Have We Done This One About Blake Bagget?

5/14/2021 10:33pm
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done...
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done with the sport....and not worried about blacklisting himself with the industry.
captmoto wrote:
If you are an employer holding up your end of the contract you don't need to worry about getting sued.
tuttle425 wrote:
Employer: But I am upholding my end of the contract. Rider: Okay, we'll let the courts decide. In a perfect world both parties would agree on...
Employer: But I am upholding my end of the contract.
Rider: Okay, we'll let the courts decide.

In a perfect world both parties would agree on what's in a contract. In reality, that's why we have courts.
The bottom line is that Blake is done with racing. Many other riders have had similar issues, but kept it private, and moved on with another team. I wish he was still out there, but it seems quite obvious at this point that he's done.
MikeJones
5/14/2021 10:56pm
davistld01 wrote:
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite...
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite sure a lot of sorry crap has gone on with teams & riders over the years that we’ll never know about…or at least the whole truth about.
GuyB wrote:
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports? I generally chuckle when people think issues between...
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle when people think issues between participants and teams and/or sponsors is exclusive to "Our sport..."
You pissed? You “generally chuckle” about a lot of weird shit, don’t you? It’s been known that we’re about a decade behind other sports as far as how teams handle press releases etc.
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
5/14/2021 10:58pm
Pissed? No.

It's been known? Really? Where can I read more about this?
MikeJones
5/14/2021 11:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Pissed? No.

Watch ESPN one time

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
5/14/2021 11:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Pissed? No.

MikeJones wrote:
Watch ESPN one time
I haven't watched the ball, stick, and spelling bee network in a really long time.
MikeJones
5/14/2021 11:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 11:13pm
GuyB wrote:
Pissed? No.

MikeJones wrote:
Watch ESPN one time
GuyB wrote:
I haven't watched the ball, stick, and spelling bee network in a really long time.
Exactly the point I made in my first post. We wonder how we can grow our sport or attract mainstream attention, yet most media outlets or teams are too cool, or clueless, to follow the model that is already laid out for them. Lol. Blows my mind.
EngIceDave
5/15/2021 5:40am
There is no model for what this is, just like there is no model to mold surfing around.

Each is truly unique to a unique audience
Richy
5/15/2021 6:05am
I get both views above, I've got no interest in watching things outside of motorsport myself and I'm real selective even with that, but a lot of people are the same and that could let 'us' lag a little, not saying it is or does, but you could reasonably see it happening.

Bit of a tangent by this point as it's not strictly BB related. But looking at it (purely in the big leagues) compared to motorsports which could or should be vaguely similar business wise, it does make it apparent that moto is very private, super cliquey and at least for supercross there appears to be a lot of effort into keeping folks down instead of trying to raise them up, or even letting them raise themselves up.

It's understandable in a lot of instances, passionate people want to protect the sport they love and that's cool, but yeah I get that it's a business but some folks only seem to have eyes for the dollar, like some of the shit you hear about Feld as just some random not-an-insider.

Shit, there's some rambling there... sorry.
EngIceDave
5/15/2021 7:53am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2021 8:05am
Something that isn't that usual about these cliquey sports is that they seem to be usually run by children acting like adults or adults acting like children.

Think about moto for a second, who do you think are the adults in the room?

xrmark
5/15/2021 8:23am
Cooksey content...not to be taken seriously or legitimately. How is this guy still putting content out
5/17/2021 5:16pm
I for one would be extremely sad to see BB go. Watching him listlessly go backwards during the start of the race and waiting in anticipation for his balls to drop and then see him blow past everyone on the way back to the front.. Totally unforgettable. He was one of the few riders that have had that wild untouchable speed at times.
stangkag
5/17/2021 5:39pm
Joel Spoor wrote:
I for one would be extremely sad to see BB go. Watching him listlessly go backwards during the start of the race and waiting in anticipation...
I for one would be extremely sad to see BB go. Watching him listlessly go backwards during the start of the race and waiting in anticipation for his balls to drop and then see him blow past everyone on the way back to the front.. Totally unforgettable. He was one of the few riders that have had that wild untouchable speed at times.
I miss those late race charges back when he rode 250s and El Chupacabra would show up.

https://youtu.be/4PGgS4bn4Mc
davistld01
5/17/2021 7:32pm
davistld01 wrote:
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite...
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite sure a lot of sorry crap has gone on with teams & riders over the years that we’ll never know about…or at least the whole truth about.
GuyB wrote:
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports? I generally chuckle when people think issues between...
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle when people think issues between participants and teams and/or sponsors is exclusive to "Our sport..."
I guess I’m not sure why you’re confused. This is a Moto forum, is it not? So…yeah, I’m talking about “our sport” of dirt bike racing. If this was a surfing board…it would refer to surfing. If it were a biking forum…I’d be referring to that sport. Seems I was pretty plain, or was trying to be.

