Has Aldon ever lost a championship?

Merida
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2016 11:58am
Has Aldon Baker lost a championship with a healthy guy?
|
jeffro503
3/29/2016 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 12:11pm
I'm a fan of what Aldon has done to help prepare some riders.....but unfortunately he's never actually won a MX or SX championship.
huck
3/29/2016 12:15pm
JS7
RandyS
3/29/2016 12:17pm
Merida wrote:
Anderson was healthy last year, he lost. At least two of his riders are going to lose this year, if he's trying not to lose he should stick to one rider. Wink
kiwifan
3/29/2016 12:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm a fan of what Aldon has done to help prepare some riders.....but unfortunately he's never actually won a MX or SX championship.
^^ this .... it is up to the riders to take on Aldon's mental and physical training, Aldon gives them the tools and means to do the job.

The Shop

RandyS
3/29/2016 12:24pm
Nobody has ever answered this question, does he actually ride? I don't believe you have to have ever been at the top level to be a good coach but you have to understand what's going on and why.
jj welks
3/29/2016 12:34pm
RandyS wrote:
Nobody has ever answered this question, does he actually ride? I don't believe you have to have ever been at the top level to be a...
Nobody has ever answered this question, does he actually ride? I don't believe you have to have ever been at the top level to be a good coach but you have to understand what's going on and why.
He was in the South African army so that might have something to do with it
JOSHJ
3/29/2016 12:51pm
Merida wrote:
Still no one has answered this. I swear these things go sideways and off topic so f-kin easily its like watching a presidential debate.

I think the years Chad won his titles since hes never worked with Chad. Not to my knowledge any way (whatever that is worth). Regardless of the depth of the field during those years I am not sure, but back to your original question, I believe the answer is no. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but Im pretty sure since he started with Ricky, his guy has won the title if his guy was healthy.
newmann
3/29/2016 12:59pm
Once you guys answer this one, how about this one for the next question. Has Aldon ever created a champion? I know he has refined a few, but has he started from scratch with any?
JOSHJ
3/29/2016 1:03pm
aeffertz wrote:
Anderson last year, right?
I would put Dungey, Anderson, and Marvin all under that same umbrella. Kinda hard to win the same title with both guys when those guys race the same class. Even more so this year since all three are racing in the premier classes.

Going to be the same answer when his 250 program starts. As well for the amateur side.
DownSouth
3/29/2016 1:29pm
Musquin last year in 250MX. And don't give me the "he wasn't healthy" line, Marv started and finished the whole season.
500guy
3/29/2016 1:40pm
I know He's not the only good trainer out there but what ever he does seems to have more of an impact on the riders mentality then anything.

Look at Dungey who was already fit as can be, now He's the total package Aldon certainly is part of that equation.
peelout
3/29/2016 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 2:23pm
Camp332 wrote:
What was the question?
how do i get huge arms?

asking for a friend
3/29/2016 2:15pm
newmann wrote:
Once you guys answer this one, how about this one for the next question. Has Aldon ever created a champion? I know he has refined a...
Once you guys answer this one, how about this one for the next question. Has Aldon ever created a champion? I know he has refined a few, but has he started from scratch with any?
...if Aldon wasn't there...there would be no more AMA Pro champions or championships...
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/29/2016 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 2:36pm
Merida wrote:
Rattray, Townley, Wiemer, Anderson, Moosecan Cianciarilo Bagget never won a national title with him.

Aldon Baker, turning champions into champions since 2001.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/29/2016 2:23pm
newmann wrote:
Once you guys answer this one, how about this one for the next question. Has Aldon ever created a champion? I know he has refined a...
No.
Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
3/29/2016 2:24pm
Weimer, Roczen, Rattray, Stewart, AC, Anderson, maybe Baggett??
Claerhout
Fantasy
555th
3/29/2016 2:29pm
Whatever he does, Ill never forget the diff in RV at A1 after training with him that first year. He doesnt win the titles, but im sure it doesn't hurt. If a guy like JA thinks itll give him an edge, it will on that alone. Just my opinion of course
Dezerted
3/29/2016 2:33pm
Has the guy ever won a championship?

That question is a little insulting to the guys who won the championship.. Aldon gets way to much credit imo
3/29/2016 2:34pm
Merida wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Rattray, Townley, Wiemer, Anderson, Moosecan Cianciarilo Bagget never won a national title with him.

