Have you ever hit a huge tractor tire...

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2019 9:07 AM

... lining the track?

Don't! They hurt. I'm talking Hannah v Howerton pain.

|

11/5/2019 9:21 AM

Yep cost me a shift Lever !!!!

|

11/5/2019 9:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2019 9:28 AM

Yup, cost me a shift lever, gear spindle and front rotor. Bike stopped, I front flipped over the bars and landed on my back right in the only large puddle around.

|

11/5/2019 9:43 AM

Just this year I crashed when I leaned over to far in a tight 180 and my foot peg hit the tire. Knocked my bike right out from under me. Large tractor tires have no place on a MX track. Ask Swap. He just about lost his head hitting one.

|

11/5/2019 9:45 AM

Ask Swap

|

11/5/2019 9:49 AM

A few years ago I had just bolted a new FMF SXS pipe and silencer on my son’s KTM 65 and he made 2 or 3 laps before crushing the pipe on one of those tires in a corner. Needless to say I was a little upset.

|

11/5/2019 9:49 AM

I broke my right pinky finger on one last year, those old rubber tires are hard as rocks.

|

11/5/2019 9:50 AM

Yes. Flying Dutchmen in PA, the year 2000. Front flipped, full squid!

It was sick bros!

|

United States of America

11/5/2019 9:51 AM

I hit one at middleboro ma back in the day stacked three high no shit I ended up head first in it and had to get pulled out I decided rite there that im clastraphobic

|

11/5/2019 10:38 AM

Tried to once but barely missed! I hate when they put speed bumps in the start

|

11/5/2019 10:59 AM

Nope but a guy pushed me into a round bale once. The resulting crash was nothing short of spectacular

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

11/5/2019 11:07 AM

They mark some UK tracks with wooden steaks. They definitely hurt 🙈

|

11/5/2019 11:22 AM

Camp332 wrote:

It was sick bros!

Man I broke my leg twice there! No tires involved though

|

11/5/2019 11:22 AM

M-M wrote:

They mark some UK tracks with wooden steaks. They definitely hurt 🙈

But... how do they taste?

|

11/5/2019 11:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2019 12:06 PM

Camp332 wrote:

It was sick bros!

I remember Flying Dutchmen. Bob Kiniry and i used to make the trip down every Labor Day with our dads. Race there on Saturday and sleepy hollow Sunday same wknd. I was there in 2000 in the 125 AM and schoolboy class

|

11/5/2019 11:39 AM

mxer613 wrote:

I broke my right pinky finger on one last year, those old rubber tires are hard as rocks.

Did the same thing to my right pinky finger at Glen Helen in 1987.

|

11/5/2019 11:49 AM

I endoed over a sprint car tyre lining the track once. That hurt, really bent the spine to the limit. Was lucky.

|

11/5/2019 11:56 AM

Got pulled off my bike when my leg caught the twine used as a track marker.

|

11/5/2019 12:35 PM

This is my biggest peeve in moto! Why do track owners line the course with sketchy objects like hay bales, big tires and wooden stakes that are super dangerous and on blind spots of landings....cause moto isn’t dangerous enough already without the added stupidity. How’s about no course markers and rather the odd pylon row in potential hazardous or direction confusing areas. Full disclosure I broke my back and fractured a neck vertebrae when I landed on a hay bale on the landing of a small 30ft double. It is just so unnecessary to line the landing area with bales/tires/anything...rant over

|

11/5/2019 12:43 PM

Tires should not be close to a MX track.

|

11/5/2019 12:46 PM

MX76er wrote:

This is my biggest peeve in moto! Why do track owners line the course with sketchy objects like hay bales, big tires and wooden stakes that are super dangerous and on blind spots of landings....cause moto isn’t dangerous enough already without the added stupidity. How’s about no course markers and rather the odd pylon row in potential hazardous or direction confusing areas. Full disclosure I broke my back and fractured a neck vertebrae when I landed on a hay bale on the landing of a small 30ft double. It is just so unnecessary to line the landing area with bales/tires/anything...rant over

Blah blah blah don’t hit the hay bail next time. It’s really not that hard to avoid all the shit on the outside of the track. Stay on the track.

|

11/5/2019 12:53 PM

Camp332 wrote:

It was sick bros!

MX114 wrote:

I remember Flying Dutchmen. Bob Kiniry and i used to make the trip down every Labor Day with our dads. Race there on Saturday and sleepy hollow Sunday same wknd. I was there in 2000 in the 125 AM and schoolboy class

Nice! I remember Bobby ripping up our local District 6 tracks back then. I was dorking around in 125 novice.

|

United States of America

11/5/2019 1:13 PM

MX76er wrote:

xrmark wrote:

Blah blah blah don’t hit the hay bail next time. It’s really not that hard to avoid all the shit on the outside of the track. Stay on the track.

Tell that to AC. The worlds best riders go off the track ya prick.

|

11/5/2019 1:17 PM

xrmark wrote:

Wow you’re a douche

|

11/5/2019 1:23 PM

No, but I've hit a tractor. That wasn't fun. Also bounced off of one those old painted yellow tires that used to line Southwick...with my helmet. Had the yellow mark on it and everything grin

|

Twitter: @bayodome
Instagram: @bayodome

11/5/2019 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2019 1:28 PM

MX76er wrote:

xrmark wrote:

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

Tell that to AC. The worlds best riders go off the track ya prick.

Ask RC how easy it is to not hit a boat on a supercross track. Spoiler... it's harder than you would think.

|

11/5/2019 1:28 PM

If track owner did not put things like tires, hay, rocks, sticks or something everyone would just cut the track.. I put cones on my track in a few turns to make riders actually make a turn. 5 laps in some one will knock the cone over and there you go the turn is gone and now it's a straight.

|

11/5/2019 1:29 PM

Not a tractor tire, but 3 car tires (they were no big deal) then a semi tire (it was a big deal) that sent my bike cartwheeling and me flying. It was a night race at Dirt Country in Blanchester Ohio (if you've ever been there you know how dusty it got and how poor the lighting was lol). I was running 4th off the start and came out from under the bridge wider than I thought because I couldn't see. I didn't know it at the time, but I broke my collar bone and tried to race the next day at Frankfort Old Town Park (if you every raced there you know how rough it got).

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

11/5/2019 1:43 PM

NO.....I’m dumb not stupid!

|

11/5/2019 1:47 PM

They have to mark the track with something but you shouldn't be able to hit stuff that doesn't move.. in Supermoto, we have had had truck tyres at the apex of turns, and you can hit your bars on them when you are leaned over, instant crash, its stupid.

|