The general media usually has plenty to say about what goes on behind the scenes in more publicized sports like football, and…even the “ball ‘n stick” sports. There’s not much said…or not much revealed on what goes on between riders & teams in “our sport” of Supercross/Motocross. Wouldn’t you agree with that, boss?
Up Wind
5/17/2021 8:40pm
rider892 wrote:
Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...
That's makes me a little surprised. Forrest must be making so much money having a race team! Probably at least 10 million a year over what it costs him. Its not like he's spending money out of his own pocket to have his riders getting lapped. He should share that extra money with everyone.....Even some fans in the pits. Maybe even pass out 100 dollar bills in the autograph line. Whats wrong with that guy??
Up Wind
5/17/2021 8:47pm
MikeJones wrote:
Watch ESPN one time
GuyB wrote:
MikeJones wrote:
Exactly the point I made in my first post. We wonder how we can grow our sport or attract mainstream attention, yet most media outlets or...
Exactly the point I made in my first post. We wonder how we can grow our sport or attract mainstream attention, yet most media outlets or teams are too cool, or clueless, to follow the model that is already laid out for them. Lol. Blows my mind.
Ya! Your sport should be bigger than the NFL. Maybe you should start a new series and show us hows it's done. When will your event schedule come out?
EngIceDave
5/18/2021 4:30am
I was thinking....what's the one thing everyone bitches about and agrees about?

The secrecy within the sport

Who's to say it's not all resolved? Was no secret Blake was near retirement. No secret his wrist was jacked up. No secret he had surgery on it. Did he want to go through all the rehab for only one last season?

I have no idea.

But I also don't make assumptions about people and their business agreements.

Lawyers suck
Dutch348
5/18/2021 4:34am
When does his contract expire?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/18/2021 7:28am
Dutch348 wrote:
Was through the end of this year.
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2861st
5/18/2021 8:23am
rider892 wrote:
Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...
Blake also has a history of suing his former teams.
Johnny Ringo
5/18/2021 8:52am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2021 8:53am
Is anyone actually TRULY missing baggett out there? I have to be honest, didn’t notice he was gone in SX.

I guess like anyone he has fans, but as a casual observer I don’t know that his absence was noticed like someone like Eli would be
Bidirella
5/18/2021 9:17am
Is anyone actually TRULY missing baggett out there? I have to be honest, didn’t notice he was gone in SX. I guess like anyone he has...
Is anyone actually TRULY missing baggett out there? I have to be honest, didn’t notice he was gone in SX.

I guess like anyone he has fans, but as a casual observer I don’t know that his absence was noticed like someone like Eli would be
Supercross mayby not so much, but Outdoors definitely would got him missing.

If you follow and know the sport a bit, everybody would love to see some El Chupacabra action late in the moto’s right? A healthy Blake is always a dark horse or title contender for an Outdoor title.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
5/18/2021 9:39am
Dutch348 wrote:
He’s free to do what he wants.
davistld01
5/18/2021 9:44am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2021 9:45am
rider892 wrote:
DunnySeat wrote:
Blake also has a history of suing his former teams.
Really? Interesting. I've never heard that before...

Can you provide some examples?
Johnny Ringo
5/18/2021 9:50am
Is anyone actually TRULY missing baggett out there? I have to be honest, didn’t notice he was gone in SX. I guess like anyone he has...

Bidirella wrote:
Supercross mayby not so much, but Outdoors definitely would got him missing. If you follow and know the sport a bit, everybody would love to see...

If you follow and know the sport a bit, everybody would love to see some El Chupacabra action late in the moto’s right? A healthy Blake is always a dark horse or title contender for an Outdoor title.
Is he though? Is he really a title threat? 2017 was 4 years ago. 2012 even longer.
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2861st
5/18/2021 11:06am
davistld01 wrote:
Really? Interesting. I've never heard that before...

Can you provide some examples?
Sued PC in 2015.
5/18/2021 11:14am

Bidirella wrote:
Supercross mayby not so much, but Outdoors definitely would got him missing. If you follow and know the sport a bit, everybody would love to see...

Is he though? Is he really a title threat? 2017 was 4 years ago. 2012 even longer.
Exactly. I think everyone would welcome a classic El Chupacabra charge from the back but the reality is we haven’t seen it since like 2017
SilverSpurs
5/18/2021 3:02pm
DunnySeat wrote:
Sued PC in 2015.
Aaaand what eventuated?

Or are you imagining it?
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2861st
5/18/2021 3:08pm
DunnySeat wrote:
Sued PC in 2015.
Aaaand what eventuated?

Or are you imagining it?
Ask Mitch or Blake mate. I'm sure a public records search will show you it was settled out of court.
Kawboy14!
5/18/2021 3:16pm
EngIceDave wrote:
Everyone assumes sponsors (where the money comes from to pay for everything) lived up to their contracts.

Are you sure they did?
Was Baggett’s contract/pay out, based on whether the sponsors were fully paying?

Post a reply to: Have We Done This One About Blake Bagget?

The Latest