninho
2/18/2019 3:23am
Motofinne wrote:

The Dutch Masters are not broadcasted, reasons include costs, fear of people staying home because they can watch it online (= less ticket sales income) and expected low viewership as well (so no incentive for sponsors to pay for this). I can see those reasons apply to Hawkstone as well.
Motofinne
2/18/2019 3:30am
Motofinne wrote:

roninho wrote:
The Dutch Masters are not broadcasted, reasons include costs, fear of people staying home because they can watch it online (= less ticket sales income) and...
The Dutch Masters are not broadcasted, reasons include costs, fear of people staying home because they can watch it online (= less ticket sales income) and expected low viewership as well (so no incentive for sponsors to pay for this). I can see those reasons apply to Hawkstone as well.
Yeah i understand that, have these races grown? Is there potential to grow?

Why not have a pay to view system? Same price as a entry ticket?
ayearinmx
2/18/2019 3:52am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i understand that, have these races grown? Is there potential to grow? Why not have a pay to view system? Same price as a entry...

you really think enough people will sign-up for a PPV Hawkstone International, to warrant the cost of camera crew plus equipment and all the internet connection needed (Hawkstone is in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have good internet) ??

i didn't go this year, but i personally don't think it needs internet streaming or anything like that... i'd prefer they spend money to keep trying to get good talent to attend, which i think they usually manage to do
2/18/2019 4:05am
What I didn’t understand, when Simpson crashed in the 2nd moto, why did he take his helmet off then went to retrieve his bike from the middle of the track on a blind jump?
Motofinne
2/18/2019 4:37am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2019 4:41am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i understand that, have these races grown? Is there potential to grow? Why not have a pay to view system? Same price as a entry...

ayearinmx wrote:
you really think enough people will sign-up for a PPV Hawkstone International, to warrant the cost of camera crew plus equipment and all the internet connection...
you really think enough people will sign-up for a PPV Hawkstone International, to warrant the cost of camera crew plus equipment and all the internet connection needed (Hawkstone is in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have good internet) ??

i didn't go this year, but i personally don't think it needs internet streaming or anything like that... i'd prefer they spend money to keep trying to get good talent to attend, which i think they usually manage to do
I don't know, but whatever. I think it sucks that only the Italian races are streamed and i would think that promoters would want to grow their races (especially when they have international stars racing), that is all. Even though i understand why they don't do it.

The good thing is that MX Vice has a good coverage of the race!
robkinuk
2/18/2019 4:42am
What I didn’t understand, when Simpson crashed in the 2nd moto, why did he take his helmet off then went to retrieve his bike from the...
What I didn’t understand, when Simpson crashed in the 2nd moto, why did he take his helmet off then went to retrieve his bike from the middle of the track on a blind jump?
His left shoulder was dislocated and with the pain I guess he wasn't thinking straight and just wanted to get his bike off the track from being landed on, but yes several of us watching questioned his actions?
ayearinmx
2/18/2019 4:51am
Motofinne wrote:
I don't know, but whatever. I think it sucks that only the Italian races are streamed and i would think that promoters would want to grow...
I don't know, but whatever. I think it sucks that only the Italian races are streamed and i would think that promoters would want to grow their races (especially when they have international stars racing), that is all. Even though i understand why they don't do it.

i guess I disagree that this race will 'grow' by having a streaming service... in my opinion it will just make people stay at home

this way, if you want to watch the racing, you go to the race.... after all, it's in February and people don't need an excuse to stay in the warm

and again, this is not an easy place to stream..... Riola, Mantova and Ottobiano are all flat and relatively easy to put cameras in certain spots to cover (especially Mantova and Ottobiano). It's also a series so you can get lower costs because you are using equipment multiple times and thus get a better rate. I'd prefer they spend the money on getting the good riders, rather than spend it on a stream,

Either way, it's a cool event if you ever get the chance to go there and i hope they continue to make enough money to keep doing it...
roninho
2/18/2019 6:21am
Motofinne wrote:

roninho wrote:
The Dutch Masters are not broadcasted, reasons include costs, fear of people staying home because they can watch it online (= less ticket sales income) and...
Motofinne wrote:

Because for a local non commercial club it is allready a substantial risk to organize such a race. Why would you want to add additional financial risk in a broadcast with a guaranteed cash out and questionable if you'd get enough in return? Especially when there is little upside. I mean i would have liked to watch a couple of minutes of Hawkstone, but how would that race grow by having it broadcasted online?
500guy
2/18/2019 6:33am
Thanks for the results, Does Max have a ride for the GP's ?
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
2/18/2019 7:29am
Motofinne wrote:
I don't know, but whatever. I think it sucks that only the Italian races are streamed and i would think that promoters would want to grow...

ayearinmx wrote:
i guess I disagree that this race will 'grow' by having a streaming service... in my opinion it will just make people stay at home this...
i guess I disagree that this race will 'grow' by having a streaming service... in my opinion it will just make people stay at home

this way, if you want to watch the racing, you go to the race.... after all, it's in February and people don't need an excuse to stay in the warm

and again, this is not an easy place to stream..... Riola, Mantova and Ottobiano are all flat and relatively easy to put cameras in certain spots to cover (especially Mantova and Ottobiano). It's also a series so you can get lower costs because you are using equipment multiple times and thus get a better rate. I'd prefer they spend the money on getting the good riders, rather than spend it on a stream,

Either way, it's a cool event if you ever get the chance to go there and i hope they continue to make enough money to keep doing it...
the same discussion is being had here in NZ, where the live stream feed is free, but spectator numbers are down,

I know alot of dirt track car races here are streamed, and the price is the same as the gate entry,
2/18/2019 10:44am
Watson & Mewse didn't look sharp yesterday. I tipped one of them for the win.
ruy
2/18/2019 11:53am

Snapper
2/18/2019 12:03pm
Motofinne wrote:

ayearinmx wrote:
i guess I disagree that this race will 'grow' by having a streaming service... in my opinion it will just make people stay at home this...

I'm with you on this. Imagine how many cameras you'd need at Hawkstone to be able to follow the leader for one lap. You'd need at least five for the hill (and downhill) alone.

Keep it as it is, it was the biggest crowd I've seen there since the Everts/Smets/Coppins era.

Anyone know why Vlaanderen was a no show?

Also, anyone else there notice John Adamson's results? He went 14-12 in MX1 and he only scored points in one Maxxis race all last year! Fair play to him, he's clearly in shape.
2/18/2019 12:14pm
Motofinne wrote:

ayearinmx wrote:

Snapper wrote:
I'm with you on this. Imagine how many cameras you'd need at Hawkstone to be able to follow the leader for one lap. You'd need at...
I'm with you on this. Imagine how many cameras you'd need at Hawkstone to be able to follow the leader for one lap. You'd need at least five for the hill (and downhill) alone.

Keep it as it is, it was the biggest crowd I've seen there since the Everts/Smets/Coppins era.

Anyone know why Vlaanderen was a no show?

Also, anyone else there notice John Adamson's results? He went 14-12 in MX1 and he only scored points in one Maxxis race all last year! Fair play to him, he's clearly in shape.
Vlaanderen was involved in a 1st crash at Mantova last weekend, looked slow getting up. I kinda guessed he wouldn’t ride.
2/18/2019 12:22pm
Was a fantastic meeting, great racing the MX2 class had a lot of the top guys, we loved it styed right till the end to watch podiums etc. Fastest of the day for me was Sterry hope he stays safe & shows what he can do this year.

I was most impressed with the young 125 riders in particular Kay de Wolf & Joel Rizzi their talent is amazing,

Post a reply to: Hawkstone International

The Latest