Has outdoors always been this boring?

jeffro503
6/4/2022 6:46pm
aees wrote:
I can't remember it being this boring?! 3-6sec gaps between pretty much all top 10 riders within first say 10min. Sleeping pill. Lucky if they candy...
I can't remember it being this boring?! 3-6sec gaps between pretty much all top 10 riders within first say 10min.

Sleeping pill. Lucky if they candy find one battle to follow.
I thought all 4 Motos we're great. Not sure what you were expecting? There were battles for the lead in all 4 Motos right down to the checkered flag. What the hell were you watching?
6/4/2022 7:01pm
It's topics like this that has me questioning how many people on here have ever raced a single moto. This season is starting off great. These guys want it bad. How can anyone not see that???
AH387
6/4/2022 7:14pm
I love the Nationals. To me its just much more exciting than SX. I thought the racing has been good so far.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
6/4/2022 7:37pm
Beginning of first 450 moto was a little boring but the rest was good. Not sure what OP was watching??

The Shop

plowboy
6/4/2022 8:23pm
Attending the nationals in person is a COMPLETELY difference experience than a broadcast. You can actually see how steep the hills are, how deep the ruts get (and constantly change every lap), feel the thud of bikes coming up short, hear the panic revs, smell the exhausts (and damn good food cooking). There simply isn't time to be board with the sensory overload that is the NATIONALS. Get some fellas.Woohoo
PFitzG38
6/4/2022 8:40pm
aees wrote:
I can't remember it being this boring?! 3-6sec gaps between pretty much all top 10 riders within first say 10min. Sleeping pill. Lucky if they candy...
I can't remember it being this boring?! 3-6sec gaps between pretty much all top 10 riders within first say 10min.

Motocross is not for everybody. Sounds like you need to find a more exciting sport to be a fan of
bents
Fantasy
909th
6/4/2022 8:42pm
aees wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
I thought all 4 Motos we're great. Not sure what you were expecting? There were battles for the lead in all 4 Motos right down to...
I thought all 4 Motos we're great. Not sure what you were expecting? There were battles for the lead in all 4 Motos right down to the checkered flag. What the hell were you watching?
This. Jeffro has it right.
6/4/2022 9:24pm
To feed your short attention span by scrolling your phone and looking up at the race every so often.
Boggins
6/4/2022 10:19pm
You complainers must be watching diff races....these Nat's and the racing are fantastic!
bichwolf
6/5/2022 3:15am
The pace on that track was incredible. How fast were those guys? We didn't even see Barcia on the Mavtv broadcast?! Every corner seemed like an all time best bar dragging jaw dropping shred session.
aees
6/5/2022 5:44am
Second 450 was very good. Think tracks has something to do with it, they don't like pushing ones they get passed and there is little effort to fight back. Missing the 1-2 laps battle that follows. Top 5 is 40sec off.

Having AC, Webb and Ferrandis out, Osborne gone, Musquin gone maybe makes it difficult to ask for more/better racing.

Oh, and i do my 120 hours of practice and 20+ races per year on a pretty decent level 😉 I also get the SX package, have MXGP package, MAV+ AMA, follow UK nationals and MXGP pre-races.
Shapi
6/5/2022 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 1:38pm
Reality is a lot of racing is like this, not just moto. How many F1 races come down to some under cut pit strategy or any car or track racing that only has action on a re-start, the rest is pretty boring/uneventful unless its NASCAR short track, even then though. I DO agree though that the producers can do a better job to find the battles back in the pack. Let's face it, most that follow the sport have a lot of interest in the local guy(s) they see at local tracks and would love to see them and their battles as much as the top guys. Ex. yesterday 2nd 450 moto, Brandon Ray 388 (B-Ray) is a local nor-cal kid that was in the top 20, crashed all the way back to last and fought back to 25th/26(?) That would have been cool to follow. Just my $.02
6/5/2022 1:40pm
aees wrote:

were you around during RCs reign of terror?
aees
6/6/2022 3:18am
Just watch MXGP all races this weekend and compare. Another level of entertainment even without Herlings and Febvre. Commentators i think play a role together with what they show on screen.

But again, on another level.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
6/6/2022 3:39am
I think the racing has been as good as any season after 2 rounds. The 450’s have been great.

