Have you ever went riding with someone and all they do is complain....................

BAD10
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 8:03am
.......... about the track? A guy I know went riding with a group of us yesterday, and he is known to be a negative nanny, so I should have known, but all he did was complain about the track. Its too sandy here, too hard there, too many rocks there, too wet there, too dry there, that jump is too hard to do, etc, etc. He then went on to tell one of the guys in the group that his CR500AF was a peice of shit and that he wasted his money. Geeezus, STFU dude! What a downer! This is MOTOCROSS, not all tracks are the same, and its supposed to be hard! I go to the track to escape stress, not bring it with me. Now I know its partly my fault for letting it get to me, but it put me in a funk the rest of our time out there. Constant negativity is a cancer I tell ya!! Just venting........................
|
Outsider
11/8/2009 11:46am
Your post sucks and your avatar is lame.

Have a good day! Silly
BAD10
11/8/2009 11:47am
Thst post was too long! TOo many periods too! SHIT!
you got me....... haha

The Shop

Grendel
11/8/2009 11:55am Edited Date/Time 11/8/2009 11:55am
Were you lapping him? Maybe he was just trying to excuse his performance.
oldx
11/8/2009 12:01pm
You don't have to ride with him again. Now STFU
BUTCH
11/8/2009 12:02pm
Outsider wrote:
Your post sucks and your avatar is lame.

Have a good day! Silly
Laughing
BUTCH
11/8/2009 12:11pm
BAD10 wrote:
.......... about the track? A guy I know went riding with a group of us yesterday, and he is known to be a negative nanny, so...
.......... about the track? A guy I know went riding with a group of us yesterday, and he is known to be a negative nanny, so I should have known, but all he did was complain about the track. Its too sandy here, too hard there, too many rocks there, too wet there, too dry there, that jump is too hard to do, etc, etc. He then went on to tell one of the guys in the group that his CR500AF was a peice of shit and that he wasted his money. Geeezus, STFU dude! What a downer! This is MOTOCROSS, not all tracks are the same, and its supposed to be hard! I go to the track to escape stress, not bring it with me. Now I know its partly my fault for letting it get to me, but it put me in a funk the rest of our time out there. Constant negativity is a cancer I tell ya!! Just venting........................
I have had that happen as well. Me and and old friend and a guy I just met at work, went to Washougal a few years back,. The guy I just met at work , had never been there before, not even to watch the Nationals, he had also just bout a brand new CR250. The guy bitched all day about the track and about his new bike, didn't bother me though. I just made my own day and had a lot of fun waxing his ass, mainly because before we went he talked shit constantly at work about my bike and how he was going to smoke my ass.
croom mx
11/8/2009 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2009 1:34pm
I take them to the hard and IMPOSSIBLE off road sections at CROOM off road park. 20 and 30 foot vertical dropoffs , sand hills 300 foot high, rain gutters, rocks from mining! If you have not been to Croom you aint seen nothing yet!
M-M
11/8/2009 1:37pm
Its worse when you go racing with someone. They go out to race, get lapped then come back thinking they were in the top 5,non stop shit talking for the next few weeks......
perumx
11/8/2009 1:38pm
I have a friend like that.
I dont ride with him no more.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
11/8/2009 2:00pm
perumx wrote:
I had a friend like that, life is to short for complainers.
DanDunes818
11/8/2009 2:17pm
I don't ride with people like that. I don't even let my girlfriend go out to the tack with me anymore because she always whined about this and that. Too dusty--Too muddy--Too loud--Boring--etc..etc.. The final straw with her was her bitching about me getting hurt once. As if having to go to the hospital wasn't bad enough I had to hear a speech on the way there about me getting too old and having to many responsibilities to be riding. She has not been invited since.
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
11/8/2009 2:27pm
Yeah dude drop that guy from your regular riding buddies, Negativity is just a downwards spiral... Positivity is an upwards spiral- replace him with a super positive person if possible- life will be grand
BAD10
11/8/2009 2:40pm
motokiwi wrote:
Yeah dude drop that guy from your regular riding buddies, Negativity is just a downwards spiral... Positivity is an upwards spiral- replace him with a super...
Yeah dude drop that guy from your regular riding buddies, Negativity is just a downwards spiral... Positivity is an upwards spiral- replace him with a super positive person if possible- life will be grand
For sure. I mean, we all have our bad days, but I try to stay positive, which didnt used to always be the case, but one thing I've learned is that life is much more enjoyable around positive people.
Rupert X
11/8/2009 3:12pm

I'm THE complaining friend like that.

But, it gets worse.

I HAVE a complaining friend like that.

But wait.

He has sisters.

Two of them are HOT.

So.... it ain't that bad.
croom mx
11/8/2009 3:17pm
Rupert X wrote:
I'm THE complaining friend like that. But, it gets worse. I HAVE a complaining friend like that. But wait. He has sisters. Two of them are...

I'm THE complaining friend like that.

But, it gets worse.

I HAVE a complaining friend like that.

But wait.

He has sisters.

Two of them are HOT.

