Has there really been no topic on the jmart/ferrandis crash?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2020 9:31 PM

Title is self explanatory, what're your thoughts? Did they have words at the podium after the second race?

|

9/7/2020 9:36 PM

Thoughts were that it was hard to pass. The door was open for a second. Ferrandis took the chance. Didn’t work out how he wanted. Still benefited him greatly because he had the speed to move through the pack after and JMart didn’t.

|

9/7/2020 9:37 PM

|

Powerband in every gear !

9/7/2020 9:40 PM

Great question, and I thought that what happened earlier in the race had a huge impact on Jmart's day-when the #6 battled briefly with Jett, and Jett didn't let him by, he crashed with Ferrandis shortly after this. Jmart clearly had a better pace and I thought Jett should have let him through-if he had he wouldn't have tangled with Ferrandis and would have widened his points gap-Jmart had to be pissed with this.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

9/7/2020 10:01 PM

Funny you mention it was beneficial to ferrandis, he always benefits from kamikaze passes on the geico riders.

Great point! Being an Australian and a jmart fan boy, I can't make my mind up on jett slowing jmart down. Still pumped jett landed on the podium though!

|

9/7/2020 10:08 PM

Racing incident

|

9/7/2020 10:09 PM

I would not say it was dirty, it was another bad decision made by Ferrandis. Glad on one got hurt.

|

9/7/2020 10:12 PM

It's nothing more than a racing incident, sometimes shit just happens.

|

9/7/2020 10:18 PM

Mit12 wrote:

I would not say it was dirty, it was another bad decision made by Ferrandis. Glad on one got hurt.

I agree, just bad decision making

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

9/7/2020 10:20 PM

Not dirty at all what so ever. J Mart (who I really like) has his panties in a wad over nothing. Track was hard to pass on and there was an opening for a moment. Dylan tried it and it didn't pan out. Pure racing incident by the most common definition. And I think Dylan tends to whine about other riders which bothers me about him (I know for a fact he whined about an incident last year as I heard it straight from the rider who he was whining about).

That moto, Dylan was charging, JMart wasn't. Shit happens. JMart needs to get over it.

|

9/7/2020 10:51 PM

Obviously it would’ve been great for Jeremy had Jett moved over, but it’s too early in the season for team orders and Jett deserved that podium.

|

9/7/2020 10:57 PM

great ride ferrandis ....f#@k you make this mx soo fun to watch...awsome

|

9/7/2020 11:31 PM

Anaheim re-erupted in boos.

|

9/7/2020 11:44 PM

Are you guys realy serious?
When you catch a slower rider and he starts blocking you, you move him out of the way one way or the other, it has always been so.

This starts to resemble every other thing nowadays where ppl screams unjustice everytime someone else is better at something.

I mean have you ever raced competive?
You cant stay behind a slower rider to be nice then you got nothing there to do end of story

|

9/7/2020 11:52 PM

They barely touched. Like someone said in the race thread that stuff happens multiple times every race with nothing happening. Most of the people on here have probably been in the same situation and rode it out. Had it been anyone else than Ferrandis or had it been the other way around this would be a non issue.

|

9/7/2020 11:55 PM

Looked like Ferrandis was trying to sneak through a small gap, got a bit out of shape and clipped Jmart, taking them both down.

Not intentional. No biggie, Nobody got hurt. Things like this happen when you're racing.

|

9/7/2020 11:59 PM

Why should Jett let JMart past? Is it a race? Or is it let JMart by and don’t race him because he has the points lead? People upset because Jett raced JMart can pissoff you pussies.

|

9/8/2020 12:08 AM

Not a dirty move but not a very smart move either. No room on Jmarts left side not sure what he was thinking trying to make a pass there as Jmart clearly had him beat to the corner.

|

9/8/2020 12:28 AM

Who thinks Ferrandis was faster than JMart?

Who thinks Ferrandis could have passed him much more cleanly later in the moto?

Who thinks Ferrandis made another questionable timing call?

Who thinks the 450 guys will be not be as soft as some of you on here?

Exactly.

|

9/8/2020 12:32 AM

Batesy10000 wrote:

Why should Jett let JMart past? Is it a race? Or is it let JMart by and don’t race him because he has the points lead? People upset because Jett raced JMart can pissoff you pussies.

Don't think anyone is upset by it, more surprised he didn't more or less roll over for jmart.

|

9/8/2020 12:34 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Exactly.

how's it soft to talk about whether a pass resulting in both riders crashing was a smart decision or not?

|

9/8/2020 12:56 AM

bents wrote:

Great question, and I thought that what happened earlier in the race had a huge impact on Jmart's day-when the #6 battled briefly with Jett, and Jett didn't let him by, he crashed with Ferrandis shortly after this. Jmart clearly had a better pace and I thought Jett should have let him through-if he had he wouldn't have tangled with Ferrandis and would have widened his points gap-Jmart had to be pissed with this.

Are you seriously suggesting Lawrence should 'move over'?

He is fighting for position and championship points too.

|

9/8/2020 1:42 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Exactly.

Lol
The move that Barcia made on Marvin. That was really dirty. I guess the 450 guys were soft there. Same as last week with AC.
Actually they're not soft. They just see racing as it is and don't cry about every single chicken shit. Nothing against Martin by the way. The moment he watches the replay he probably realizes that he's got at least half of the blame pie on this one

|

9/8/2020 3:38 AM

Haha this place is hilarious Barcia crossing the entire track to stop someone faster than him passing him? Completely fine! Great racing!
Ferrandis making an ambitious move up the inside and having the line shut down and making contact? What a douche

Coming from an unashamed Martin brother fanboy I was very surprised he was still upset about it after the second moto

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

9/8/2020 3:55 AM

Hey DV, teach your boy how to start.

|

9/8/2020 4:01 AM

IMO Dylan is just reckless and benefits from it so far. His solo crash was ugly and more often than not results in injury or tweaked bike. He was able to recover and salvage big points. His move on Martin was forced and it cost them both however DF recovered and again saved points. The boy is resilient. And fast.

|

9/8/2020 4:02 AM

I think what a lot of people are saying is that if you look at each incident with DF individually in a vaccum, most of them are just “racing incidents” but at what point do we acknowledge that these “racing incidents” are beginning be become a habit for him?

|

Washed up Canadian ex-pro couch racer. Selling bikes for a living

2008 KTM 525XC
2009 KTM 450SX
2016 YFZ450R

9/8/2020 4:04 AM

bh84 wrote:

I think what a lot of people are saying is that if you look at each incident with DF individually in a vaccum, most of them are just “racing incidents” but at what point do we acknowledge that these “racing incidents” are beginning be become a habit for him?

When it costs him a championship.

|

9/8/2020 4:11 AM

"Haha this place is hilarious Barcia crossing the entire track to stop someone faster than him passing him? Completely fine! Great racing!
Ferrandis making an ambitious move up the inside and having the line shut down and making contact? What a douche
"

Very well outlined.

|

9/8/2020 4:14 AM

DF14 is going for it and the racing is outstanding. What more can you ask for?

|