Has Dungey Peaked?

Osaka627
Edited Date/Time 11/25/2014 10:39pm
I personally feel as if he has reached the tipping point in his career, and was wondering if anyone else feels the same.

I'm getting the vibe this is a make or break season for him. Sorry for being so gloomy, but the only direction I see his results heading are down.
|
TommyZ
11/23/2014 11:28am
He has a spark, needs a fire.
11/23/2014 11:35am
Yeah I think so. But he'll do what he does: put solid finishes on the board and be there in the end. If the faster guys go rubber side up he will be right there to take it. I can't see him running down and passing Tomac and Roczen though.
11/23/2014 11:41am
No way, my wife and I had the best and most sex straight after our Wedding,

It was after the first child it slowed down, then with the second it was hardly ever, now with the 3rd child 3 years old,

Zippppppppppppppp.

Oh, did you mead MX riding ability, nah, he has another 5 - 10 tears at the top.
Rdubs19
11/23/2014 11:43am
In supercross, yes. Outdoors, he can hang for wins and titles if he ever gets off that pumpkin. No offense to KTM or their owners on here but you're blind if you can't tell how much better he was on the RMZ. Tomac, KROC, and Canard are only going to better indoors and out and quite frankly their mindset is win at all costs and it shows in their riding which is half of Dungey's problem, he just will never push it to 11. But he seriously rips outdoors even on a bike that doesn't suit him, so I won't be surprised to see another title out of him in the future if the right breaks happen.

The Shop

Samuel
11/23/2014 11:47am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 11:49am
Dungey is in his prime. If his results go down, it won't be due to him getting slower, but rather it will be because of improvements by Trey, Eli, and Ken. Some have suggested that his move to KTM wasn't is his best interest as far as results are concerned, but that is speculation. Might be true, but it's impossible to know.
brimx153
11/23/2014 11:59am
Rdubs19 wrote:
In supercross, yes. Outdoors, he can hang for wins and titles if he ever gets off that pumpkin. No offense to KTM or their owners on...
In supercross, yes. Outdoors, he can hang for wins and titles if he ever gets off that pumpkin. No offense to KTM or their owners on here but you're blind if you can't tell how much better he was on the RMZ. Tomac, KROC, and Canard are only going to better indoors and out and quite frankly their mindset is win at all costs and it shows in their riding which is half of Dungey's problem, he just will never push it to 11. But he seriously rips outdoors even on a bike that doesn't suit him, so I won't be surprised to see another title out of him in the future if the right breaks happen.
X2 I really feel the same way . and we will be called KTM haters any min. But just go back look at any of the vids on the rmz, he was so much better in the corner s .I am not saying the KTM is a bad bike by any means .maybe the rmz suited dungey a slight bit better . maybe this new KTM bike will and he will be the man to beat. But it s rubbish that he is past it. End of both sx and MX he will be 1st or 2nd like he nearly always is .he is still very young too , which I think everyone forget s ,and also how many times he has the fastest laps in races. If he could just pass a bit better .
rippaaa
11/23/2014 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2014 12:13pm
Hope not. Always good seeing him have success.
Adam43
11/23/2014 1:09pm
It will be interesting to see how improved the 2016 450 he'll be riding is. He will not suddenly morph into the unstoppable force that Villopoto was/is...Dungey is only that guy when the top dogs are all out.
motofool
Fantasy
2147th
11/23/2014 1:31pm
He is working with Baker this year, I think he will be better than he ever has. just watch.
TeamGreen
11/23/2014 1:42pm
New Bike
New Team-mates
New people joining the organization (Mechanics, etc.)
New Teams for A Lot of his competition while he's still got Roger, Carlos and Ian.

I'm having a hard time seeing Ryan Dungey as "Over the Shark Tank"...

Nope, "Not by a Damn-Sight"!
Flatliner
11/23/2014 1:52pm
Adam43 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how improved the 2016 450 he'll be riding is. He will not suddenly morph into the unstoppable force that Villopoto...
It will be interesting to see how improved the 2016 450 he'll be riding is. He will not suddenly morph into the unstoppable force that Villopoto was/is...Dungey is only that guy when the top dogs are all out.
I'd say no to that statement for outdoors. 2011 he was the best guy, but that's the way the cookie crumbles , reed may have been the man. Who knows. But poto had the cards fall his way for sure.

2012, title. No poto. 2013, yea h was the best of the rest. And this past year he was often ( not always) fastest, but all the good guys were there ( sans poto).

I just think his riding style and usual consistency takes away from how much speed he shows. I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone ride washougal better for example.
Steve 396
11/23/2014 2:07pm
I think its just hard to say but I do agree this is an important year for him for the reasons mentioned above. One thing that I have thought of for a couple of years with him is he lacks that killer instinct to do what it takes to make a pass. Can't take anything away from him though, who on this forum wouldn't like to have the type of talent he does.....
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/23/2014 2:23pm
Osaka627 wrote:
I personally feel as if he has reached the tipping point in his career, and was wondering if anyone else feels the same. I'm getting the...
I personally feel as if he has reached the tipping point in his career, and was wondering if anyone else feels the same.

