Have We Done This One About Blake Bagget?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2021 4:16 PM

This seems like it could be huge. Sounds like a momey issue.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

5/13/2021 4:28 PM

captmoto wrote:

This seems like it could be huge. Sounds like a momey issue.

That's long been the rumor. When i first heard it was money issues, it was around $650k. I Imagine it'll come to light shortly.

|

5/13/2021 4:32 PM

Well the cooksey vid on YouTube says around 900k. Either way that team should be ashamed for the the way they handled it. Their sponsors should also be pissed. We loose good teams like jgr yet....

|

5/13/2021 4:48 PM

bigk218 wrote:

Well the cooksey vid on YouTube says around 900k. Either way that team should be ashamed for the the way they handled it. ...more

I'm on the rider's side, but at the same time 2020/Covid made lots of rider contracts questionable or void and from what I've heard BB was unwilling to budge.

|

5/13/2021 5:20 PM

Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...

|

5/13/2021 7:55 PM

the bad stuff never gets aired in moto. imagine if we went down the line of the top 20 riders of the last 20 years and asked if they got stiffed but didnt want to air it. shoot even chad reed may have not gotten paid with san manuel.

|

5/14/2021 1:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 1:07 AM

rider892 wrote:

Team owner Forrest cheaps out on paying riders, truck drivers and some mechanics. It’s known throughout the industry...

If true that’s really shitty. As long as they have factory bikes they’ll probably always be able to sign some pretty high level riders.

|

5/14/2021 1:29 AM

rider892 wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

If true that’s really shitty. As long as they have factory bikes they’ll probably always be able to sign some pretty high ...more

It sucks that nobody in the moto media has put this whole story on the table and gotten to the bottom of it.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

5/14/2021 1:42 AM

Motofinne wrote:

It sucks that nobody in the moto media has put this whole story on the table and gotten to the bottom of it.

A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much about it once it's all settled either.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/14/2021 4:38 AM

Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m quite sure a lot of sorry crap has gone on with teams & riders over the years that we’ll never know about…or at least the whole truth about.

|

5/14/2021 4:39 AM

Everyone assumes sponsors (where the money comes from to pay for everything) lived up to their contracts.

Are you sure they did?

|

Make sure you downvote!

5/14/2021 4:43 AM

The source of money in the sport is not all that great. It's not an ocean of sponsors, not even a lake or a pond

It's more like a pothole.

|

Make sure you downvote!

5/14/2021 5:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 5:03 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

If true that’s really shitty. As long as they have factory bikes they’ll probably always be able to sign some pretty high ...more

Motofinne wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much ...more

If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the parties involved, the basis for the dispute, and what each side is alleging.

|

5/14/2021 5:06 AM

Motofinne wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

A bit difficult to get any info when lawyers are involved. Both parties can't open up about the case. Probably won't hear much ...more

GrapeApe wrote:

If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the ...more

Is that true on civil cases? Not debating, just asking because I don't know.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

5/14/2021 5:12 AM

Why didn’t he just sign with a new team and race while all this legal bs from the past was getting sorted out?

|

5/14/2021 5:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 5:20 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

If there is a lawsuit the pleadings are public record. It would only take a very small amount of work to at least find out the ...more

mx317 wrote:

Is that true on civil cases? Not debating, just asking because I don't know.

Yes, in general Florida has open public access to court records.

Florida Rules of Judicial Administration 2.420

|

5/14/2021 5:41 AM

EngIceDave wrote:

The source of money in the sport is not all that great. It's not an ocean of sponsors, not even a lake or a pond

It's more ...more

Unfortunately that seems completely accurate.....!

|

5/14/2021 6:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 6:16 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

Why didn’t he just sign with a new team and race while all this legal bs from the past was getting sorted out?

That would require someone both A) having a spot open and B ) wanting to fill that spot with Bagget, unfortunately those two stars don't always align therefore its not that simple.

|

5/14/2021 7:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 7:17 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

Technically he's still under contract, right? Then that would be breach of contract on his part, which may hurt his cause (I'm assuming) to have his original contract honored. Not an esquire. Plus, didn't he have a surgery to get something fixed once he realized he wouldn't be lining up as planned?

|

5/14/2021 7:24 AM

"They twisted my words bench racing with a friend trying to figure out what happened to Blake Bagget"

Ummm, thats not bench racing....

Now I would like to know the story on BB, however I can't believe much of what Chris says, comes off as trying to save his ass/prove his innocence more then actually knowing what's going on.

|

5/14/2021 7:24 AM

Dutch348 wrote:

Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake knows he's done with the sport....and not worried about blacklisting himself with the industry.

|

5/14/2021 7:32 AM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake ...more

Yet somehow that employer doesn't have any problem finding new employees even while being sued by an old one for not paying. This sport is amazing sometimes laughing

Pretty disappointing all around, seems like there has been several fingers pointed at the Butler Bros team over the years about not fulfilling paychecks....where there's smoke there's fire.....

|

5/14/2021 9:06 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m ...more

Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle when people think issues between participants and teams and/or sponsors is exclusive to "Our sport..."

|

5/14/2021 9:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 9:08 AM

cable wrote:

the bad stuff never gets aired in moto. imagine if we went down the line of the top 20 riders of the last 20 years and asked ...more

There actually is some decent podcasts out there that have touched on riders getting screwed. It's usually not a 1 on 1 podcast about it but it has come up in various podcasts with riders. A lot of times it gets settled in court and then there is a NDA so that's why it cant be talked about.

|

5/14/2021 9:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2021 10:40 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Our sport has always been so tiny, so niche, and it closes ranks so quickly that a lot of the truth is never exposed. I’m ...more

GuyB wrote:

Our sport. Are you talking pro surfing? Mountain biking? Auto racing? One of the ball 'n stick sports?

I generally chuckle ...more

Yeah.

There have been major sports stadiums with botched 8 or 9 figure naming rights deals with companies as famously shady as Enron, Power Balance, and Adelphia.

|

5/14/2021 10:08 AM

He wants to know why you can't talk about it? He must be new to moto.

|

5/14/2021 3:46 PM

dirtworldmx wrote:

Good luck finding a job while suing your previous employer...or having sued one in the past. It leads me to believe that Blake ...more

If you are an employer holding up your end of the contract you don't need to worry about getting sued.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

5/14/2021 6:34 PM

Dutch348 wrote:

You have to be healthy and want to ride, before you can get another ride.

|

5/14/2021 7:08 PM

Dutch348 wrote:

Can't sign with another team when you're still legally under contract with the RM/ATV/MC KTM Team.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/14/2021 7:36 PM

This information is coming from the same guy who thinks ZO16 is a scumbag and two faced. Seriously he said it in one of his outdoor preview videos

|