Has Ronnie Mac gone too far and become too vulgar?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/22/2018 6:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2018 10:01 AM

I was a fan of Ronnie Mac's early stuff. I though the goon riding videos were very funny and entertaining. For me, he has strayed too from his good fun humor with the 'I EAT ASS' sticker, and vulgar behavior. I exercised the same right we all have, and stopped watching a while back.

Has Ronnie Mac gone too far and become to vulgar?

View Results

|

8/22/2018 6:23 AM

Damn bro i bet your ass is tighter than a virgin on prom night

|

8/22/2018 6:34 AM

kb228 wrote:

And I bet everyone around you respects the hell outta you because they know they're not aloud to have differing opinions.

|

8/22/2018 6:39 AM

Please make it stop

|

8/22/2018 6:40 AM

kb228 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

And I bet everyone around you respects the hell outta you because they know they're not aloud to have differing opinions.

Nah theyre allowed to have differing opinions aloud if they wish.

|

8/22/2018 6:41 AM

It was funny at first but now I think it’s just getting a little old. Kinda like these threads

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

8/22/2018 6:43 AM

kb228 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:

kb228 wrote:

Nah theyre allowed to have differing opinions aloud if they wish.

hahahaha.....They're as special as you are they?

|

8/22/2018 6:48 AM

RMac is about as funny as fart sounds were back in junior high. Then we grew up. Well some of us did anyways.

|

8/22/2018 6:56 AM

Obviously you aren’t a golfer

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

8/22/2018 7:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2018 7:14 AM

It has reached a level where it has gone to far and isn't funny anymore, yes. Should have kept it at only riding imo

|

8/22/2018 7:11 AM

It's pretty much adolescent toilet humor. He has a shtick that plays well in certain circles
Some people find him funny, I personally don't. I really don't need to know what his sexual habits are.

There is room in the world for Ronnie Mac and his fans.

|

8/22/2018 7:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2018 7:17 AM

Mac was funny on YouTube, although it’s played out now. The joke was the goon riding. He was a redneck goon who was actually really fast, and we laughed at his bad technique while marvelling at his speed despite that. But, in order to keep the ball rolling he’s having to resort to other, more extreme antics.

But the thing is, many, many motocross fans have no idea who he is. Unless you’re a Vitard or a millennial YouTube addict why would you? Most motocross fans I know don’t frequent these places.

For those people - who I’d say outnumber those who know he’s an inside joke by a large factor - they think he’s for real. If, like them, you don’t get that it’s a parody, then he’s a really bad example.

He’s best kept in his make-believe Instagram world.

|

8/22/2018 7:15 AM

Prntscrn wrote:

It has reached a level where it has gone to far and isn't funny anymore, yes. Should have kept it at only riding imo

Yeah I thought it was funny in the beginning. Now I'm just not so sure. The one video with him and Jimmy McGarth was gold.

|

8/22/2018 7:20 AM

He plays to the absolute lowest common denominator in our sport, always has. But yes, it's gotten much worse over time.

|

8/22/2018 7:26 AM

TXDirt wrote:

RMac is about as funny as fart sounds were back in junior high. Then we grew up. Well some of us did anyways.

Agreed!

|

8/22/2018 7:30 AM

I don't care about vulgar or not. But he became annoying a while back. Kind of trying to stay relevant through his alter ego

|

8/22/2018 7:31 AM

Just vote already you punks.

And get off my lawn.

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/22/2018 7:40 AM

How about option number 4. Was never funny.

|

8/22/2018 7:43 AM

Go watch some Ronnie Mac riding and get off your high horse. I don't care if you like the humor part. Watch the goon riding part. Most you can't even get close to doing that so I have nothing to say to you. It's tongue in cheek get over it.

|

8/22/2018 7:49 AM

Hey you guys think Stewart is coming back???

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/22/2018 7:55 AM

he's the Kenny Powers of moto

"When my ass was 19 years old, I changed the face of professional motocross. I was handed the keys to the kingdom: multimillion-dollar deals, endorsements. Everyone wanted a piece of my shit. Just a man with a mind for victory and a throttle like a fucking cannon. But sometimes when you bring the thunder, you get lost in the storm. And a true champion, face to face with his darkest hour, will do whatever it takes to rise above. A man fights and fights, and then fights some more. Because surrender is death, and death is for pussies. And my ass ain't no pussy. My ass is a fucking champion."

|

8/22/2018 8:00 AM

Not at all. Doesn't mean he should race at the biggest event in the sport though.

He should be behind the bleachers doing beer bongs with the fans.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8/22/2018 8:05 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Obviously you aren’t a golfer

Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accountant, probably a great golfer, huge ass.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/22/2018 8:15 AM

Well, I voted I don't care.

If he's looking to get AMA or GP points, along with a factory salary from Honda, yes, he's gone too far.

But, if he's looking to make a living outside "The Industry", no.
And I don't blame him. He has to make a living. If Renthal won't pay him, it sure looks like Pabst Blue Ribbon will.

No, it looks like the farthest you can go is with sex.
Even that can be perilous if you want to stay in the let's keep it clean crowd.

The Mitch Payton and DD vid comes to mind.
I remember being surprised they put that out.
Even tho you see just as much, if not more, on a trip to the beach, I knew the PC Patrol would jump on it, which they did, Funny as heck it waslaughing .
|

8/22/2018 8:22 AM

My favorite line is about protecting the children from him ,meanwhile the same kids are seeing worse shit on instagram.

|

8/22/2018 8:25 AM

Jesus what a bunch of overly sensitive pussies. No wonder why our society is the way it is

|

8/22/2018 8:29 AM

Who cares. As long as he isn’t participating in professional events he can do whatever he wants.

|

8/22/2018 8:33 AM

I was a fan of Ronnie Mac when it was Trey Canard. Once it became Albertson, and it became publicized and starting becoming a "thing" at events, that's when it started getting annoying and a bit overused.

|

8/22/2018 8:34 AM

Unfortunately, in my opinion, Jimmy Albertson was only a big deal and only got the press he did because he was married to Georgia. Now that she’s out of the picture for him to have to resort to the Ronnie Mac shtick is pretty sad. He could have been a lot more popular without having to alienate himself with families with conservative values by the vulgarity he posts on his bike. But, I guess some think he’s hilarious! Oh well...to each their own.

|

8/22/2018 8:41 AM

I liked it more when it was just the goon riding. Its a little much now. Glad he is not racing MXDN. He has no place there. He is just making a mockery of it all.

|