I'm getting the vibe this is a make or break season for him. Sorry for being so gloomy, but the only direction I see his results heading are down.
Just when I thought you peaked with the "second best" thread you have outdone yourself with another brain numbing topic...God please let the time between today and A1 pass by quicker Smile
IceMan446
11/23/2014 2:40pm
With Aldon this year, you will see if he has peaked or not.
malachi177
11/23/2014 2:43pm
Flatliner wrote:
I'd say no to that statement for outdoors. 2011 he was the best guy, but that's the way the cookie crumbles , reed may have been...
I'd say no to that statement for outdoors. 2011 he was the best guy, but that's the way the cookie crumbles , reed may have been the man. Who knows. But poto had the cards fall his way for sure.

2012, title. No poto. 2013, yea h was the best of the rest. And this past year he was often ( not always) fastest, but all the good guys were there ( sans poto).

I just think his riding style and usual consistency takes away from how much speed he shows. I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone ride washougal better for example.
Exactly!!!! If anyone was at the Shoug this past season can attest to that. The guy was on another level. He's won at least one moto there over the past 4 years I've been there.

I agree with the Suzuki comments too. His corner speed was better on yellow.
IWreckALot
11/23/2014 3:48pm
IceMan446 wrote:
I wish someone would get an interview with Aldon and ask specifically what he's working with Dungey on. Can't wait to see how/if Aldon gets better results out of Dungey. It will be scary if he does more than a little improvement.
Crush
11/23/2014 4:30pm
I'm interested to see what he does bike wise...

He's clearly KTM's guy, this is the final year of his current two year contract right? Do they go with the new bike? Does that make him stay or go? I'd say he was better in SX on his suzuki just for the whoops...
11/23/2014 4:48pm
No way, my wife and I had the best and most sex straight after our Wedding, It was after the first child it slowed down, then...
No way, my wife and I had the best and most sex straight after our Wedding,

It was after the first child it slowed down, then with the second it was hardly ever, now with the 3rd child 3 years old,

Zippppppppppppppp.

Oh, did you mead MX riding ability, nah, he has another 5 - 10 tears at the top.
Well, getting married is like a game of cards... you start off with two hearts and a diamond and then you end up wishing you had a club and a spade...
machine
11/23/2014 5:07pm
Well, getting married is like a game of cards... you start off with two hearts and a diamond and then you end up wishing you had...
Well, getting married is like a game of cards... you start off with two hearts and a diamond and then you end up wishing you had a club and a spade...
That's pretty good..lol
McDuff
11/23/2014 6:38pm
bvm111 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/11/23/71360/s1200_image.jpg[/img]

Haha!
RbR
11/23/2014 7:12pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Fitness has never been an issue for Dungey, so I'm not expecting any type of change in his racing just because Baker is in the program. His results depend on his willingness to hang it out further than his competition. New wife, $millions in the bank, and $millions coming in as long as Dungey keeps being Dungey, and I don't see him chancing career ending injury they way I anticipate Barcia, Tomac, Roczen, and Canard will do. 2015 will see a couple SX wins, a possible MX title, $millions more in the bank, and a vacation to the tropics at the end of the season. And so on and so on and so on .....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/23/2014 9:00pm
Osaka627 wrote:
I personally feel as if he has reached the tipping point in his career, and was wondering if anyone else feels the same. I'm getting the...

No.

Keep peering into your crystal balls, though. Wink
machine
11/23/2014 9:05pm
GuyB wrote:
No.

Keep peering into your crystal balls, though. Wink
"crystal balls"....Grinning
11/23/2014 10:28pm
Thats what i say when my kids stand in front of the telly.. "move out the way, i cant see... jeez, do ya think ya dad had glass balls or something"
ChrisB10
11/24/2014 5:47am
What is Baker going to do? Dungey has already been known to be one of the most fit riders so people thinking Baker's going to be a big difference I just don't see it. If Dungey was working with someone who will make him better at passing then I could agree with the "Dungey's going to kill it this year" comments.
wow123
11/24/2014 6:23am
ChrisB10 wrote:
What is Baker going to do? Dungey has already been known to be one of the most fit riders so people thinking Baker's going to be...
What is Baker going to do? Dungey has already been known to be one of the most fit riders so people thinking Baker's going to be a big difference I just don't see it. If Dungey was working with someone who will make him better at passing then I could agree with the "Dungey's going to kill it this year" comments.
umm the mental side, he will be acting as a coach

someone ELSE can see things you cant and guide and inspire you

thats sports coaching 101 dude

you ever watch a football coaches comments after games,

things like "they were switched on today" or "i dont know where their heads were at' etc.

fidiot
11/24/2014 7:00am
No

He is only 24 yrs old (turns 25 in a couple of weeks). As far as I know, he is not hampered with any injuries preventing him from training or racing at 100%.

Post a reply to: Has Dungey Peaked?

The Latest