Has anyone converted an enclosed trailer into mini toy hauler?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/4/2018 10:01 PM

Looking at getting a 6x12 enclosed and I'm considering doing a conversion to mini toy hauler. Do any of you have experience with this? Looking for any advice, or experiences you may have. I've found a few people through websites who've done it but none specifically for motocross. Thanks in advance.

|

8/4/2018 10:04 PM

I've seen a few pretty nice ones, but they were much bigger than a 6x12. There's not much space in a 6x12 trailer to begin with...

|

8/4/2018 10:08 PM

langhammx wrote:

I've seen a few pretty nice ones, but they were much bigger than a 6x12. There's not much space in a 6x12 trailer to begin with...

I agree, 6x12 is not big for a lot of things. I'm limited to that trailer due to towing capacity. Mainly looking for air conditioning, cabinets, fold down bed, refrigerator, etc. I don't need a bathroom, sink, shower, etc.

|

8/4/2018 10:17 PM

Have seen some nice 6x12 conversions. Beds that fold down from each side into a full platform across the back. With a shower and small kitchenette across the front. Have seen them with roof air as well as a regular window unit. Many options available.

|

8/4/2018 10:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2018 10:36 PM

I know you're talking about a 6 x 12 but here's a 7 x 12 just to give you an idea. Plenty of photos Here including interior shots.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/4/2018 11:22 PM

I know of a nice one for sale practically brand new in the state of florida

|

8/4/2018 11:25 PM

My dad converted our motorhome into a toy hauler

|

8/5/2018 12:23 AM

Unless you’re a skilled handyman or contractor, don’t do it. Most of the time people just do an ass job and it never will be as good as a Toy hauler,

|

8/5/2018 3:38 AM

Air mattress and a 12 pack, bam. Done.

|

8/5/2018 5:32 AM

Cargo conversions by the truckload found here.
http://tnttt.com/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=1248832689105ce535775a94a08763c7

|

8/5/2018 5:58 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

5 X 10. Weights 900 lbs unloaded.
|

8/5/2018 8:05 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

My dad converted our motorhome into a toy hauler

Mind sharing any details or pics on this conversion? With older fun movers becoming harder to find I’ve kicked this idea around, but every time I look into it on rv forums they seem to think it would compromise the structure too much. I would think gutting the bedroom at the rear and installing a door wide enough to fit handlebars through would be pretty easy.

|

8/27/2018 8:32 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

My dad converted our motorhome into a toy hauler

CLT809 wrote:

Mind sharing any details or pics on this conversion? With older fun movers becoming harder to find I’ve kicked this idea around, but every time I look into it on rv forums they seem to think it would compromise the structure too much. I would think gutting the bedroom at the rear and installing a door wide enough to fit handlebars through would be pretty easy.

Literally the whole tail piece lowers like a castle gate, we got alot of funny looks, and it's quite scary looking, but once its up you can't tell at all, he took off the whole back, buildt a frame inside the tail piece, and gutted the bedroom and turned it into a shop. It's redneck looking for sure, but no trailer speed limits, 3rd lane all the way.

I'm going to be remodeling it to make it more friendly on the eyes this winter

|

8/27/2018 9:38 AM

dcg141 wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

5 X 10. Weights 900 lbs unloaded.

What brand is that it looks cool

|

8/27/2018 2:46 PM

dcg141 wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

5 X 10. Weights 900 lbs unloaded.

Holy shit look at that thing! Thats awesome

|

8/27/2018 3:19 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

Unless you’re a skilled handyman or contractor, don’t do it. Most of the time people just do an ass job and it never will be as good as a Toy hauler,

I'm not a handyman or contractor and I just did a two bedroom/one bath edition on my house on my own with the help of some friends and family (and youtube haha) and it came out great. I'm sure he'd do fine if that's what he really wanted.

|