Has anyone else had problems getting gift cards from their Magazine subscribtions?

I subscribed to Motocross action and Dirt Bike back at the end of October to take advantage of the Rocky Mountain gift cards and I still haven’t gotten them. Michelle at Hi-torque won’t answer my emails and Rocky Mountain says that since I got the offer in the past it’s not paying. No where in the Magazines ads does it say that this was a one time offer. It’s either false advertising or Rocky Mountain isn’t living up their end of the bargain. Maybe I should talk to Baggett? Anyone else had issues?
|
Redrcr34
2/16/2021 7:22pm
Do they send the cards in the mail like in the past. I did the same thing a couple years ago and forgot to use the cards and they expired. I did the subscription to RacerX back in November and was wondering the same thing. I found in my trash email folder the email for the ecard that was sent to me in December. I used it towards some pro taper barslast week. The card was due to expire in March. You might want to check and make sure that an email link of the card wasn’t sent.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
2/16/2021 9:42pm
I have never had a problem getting them, they do mail them and if I remember it didnt take to awful long for them to show up. I hope you get your cards.
DM268
2/16/2021 10:44pm
I subscribed to MXA as well and it did take awhile (couple months if I remember correctly) for me to get the $25 gift card. The gift card was automatically applied to my rocky mountain account. Not sure how they found the proper account, but they did.
Vet57
2/17/2021 4:08am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2021 4:09am
MXA stiffed me twice...even after finally getting an email response regarding said situation. No more subs just outa principle.

The Shop

walent215
2/17/2021 4:15am
Never received mine either. Been a couple years and I emailed multiple times to possibly the same Michelle.
I gave up. It’s unreal as they advertised that promotion really hard so I figured I would sign up for 3 years for both subscriptions . Oh well. When places operate like this I just figure they really don’t care so I will most likely not renew when the time comes. I believe when I signed up it was for 2 $25 gift cards and I figured it was a no brainer you know. Live and learn.
shue415
2/17/2021 4:26am
DM268 wrote:
I subscribed to MXA as well and it did take awhile (couple months if I remember correctly) for me to get the $25 gift card. The...
I subscribed to MXA as well and it did take awhile (couple months if I remember correctly) for me to get the $25 gift card. The gift card was automatically applied to my rocky mountain account. Not sure how they found the proper account, but they did.
I got mine the same way
Automatically added to my RM cash
I think they use your email that you provided when you subscribed
Munson'd
Fantasy
1083rd
2/17/2021 5:13am
I subscribed to Dirt Bike in the middle of December and got my Rma gift card like a month later. It was just an email with a code.
2/17/2021 5:21am
Redrcr34 wrote:
Do they send the cards in the mail like in the past. I did the same thing a couple years ago and forgot to use the...
Do they send the cards in the mail like in the past. I did the same thing a couple years ago and forgot to use the cards and they expired. I did the subscription to RacerX back in November and was wondering the same thing. I found in my trash email folder the email for the ecard that was sent to me in December. I used it towards some pro taper barslast week. The card was due to expire in March. You might want to check and make sure that an email link of the card wasn’t sent.
They want current email address and are supposed to apply it directly to Rocky Mountain cash.
2/17/2021 5:23am
walent215 wrote:
Never received mine either. Been a couple years and I emailed multiple times to possibly the same Michelle. I gave up. It’s unreal as they advertised...
Never received mine either. Been a couple years and I emailed multiple times to possibly the same Michelle.
I gave up. It’s unreal as they advertised that promotion really hard so I figured I would sign up for 3 years for both subscriptions . Oh well. When places operate like this I just figure they really don’t care so I will most likely not renew when the time comes. I believe when I signed up it was for 2 $25 gift cards and I figured it was a no brainer you know. Live and learn.
It’s false advertising. They should not be allowed to get away with this! It’s wrong plain and simple!
jpfiester82
Fantasy
30th
2/17/2021 5:24am
I received mine and like a couple others said it took a couple months. Just used them yesterday for lenses and tear offs.
walent215
2/17/2021 6:03am
walent215 wrote:
Never received mine either. Been a couple years and I emailed multiple times to possibly the same Michelle. I gave up. It’s unreal as they advertised...
It’s false advertising. They should not be allowed to get away with this! It’s wrong plain and simple!
Ya it is pretty ridiculous
It’s what prompted me to subscribe
Even the fact they were chaparral gift cards didn’t sway me even though I never shop there... lol
2/17/2021 8:05am
I received mine and like a couple others said it took a couple months. Just used them yesterday for lenses and tear offs.
10/29/2020 was my subscription date. Like I said I called Rocky Mountain and was told because I took advantage of this offer in the past that it was a one time offer. Hi-Torques advertisement does not say this and Hi-Torque has stopped replying to my emails. At no time have I been disrespectful. I won’t be dealing with Rocky Mountain anymore and I will not renew to these Magazines either. I like the Magazines and I try to support our sport, but when Companies are dishonest they only hurt themselves in the long run.
MudPup545
2/18/2021 7:59am
Been a subscriber to MXA for almost 40 years. Sent them an email (to Michelle) in regards to a missing issue. Never got a response and that was months ago. On topic, never had an issue with the gift cards.

