Have We Done This One About Blake Bagget?

captmoto
5/13/2021 4:16pm
This seems like it could be huge. Sounds like a momey issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr1GrOlNEmo
|
bigk218
Fantasy
3117th
5/13/2021 4:32pm
Well the cooksey vid on YouTube says around 900k. Either way that team should be ashamed for the the way they handled it. Their sponsors should also be pissed. We loose good teams like jgr yet....
twotwosix
5/13/2021 4:48pm
bigk218 wrote:
Well the cooksey vid on YouTube says around 900k. Either way that team should be ashamed for the the way they handled it. Their sponsors should...
Well the cooksey vid on YouTube says around 900k. Either way that team should be ashamed for the the way they handled it. Their sponsors should also be pissed. We loose good teams like jgr yet....
I'm on the rider's side, but at the same time 2020/Covid made lots of rider contracts questionable or void and from what I've heard BB was unwilling to budge.
rider892
5/13/2021 5:20pm
Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...

The Shop

cable
5/13/2021 7:55pm
the bad stuff never gets aired in moto. imagine if we went down the line of the top 20 riders of the last 20 years and asked if they got stiffed but didnt want to air it. shoot even chad reed may have not gotten paid with san manuel.
5/14/2021 1:06am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 1:07am
rider892 wrote:
Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...
If true that’s really shitty. As long as they have factory bikes they’ll probably always be able to sign some pretty high level riders.
Motofinne
5/14/2021 1:29am
rider892 wrote:
If true that’s really shitty. As long as they have factory bikes they’ll probably always be able to sign some pretty high level riders.
It sucks that nobody in the moto media has put this whole story on the table and gotten to the bottom of it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/14/2021 1:42am
Motofinne wrote:
It sucks that nobody in the moto media has put this whole story on the table and gotten to the bottom of it.
A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much about it once it's all settled either.
davistld01
5/14/2021 4:38am
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite sure a lot of sorry crap has gone on with teams & riders over the years that we’ll never know about…or at least the whole truth about.
EngIceDave
5/14/2021 4:39am
Everyone assumes sponsors (where the money comes from to pay for everything) lived up to their contracts.

Are you sure they did?
EngIceDave
5/14/2021 4:43am
The source of money in the sport is not all that great. It's not an ocean of sponsors, not even a lake or a pond

It's more like a pothole.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
5/14/2021 5:03am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 5:03am
Motofinne wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much about it once...
A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much about it once it's all settled either.
If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the parties involved, the basis for the dispute, and what each side is alleging.
mx317
5/14/2021 5:06am
Motofinne wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much about it once...
GrapeApe wrote:
If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the...
If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the parties involved, the basis for the dispute, and what each side is alleging.
Is that true on civil cases? Not debating, just asking because I don't know.
Dutch348
5/14/2021 5:12am
Why didn’t he just sign with a new team and race while all this legal bs from the past was getting sorted out?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
871st
5/14/2021 5:20am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 5:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the...
mx317 wrote:
Is that true on civil cases? Not debating, just asking because I don't know.
Yes, in general Florida has open public access to court records.

Florida Rules of Judicial Administration 2.420

APLMAN99
5/14/2021 5:41am
EngIceDave wrote:
The source of money in the sport is not all that great. It's not an ocean of sponsors, not even a lake or a pond It's...
The source of money in the sport is not all that great. It's not an ocean of sponsors, not even a lake or a pond

It's more like a pothole.
Unfortunately that seems completely accurate.....!
pkiczuk
5/14/2021 6:13am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 6:16am
Dutch348 wrote:
Why didn’t he just sign with a new team and race while all this legal bs from the past was getting sorted out?
That would require someone both A) having a spot open and B ) wanting to fill that spot with Bagget, unfortunately those two stars don't always align therefore its not that simple.
davis224
Fantasy
231st
5/14/2021 7:15am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 7:17am
Dutch348 wrote:
Technically he's still under contract, right? Then that would be breach of contract on his part, which may hurt his cause (I'm assuming) to have his original contract honored. Not an esquire. Plus, didn't he have a surgery to get something fixed once he realized he wouldn't be lining up as planned?
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2855th
5/14/2021 7:24am
"They twisted my words bench racing with a friend trying to figure out what happened to Blake Bagget"

Ummm, thats not bench racing....

Now I would like to know the story on BB, however I can't believe much of what Chris says, comes off as trying to save his ass/prove his innocence more then actually knowing what's going on.
5/14/2021 7:24am
Dutch348 wrote:
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done with the sport....and not worried about blacklisting himself with the industry.
LungButter
5/14/2021 7:32am
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done...
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done with the sport....and not worried about blacklisting himself with the industry.
Yet somehow that employer doesn't have any problem finding new employees even while being sued by an old one for not paying. This sport is amazing sometimes Laughing

Pretty disappointing all around, seems like there has been several fingers pointed at the Butler Bros team over the years about not fulfilling paychecks....where there's smoke there's fire.....
GuyB
Fantasy
1315th
5/14/2021 9:06am
davistld01 wrote:
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite...
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite sure a lot of sorry crap has gone on with teams & riders over the years that we’ll never know about…or at least the whole truth about.
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle when people think issues between participants and teams and/or sponsors is exclusive to "Our sport..."
stremme12
Fantasy
3622nd
5/14/2021 9:07am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 9:08am
cable wrote:
the bad stuff never gets aired in moto. imagine if we went down the line of the top 20 riders of the last 20 years and...
the bad stuff never gets aired in moto. imagine if we went down the line of the top 20 riders of the last 20 years and asked if they got stiffed but didnt want to air it. shoot even chad reed may have not gotten paid with san manuel.
There actually is some decent podcasts out there that have touched on riders getting screwed. It's usually not a 1 on 1 podcast about it but it has come up in various podcasts with riders. A lot of times it gets settled in court and then there is a NDA so that's why it cant be talked about.
5/14/2021 9:27am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2021 10:40am
davistld01 wrote:
Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite...
GuyB wrote:
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports? I generally chuckle when people think issues between...
Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle when people think issues between participants and teams and/or sponsors is exclusive to "Our sport..."
Yeah.

There have been major sports stadiums with botched 8 or 9 figure naming rights deals with companies as famously shady as Enron, Power Balance, and Adelphia.
byke
5/14/2021 10:08am
He wants to know why you can't talk about it? He must be new to moto.
captmoto
5/14/2021 3:46pm
Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done...
If you are an employer holding up your end of the contract you don't need to worry about getting sued.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
3970th
5/14/2021 6:34pm
Dutch348 wrote:
You have to be healthy and want to ride, before you can get another ride.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
5/14/2021 7:08pm
Dutch348 wrote:
Can't sign with another team when you're still legally under contract with the RM/ATV/MC KTM Team.
5/14/2021 7:36pm
This information is coming from the same guy who thinks ZO16 is a scumbag and two faced. Seriously he said it in one of his outdoor preview videos
tuttle425
5/14/2021 9:43pm
captmoto wrote:
If you are an employer holding up your end of the contract you don't need to worry about getting sued.
Employer: But I am upholding my end of the contract.
Rider: Okay, we'll let the courts decide.

In a perfect world both parties would agree on what's in a contract. In reality, that's why we have courts.

Post a reply to: Have We Done This One About Blake Bagget?

The Latest