Hawkstone International

SH_105
3/20/2011 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:26am
Seeing if anyone had any info on how the day went... I know Searle was fast but what about ZO338 and the rest? Always a cool warm up race before the GP's start!

SH
|
Barrett57
3/20/2011 1:36pm
searle was on it, but his bike blew up.
Asher
3/20/2011 2:02pm
searle blew 2 motors, but was easily fastest in mx2
robkinuk
3/20/2011 2:14pm
Tommy Searle won MX2 class overall 2 wins. His lap times were consistently 2 sec faster than top MX1 guys! Was leading Superfinal moto, pitting top 20 from MX2 & MX1together for final 25min + 2 lap moto, when his motor blew up. Max Anstie was a very popular winner from Steve Ramon & Shaun Simpson.

Mx1 was a great battle between Clement Desalle & Tanel Leok out on a TM. Clement won both motos but was only 3 bike lengths ahead of Leok in moto 2.

Some great riding in all classes, particularly from Zac Osbourne, Martin Barr, Arnold Tonus and Mattis Karro, Brad Anderson.
Seb Pourcel was up to speed but crashes prevented better results.
Good crowd, est 7 to 8,000 weather dull & overcast, track in prime condition.
jamma10
3/20/2011 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2011 2:27pm
Zach was 4th overall in MX2 with a pretty decent 2nd place in the 2nd moto. As the others have said Searle was easily the fastest MX2 rider (as expected really) while Tonus, Anstie, Zach and Mattis Karro were all fairly even.

Desalle won the MX1 class from Leok and Ramon who were all really fast - Simpson looked fast and smooth on the 450 which is encouraging for the season from a British perspective and Martin Barr was reallyimpressive in the 1st race of the day hanging on to Ramon in 4th until he made a mistake towards the end.

In the Superfinal (MX2 riders start 4 secs ahead of MX1) Searle was comfortably leading until a mechanical forced him to retire and Anstie was leading when I left with a couple of laps to go.

The track was perfect today, there was some good racing and Searle was looking really good on that PC Kawi - even if he did blow two motors!!

The Shop

3/20/2011 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2012 1:58pm
jamma10 wrote:
Zach was 4th overall in MX2 with a pretty decent 2nd place in the 2nd moto. As the others have said Searle was easily the fastest...
Zach was 4th overall in MX2 with a pretty decent 2nd place in the 2nd moto. As the others have said Searle was easily the fastest MX2 rider (as expected really) while Tonus, Anstie, Zach and Mattis Karro were all fairly even.

Desalle won the MX1 class from Leok and Ramon who were all really fast - Simpson looked fast and smooth on the 450 which is encouraging for the season from a British perspective and Martin Barr was reallyimpressive in the 1st race of the day hanging on to Ramon in 4th until he made a mistake towards the end.

In the Superfinal (MX2 riders start 4 secs ahead of MX1) Searle was comfortably leading until a mechanical forced him to retire and Anstie was leading when I left with a couple of laps to go.

The track was perfect today, there was some good racing and Searle was looking really good on that PC Kawi - even if he did blow two motors!!
/
cmx152
3/20/2011 2:55pm
thought i would sign up and share some pictures i got today with you guys. like mentioned above it was a pretty dull/grey cloudy day and im not that great with the camera yet!, but hey they are better than nothing Wink

searle and anstie were flying on pro circuit bikes, shame searle blew 2 motors, i hope its not gona become a regular occurance :\

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=338754&id=515188551
Phillips467
3/20/2011 3:04pm
Did the MX2 bikes start ahead in the Superfinal again this year??
cmx152
3/20/2011 3:10pm
cmx152
3/20/2011 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/20/2011 3:28pm
Now you mention it i'm not sure, i don't think they did but sombody else will confirm im sure

*edit - sombody mentioned it above, they got a 4 sec head start, that explains ansties huge holeshot*
Barrett57
3/20/2011 3:12pm
some of those pictures are pretty good mate, how did CCM do?
cmx152
3/20/2011 3:24pm
Barrett57 wrote:
some of those pictures are pretty good mate, how did CCM do?
cheers pal, i can't comment on results i had a hard time keeping up and playing with the camera lol. swordy looked good on the CCM though
cmx152
3/20/2011 3:25pm

desalle over the drop off
SH_105
3/20/2011 5:43pm
jamma10 wrote:
Zach was 4th overall in MX2 with a pretty decent 2nd place in the 2nd moto. As the others have said Searle was easily the fastest...

Thanks for some info Jamma!! I was looking on MxTrax and couldn't find anything worth reading through 14 pages of! Good to see TS riding like he knows how again and serving a little notice before Rd 1 in a few weeks time

SH
mxb2
3/20/2011 5:45pm
jamma10 wrote:

SH_105 wrote:
Thanks for some info Jamma!! I was looking on MxTrax and couldn't find anything worth reading through 14 pages of! Good to see TS riding like...
Thanks for some info Jamma!! I was looking on MxTrax and couldn't find anything worth reading through 14 pages of! Good to see TS riding like he knows how again and serving a little notice before Rd 1 in a few weeks time

SH
Hey SH 105, you have any thing lined up for the outdoor nationals?
SH_105
3/20/2011 6:09pm
mxb2 wrote:
Sadly to be honest no... My career is blindingly over with as much chance of me returning as the Lawyer fellow has of making a main event!! A lot of things have or haven't worked out the way I was sold on them being so in return I've wasted 2 years waiting idle for someone to make things happen, now it's on to some other things outside of riding or racing to keep me busy and making money. The biggest shame is the fitness and renewed focus I have had for the past year and a half to get myself back out there, all of that has gone to waste. The good news is I'm in the best shape I've ever been in though! I will never say never though as some things could happen but few and far in between

SH
mxb2
3/20/2011 6:19pm
Well that sucks man, hope you can catch a break and once you get the chance to prove yourself! Stay in shape and good things happen to good people IMO. I bet you would do well if you had some mx schools , thats if you want to stay in the sport. Good Luck to you. You were always cool to me when i talked to you at the nationals, Not all pro s are dicks LOL!
burnside
3/20/2011 7:17pm
Good to see Searle kicking ass again! Be awesome to see him win the world champs... then return to US on a PC steed!
machine
3/20/2011 7:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
SH_105 wrote:
Sadly to be honest no... My career is blindingly over with as much chance of me returning as the Lawyer fellow has of making a main...
Sadly to be honest no... My career is blindingly over with as much chance of me returning as the Lawyer fellow has of making a main event!! A lot of things have or haven't worked out the way I was sold on them being so in return I've wasted 2 years waiting idle for someone to make things happen, now it's on to some other things outside of riding or racing to keep me busy and making money. The biggest shame is the fitness and renewed focus I have had for the past year and a half to get myself back out there, all of that has gone to waste. The good news is I'm in the best shape I've ever been in though! I will never say never though as some things could happen but few and far in between

SH
Sorry to hear that man. Sometimes things like this happen for a reason. You might just look back on this some day and realize it was for the best.

Hey, you can still have fun riding like the rest of us poor saps. Smile

Post a reply to: Hawkstone International

The Latest