Aldon Baker, turning champions into champions since 2001.
...so what your sayin is...it is the bike...WoohooSillyWhistling ...
Katoomey
3/29/2016 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 3:12pm
newmann wrote:
You mean like construct a womb, harvest an egg, implant said egg, fertilize it with his own seed, intravenously feed a fetus, birth it, nurish and care for it until its a toddler, put it on a motorcycle, show it how to ride, and then give it the mental tools and work ethic to become a national champion?

i'll count that as him winning a championship, but anything less and he is no more responsible for it than any of the other providers, influences, and resources a champion motocrosser has.
coolhand
3/29/2016 3:51pm
Damn...so how many of you top pros here know more than the guys that have used him? RC got him on the map..
If he is not effective then why did RV and now RD use him?

Most of you goofy guys are the type that has to have $12 K bikes and run the C class to get Mary rotten crotch
to give you crabs.
newmann
3/29/2016 4:09pm
newmann wrote:
Katoomey wrote:
You mean like construct a womb, harvest an egg, implant said egg, fertilize it with his own seed, intravenously feed a fetus, birth it, nurish and...
You mean like construct a womb, harvest an egg, implant said egg, fertilize it with his own seed, intravenously feed a fetus, birth it, nurish and care for it until its a toddler, put it on a motorcycle, show it how to ride, and then give it the mental tools and work ethic to become a national champion?

i'll count that as him winning a championship, but anything less and he is no more responsible for it than any of the other providers, influences, and resources a champion motocrosser has.
Well, I would settle for pulling some hotshoe from the amateur ranks and taking him into his professional career. Maybe even a "lites" rider who just isn't getting it done.

Maybe that smiling little Scott Champion guy that I am pretty fond of. He is always making SX mains and can run top 20's outdoors. Take him, give him a factory ride FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY and move him in with Aldon. Hell, I'll buy a fuggin case of Mona Vie and get in on Bakers pyramid scheme if it would help make it happen. Maybe Scott could be loyal to RC and get the Soaring Eagle gig.Smile
BobPA
3/29/2016 4:12pm
DownSouth wrote:
Musquin last year in 250MX. And don't give me the "he wasn't healthy" line, Marv started and finished the whole season.
People ride injured all the time, is it that difficult for you to understand?
Dezerted
3/29/2016 4:36pm
coolhand wrote:
Damn...so how many of you top pros here know more than the guys that have used him? RC got him on the map.. If he is...
Damn...so how many of you top pros here know more than the guys that have used him? RC got him on the map..
If he is not effective then why did RV and now RD use him?

Most of you goofy guys are the type that has to have $12 K bikes and run the C class to get Mary rotten crotch
to give you crabs.
Because they needed a trainer that they felt put them over the top but most were champions before he got ahold of them and I'd bet most would of been if he never entered the sport..
Johnny Ringo
3/29/2016 4:47pm
I doubt Aldon even knows how to start a dirt bike. Championships are won by racers, not the guy that tells the racers what to eat and how many miles to cycle that day.

Smh.
3/29/2016 4:59pm
Dezerted wrote:
Has the guy ever won a championship? That question is a little insulting to the guys who won the championship.. Aldon gets way to much credit...

That question is a little insulting to the guys who won the championship.. Aldon gets way to much credit imo
Who should get more credit, the bike manufacturer, or the trainer?

Dezerted
3/29/2016 5:15pm
Dezerted wrote:
Has the guy ever won a championship? That question is a little insulting to the guys who won the championship.. Aldon gets way to much credit...

TripleFive wrote:
Who should get more credit, the bike manufacturer, or the trainer?

Neither at that level
agn5009
3/29/2016 6:03pm
I doubt Aldon even knows how to start a dirt bike. Championships are won by racers, not the guy that tells the racers what to eat...
I doubt Aldon even knows how to start a dirt bike. Championships are won by racers, not the guy that tells the racers what to eat and how many miles to cycle that day.

Smh.
Yeah because I'm sure you know better than all the top pros and their teams who pay a trainer. You should become pro or the GM for a factory team since it seems like you know what's best for everyone.

Post a reply to: Has Aldon ever lost a championship?

The Latest