Apparently Michelle needs to open her email?
WFO
2/18/2021 8:06am
My cards were applied to my RMATV account. Made it pretty simple.
ktm300xcw2018
Fantasy
485th
2/18/2021 9:33am
I have subscribed 3 times to get the gift cards. 2 Rocky Mountain and 1 Chapparral. The first time I got cards in the mail. Next 2 times I got email codes.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
2/18/2021 10:23am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2021 10:28am
Mine were as stated above applied to my RM account, It took about six weeks to show up.
I used them already. No problems here.
ShawdowGlen
2/18/2021 10:30am
I subscribed to Motocross action and Dirt Bike back at the end of October to take advantage of the Rocky Mountain gift cards and I still...
I subscribed to Motocross action and Dirt Bike back at the end of October to take advantage of the Rocky Mountain gift cards and I still haven’t gotten them. Michelle at Hi-torque won’t answer my emails and Rocky Mountain says that since I got the offer in the past it’s not paying. No where in the Magazines ads does it say that this was a one time offer. It’s either false advertising or Rocky Mountain isn’t living up their end of the bargain. Maybe I should talk to Baggett? Anyone else had issues?
I had no trouble last year when I upped my Motocross Action sub...

This year, I did the two-fer offer....both Dirt Bike and MXA.... My gift card was automatically deposited to my RMV account. ZERO issues at all.

As for Michelle at Hi-Torque....she is terrific. My Feb MXA arrived (well half of the cover did anyway) in a nice post office baggy saying "we're sorry your mail was damaged".

I emailed Michelle and politely asked for a replacement issue explaining what happened. She replied within a few days and I had a new issue within a week. She's A+ in my book.

toomanykaws
2/18/2021 3:21pm
Renewed last fall still never got the RMATV on account or in mail or email. Emailed Michelle never heard back. Guess some companies don’t care and don’t need customers?
Kenny Lingus
2/18/2021 3:58pm
I got a subscription of both mags for me and one sent as a gift. Emailed Michelle couple times about how to get the gift cards to the person getting the gift because, it was supposed to be eCards sent to the email used to purchase, mine. Long story short, got 2-$25 cards in mail and $50 added to my RMATV account (but had to call to get it straightened out). Funny thing is, all the mags come to the correct address but wrong name.
Fast-Willy
2/18/2021 4:02pm
Subscribed to both magazines Nov 1st & never received mine either 😕
2/19/2021 12:52am
Ok Guys Michelle got back to me finally. Right now it seems they messed up my email address. Added a letter that’s not supposed to be there, so hopefully we get this figured out. When I contacted Rocky Mountain they had told me I used this offer once and it was a one time deal, but they had a very young guy working that I don’t think he knew much, so we shall see. Hopefully they will straighten this out for me!

Post a reply to: Has anyone else had problems getting gift cards from their Magazine subscribtions?

The Latest