Has the Webb train derailed?

NorCal 50+
1/15/2018 12:06pm
Park Boys wrote:
That boat of a bike has won a world title, swept the MxDN in 15 including a 1-2 in one of the motos also won nationals...
That boat of a bike has won a world title, swept the MxDN in 15 including a 1-2 in one of the motos also won nationals in 15 and more GPs in 16 and that was the older "bigger bike". The best rides of Webbs 450 career were on the bigger 450 in 15 as a part time 250 rider. The post 2014 Yamahas are fine, everyone still blames the bike cause of how shitty it was in 10 thru 13. If the exuse is out there the riders are gonna take it because it's never there fault. It's always something else. Webb is underperforming for the lofty expections placed on him by some. I personally have never thought of Webb on a Roczen/Tomac/Dungey level of talent as so many others have and he is way behind now.
This bike must not love Supercross- no wins on YZF450 since James Stewart in 2012!
1/15/2018 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 12:26pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
Wow... this is just like watching people discuss politics, I guess. Webb was faster than Stewart 15 to 6 of the timed 21 laps they raced...
Wow... this is just like watching people discuss politics, I guess.

Webb was faster than Stewart 15 to 6 of the timed 21 laps they raced together, broken clutch and all, if his Instagram comment is true.

If they would've start together Webb looks like he would've been 14-15 seconds ahead of Stewart and right in line with the other top 10 racers with contract rides with established teams, but Webb gets taken out on the start, moves from 22nd to 12th, gets a fastest lap 1.1 seconds faster than Malcolm, who started and 11th and finishes 11th... and Webb is a POS racer now and Malcolm deserve someone's ride? Like I said, wow...

Webb has a full team built around him and he is getting paid championship contender dough, not maybe if things went better coulda beat the guy without a ride dough.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
1/15/2018 12:41pm
WHO IS WEBB "HUMBLING"? HIMSELF AFTER THAT COMMENT?

The Shop

Gus
1/15/2018 1:00pm
nrosso391 wrote:
WHO IS WEBB "HUMBLING"? HIMSELF AFTER THAT COMMENT?
That’s what I like about Webb, he’s like yeh, doesn’t look good...
bvm111
1/15/2018 1:15pm
Was it ever on the tracks?
Motofinne
1/15/2018 1:35pm
VOODOO27 wrote:
Wow... this is just like watching people discuss politics, I guess. Webb was faster than Stewart 15 to 6 of the timed 21 laps they raced...

Webb was faster than Stewart 15 to 6 of the timed 21 laps they raced together, broken clutch and all, if his Instagram comment is true.

If they would've start together Webb looks like he would've been 14-15 seconds ahead of Stewart and right in line with the other top 10 racers with contract rides with established teams, but Webb gets taken out on the start, moves from 22nd to 12th, gets a fastest lap 1.1 seconds faster than Malcolm, who started and 11th and finishes 11th... and Webb is a POS racer now and Malcolm deserve someone's ride? Like I said, wow...

Dude. You are comparing a guy that is paid to win, a guy that is paid millions by Yamaha to be a title contender to Malcolm Stewart who is a fill in guy with a few hours on the bike before the race.

Donovan759
1/15/2018 1:43pm
VOODOO27 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
Dude. You are comparing a guy that is paid to win, a guy that is paid millions by Yamaha to be a title contender to Malcolm...
Dude. You are comparing a guy that is paid to win, a guy that is paid millions by Yamaha to be a title contender to Malcolm Stewart who is a fill in guy with a few hours on the bike before the race.

^ I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this...
TeamGreen
1/15/2018 1:48pm
The bike? Really? How'd Webb do on it at the MXoN?
Oh, and about the bike being the problem...
Tell that to Barcia.
Tell that to Goerke who's made it work WITH STOCK KYB BASED FACTORY CONNECTION SUSPENSION while winning titles and making money in Canada on it.
Tell that to Star racing.
Tell that to Hoeft: he LOVES his YZF. He just made is way from being ON THE GROUND outside the hay-bales in the 1st turn to 14th in the Main at Houston...with a broken-off rear master-cylinder.

So, can we please STFU about the bike?
PJ205
1/15/2018 2:44pm
51xc wrote:
he crashed, broke his clutch leaver and still came 12th. that's not to bad in my books.
I didn't know about the broken clutch lever. Definitely impressive! Hopefully he improves soon because he doesn't seem to have been able to show his true talent yet. He'll get there soon, I'm sure.
BikerScars
1/15/2018 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2018 6:40pm
51xc wrote:
he crashed, broke his clutch leaver and still came 12th. that's not to bad in my books.
Question wrote:
Exactly. On the paper it is not great but he rode much better than at A1. I don't see him winning but he will get in...
Exactly. On the paper it is not great but he rode much better than at A1. I don't see him winning but he will get in the mix around the top 5-7 soon.
+1

He made the best of a bad day and did it well. I think on the first lap he was behind the leader (after the crash) something like 40 seconds. He climbed up to 12 (and with a broken clutch) is no small endeavor.

Obviously not the ideal race day, but its a long season.
Crush
1/15/2018 6:43pm
Park Boys wrote:
That boat of a bike has won a world title, swept the MxDN in 15 including a 1-2 in one of the motos also won nationals...
That boat of a bike has won a world title, swept the MxDN in 15 including a 1-2 in one of the motos also won nationals in 15 and more GPs in 16 and that was the older "bigger bike". The best rides of Webbs 450 career were on the bigger 450 in 15 as a part time 250 rider. The post 2014 Yamahas are fine, everyone still blames the bike cause of how shitty it was in 10 thru 13. If the exuse is out there the riders are gonna take it because it's never there fault. It's always something else. Webb is underperforming for the lofty expections placed on him by some. I personally have never thought of Webb on a Roczen/Tomac/Dungey level of talent as so many others have and he is way behind now.
Ironically though, SX wise, that bike's best results came as the first generation with James... It's not done a lot since. A few podiums basically.
Superdave19
1/15/2018 8:50pm
At this point, Cooper has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Some of these kids either rise to the occasion, or dwendle in uncertainty..

Not sure where he lies yet, but I’d like to believe we’ll see quite a few brilliant rides from this young man very soon.
Rockinar
1/16/2018 1:38am
Im not a Cooper fan at all. I think hes an arrogant tick turd. But the dude did crash on to the concrete, was in dead last then worked his way up to 12th. He gets a mulligan. Give him a couple honest chances then judge. If Mookie gets a ride extension and beats him, yeah thats not good.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
1/16/2018 4:58am
Park Boys wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
This bike must not love Supercross- no wins on YZF450 since James Stewart in 2012!
Since James the only guy they have had capable of winning was Barcia and he kept getting hurt every year going into SX. KTM can do no wrong it seems and one guy did all of their winning in 15 and 16. The Honda was all new last year and is great bike and without Ken it won nothing. Judging a brand because of one or two riders is dumb. You would have thought 125s were better than 250fs from 02 to 04 if you just used race results. It's more about the rider than the bike. These pros today are watching to much pavement racing and are grabbing excuses from them. That's what makes SX/MX so great is once your at the top level it's the only Motorsport where you are more important than the machine you are on and not the other way around.

Post a reply to: Has the Webb train derailed?

The Latest