Having a bike in the city ( Melbourne Australia)

Related:
Create New Tag

3/1/2019 1:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 1:35 AM

So i'm soon to be moving from a small town in Queensland, to Melbourne. I was wandering what tips you guys have for owning bikes in the city as I have only ever lived in a small town. How to go about theft prevention, and cleaning, and maintaining the bike. (edit) I know how to maintain a bike, but if it is, say in a storage unit or something how would you go about it.

Cheers

|

Everytime you post someting stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Be smart, for the kids.

3/1/2019 1:46 AM

My condolences

|

3/1/2019 2:13 AM

Suburbs or CBD? Shed or no shed?

|

3/1/2019 2:16 AM

I live right in the CBD and have no where to keep my bike, so I wash it straight after riding at a car wash, go to my storage unit and do a air filter / keep it there. I always change oil at the track into a car oil holder.

I don't find security an issue as I have the storage unit and have bike insurance for $20 a month.

|

3/1/2019 2:22 AM

JT241 wrote:

So i'm soon to be moving from a small town in Queensland, to Melbourne. I was wandering what tips you guys have for owning bikes in the city as I have only ever lived in a small town. How to go about theft prevention, and cleaning, and maintaining the bike. (edit) I know how to maintain a bike, but if it is, say in a storage unit or something how would you go about it.

Cheers

Washing at the car wash straight after riding an then do whatever you’ve got to do at te storage unit.

If your worried about it in the storage unit get a big chain An chain it too something in there

I live 45 minutes from the cbd so when your down let me know An we will go for a ride

|

3/1/2019 2:23 AM

Double wrote:

I live right in the CBD and have no where to keep my bike, so I wash it straight after riding at a car wash, go to my storage unit and do a air filter / keep it there. I always change oil at the track into a car oil holder.

I don't find security an issue as I have the storage unit and have bike insurance for $20 a month.

Who do you have your bike insurance with double if you don’t mind me asking

|

3/1/2019 2:27 AM

I used to live in a unit close to CBD. I asked a rider I met if I could keep my bike at his place, 20 minutes away. No problem. Used to coordinate times to work on both our bikes. Cost me a couple of cartons of beer. Currency in Australia.

|

3/1/2019 3:21 AM

check out ridepark in Parwan when your down.. and wash it asap! There is also park4mx and krusics ridepark down Gippsland way. All are great

|

3/1/2019 5:03 AM

Dropbear wrote:

Suburbs or CBD? Shed or no shed?

Preston, and i'm staying at a family members place with a small shed, but i don't know what they have in there already and if there is space

|

Everytime you post someting stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Be smart, for the kids.

3/1/2019 5:07 AM

JT241 wrote:

Cheers

Tim271 wrote:

Washing at the car wash straight after riding an then do whatever you’ve got to do at te storage unit.

If your worried about it in the storage unit get a big chain An chain it too something in there

I live 45 minutes from the cbd so when your down let me know An we will go for a ride

Cheers. i was thinking of taking the front wheel off when i store it where ever i do and leaving it in my room, pretty hard to take a bike that cant roll. and ill be going down there after i finish school this year, so ill be sure to give ya a buzz once im down there, ill surely be trying to find someone to ride with and learn about the good local tracks as well as the rideparks. Is there much of a local race scene down there?

|

3/1/2019 5:08 AM

mxmaniac wrote:

check out ridepark in Parwan when your down.. and wash it asap! There is also park4mx and krusics ridepark down Gippsland way. All are great

yeah that was the plan, ill be about 40 min from ridepark so that will surely be a big one for me

|