So.... it ain't that bad.
You need to stick with the Planets, and warp drive.
500guy
11/8/2009 4:00pm
motokiwi wrote:
Yeah dude drop that guy from your regular riding buddies, Negativity is just a downwards spiral... Positivity is an upwards spiral- replace him with a super...
BAD10 wrote:
For sure. I mean, we all have our bad days, but I try to stay positive, which didnt used to always be the case, but one...
For sure. I mean, we all have our bad days, but I try to stay positive, which didnt used to always be the case, but one thing I've learned is that life is much more enjoyable around positive people.
Normally when I have a bad day at the track, I like to make fun of it and joke about it.

How boring would life be if everything went perfect and and nothing was a surprise ?

MX is all about adapting to the situation isn't it ?
Justin314
11/8/2009 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2009 12:29pm
perumx wrote:
Raul, is that you?

But me too. I hardly ride with him anymore because of it. Im starting to wonder if were talking about the same guy, haha.
Digger437
11/8/2009 5:13pm
When anyone in our group ever starts complaining, we ask them in front of everyone if they want us to sweep the sand out of their mangina's and they usually shut up. I'm pretty lucky, all the guys I ride with are awesome and we ride with a lot of kids so that makes it twice the fun, because they are always positive and saying funny shit.

BUTCH
11/8/2009 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2009 5:36pm
I just ride with my youngest son anymore. Got tired of riding with people that want to be ass hats or just want to go home after an hour and a half of riding. This one guy I rode with many times would want to go home after 45 minutes. I would still ride with him but would never go with him . So when he started crying and wanted to go home , I'd say, see ya. The final straw for him was , he called me and wanted to go riding. The following morning he calls me and says he decided to go play golf. I said not a problem and went riding by myself. It's been 4 years since that morning and I haven't rode with him since.
11/8/2009 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 6:50pm
"Have you ever went riding with someone and all they do is complain...................."

Many times. My uncle (not by blood thank God) was always like that when he took us riding. Especially on race days. All he did was go on about how the announcers suck, the lighting was terrible, the race schedule, when they were grooming/building the track he'd predict all this nonsense crap about what they were gonna build and how they messed up the track and they watered it too much or its too choppy. I just wanted to back hand him across the face and tell him "Well that's motocross, we came here to have a good time not to listen to your bullshit." Boy did I feel for my cousin. Not that he was a total douche, he was just really judgmental about everything, nice fellow though. Ironically, he didn't ride.Silly
Justin314
11/8/2009 6:14pm
Digger437 wrote:
When anyone in our group ever starts complaining, we ask them in front of everyone if they want us to sweep the sand out of their...
When anyone in our group ever starts complaining, we ask them in front of everyone if they want us to sweep the sand out of their mangina's and they usually shut up. I'm pretty lucky, all the guys I ride with are awesome and we ride with a lot of kids so that makes it twice the fun, because they are always positive and saying funny shit.

hahaha Ill keep that in mind if we have that issue in our group again.
swizcore
11/8/2009 7:45pm
The only thing I ever complain about when I ride is how weak my endurance is; hope to change that next year though.
fencepost
11/8/2009 8:31pm
Those are usually the guys that suck. " i'd kick ass if the berme weren't all blown out and the track was groomed and they watered too much.......waaaaaaaa"
Jake-247
11/8/2009 10:59pm
perumx wrote:
Same here. To be honest I dont even think hes rides anymore...
11/9/2009 3:14am
croom mx wrote:
I take them to the hard and IMPOSSIBLE off road sections at CROOM off road park. 20 and 30 foot vertical dropoffs , sand hills 300...
I take them to the hard and IMPOSSIBLE off road sections at CROOM off road park. 20 and 30 foot vertical dropoffs , sand hills 300 foot high, rain gutters, rocks from mining! If you have not been to Croom you aint seen nothing yet!
Croom has not had a 300 foot high hill in 25 years thanks to the querds, I mean quads. Every hill there has 10-15 foot high erosion walls bordering the climbs, which are like a two lane freeway.

The miles of endless sand whoops are where the complainers start looking furiously for a side trail back to the truck.
Kinetic1
11/9/2009 5:06am
If anyone in my group starts whining I just find a good spot to roost them really good. Then when they whine about that I tell them this is motocross not golf quit whining or go home. They usually don't come back or if they do they have a better attitude.
swizcore
11/9/2009 7:57am Edited Date/Time 11/9/2009 7:57am
croom mx wrote:
I take them to the hard and IMPOSSIBLE off road sections at CROOM off road park. 20 and 30 foot vertical dropoffs , sand hills 300...
Croom has not had a 300 foot high hill in 25 years thanks to the querds, I mean quads. Every hill there has 10-15 foot high...
Croom has not had a 300 foot high hill in 25 years thanks to the querds, I mean quads. Every hill there has 10-15 foot high erosion walls bordering the climbs, which are like a two lane freeway.

The miles of endless sand whoops are where the complainers start looking furiously for a side trail back to the truck.
I rode Croom in 1994 when I was with a friend who was preparing for the Gatorback National that year. Those sand whoops were gnarly for sure. I was a pretty poor rider then but I didnt complain about the track, just noticed my weaknesses. Many of them.
JackLHyde
11/9/2009 9:36am
I hate it when people complain how expensive everything about MX is, yet they buy a new bike every year and always wear the newest gear. Dude, this may not be cheap, but give me another example of motorsport that you can be competitive with so little investment!

Post a reply to: Have you ever went riding with someone and all they do is complain....................

The Latest