I will say, with the Mav broadcast issues, I’ve chosen to spend less time watching the race live. I’ll catch a race when I can, but im not going to set aside my Saturdays for this series anymore.
6/6/2022 3:53am
crowe660 wrote:
I think the racing has been as good as any season after 2 rounds. The 450’s have been great. I will say, with the Mav broadcast...
I think the racing has been as good as any season after 2 rounds. The 450’s have been great.

I will say, with the Mav broadcast issues, I’ve chosen to spend less time watching the race live. I’ll catch a race when I can, but im not going to set aside my Saturdays for this series anymore.
This.
And this is why SX will always pull in the viewers and the dollars.

It’s also why outdoors should be worried about the World SX series… if we have SX to watch all Autumn, Winter and spring, we then all go outside to play ourselves in summer.
Richy
6/6/2022 3:58am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2022 3:59am
Quite fortunate in the UK that most AMA nationals fall in the evening, California rounds especially, doing whatever then catching 250 Moto 1 at 9pm is pretty sweet.
DoctorJD
6/6/2022 4:09am
I guess trolling will never go out of style, will it? *sigh*
6/6/2022 4:16am
crowe660 wrote:
I think the racing has been as good as any season after 2 rounds. The 450’s have been great. I will say, with the Mav broadcast...

This. And this is why SX will always pull in the viewers and the dollars. It’s also why outdoors should be worried about the World SX...
This.
And this is why SX will always pull in the viewers and the dollars.

It’s also why outdoors should be worried about the World SX series… if we have SX to watch all Autumn, Winter and spring, we then all go outside to play ourselves in summer.
I'm not saying it's the same everywhere, but in my experience you're spot on. Everyone I talk to at the track is sick of dealing with the ever changing rotation of streaming services. Most aren't watching the races for days later on YT nevermind paying for an actual subscription.
tek14
6/6/2022 4:54am
Cant remember if anyone got 3-digit down votes before? OP is winning.
aees
6/6/2022 5:04am
tek14 wrote:
Clearly an emotional topic 😄
For me it seems that people lack perspective on what is good racing and good product. It is out there.

Only two rounds in, so can improve but field also has a tendency to thin out and hurt racing even further.
motoxrocks
6/6/2022 6:00am
Four 450 motos down with 3 different winners and close racing up front. Think thats pretty good!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/6/2022 6:33am
tek14 wrote:
I've seen it in the 200's. Grinning
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
6/6/2022 7:57am
Races were great! The last lap battles were awesome.

To watch such different styles yet so freaking fast was a thing of beauty (Sexton vs Anderson first moto) then (Sexton vs Tomac) just watching them ride does it for me and for the 250s Shimoda´s run was good to see!! and damn Jett is just that good it really is.

I love the outdoors!!! I hope one day I can go to watch one live.
TeamGreen
6/6/2022 8:12am
In a total contradiction to the OP...

I was stuck traveling during race day: Live Timing was my "go to" since I couldn't get good enough signal to sustain video...saw Jason make a 2.09:5 on lap 11 with 4.38 to go in the 1st moto...and that's the last I saw as I lost signal climbing out of Far NorCal...he had been closing in on Chase...damn! This was a damn good race...

By the time I'd landed, I go look up the results for 450 M1 and reviewed the lap charts...just the damn lap charts told me I'd missed one helluva moto!

When I finally got to watch the motos? Yup! We're in a for a good "outdoor" year!

On Monday, see some dude's new thread from his Mom's old computer as he logs in from the basement...

"Has outdoors always been this boring?"

Grinning
6/6/2022 8:18am
plowboy wrote:
Attending the nationals in person is a COMPLETELY difference experience than a broadcast. You can actually see how steep the hills are, how deep the ruts...
Attending the nationals in person is a COMPLETELY difference experience than a broadcast. You can actually see how steep the hills are, how deep the ruts get (and constantly change every lap), feel the thud of bikes coming up short, hear the panic revs, smell the exhausts (and damn good food cooking). There simply isn't time to be board with the sensory overload that is the NATIONALS. Get some fellas.Woohoo
I agree being at a race is so much better. In the espn days the race was the next week. It almost seemed like a different race. Tv focuses on certain riders . Impossible to capture the whole event on tv. I watched the 1988 125 Millville race lastnight. Larocco in his 1st race led a lot of the 2nd moto. History always talked about Bradshaw he went 5-4 . My 1st race in 91 the top 15 ran close together , tv didn’t pick that up . They showed a battle for 2nd or 5th.

Post a reply to: Has outdoors always been this boring?

The Latest