Hanson? Opinions?

bents
Fantasy
909th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:58pm
A humbling start. Is he going to be able to step up with the big boys and run their pace for an entire SX season? He didn't seem to be too prepared for this race. I'm not what else he had on the schedule, but it seems like he has a lot of work to do. In order to hang on to those fo fiddys for an entire race and stay on the gas, you gotta have some measure of fitness, no? Its 20 laps, not 15, and its on a 450 not a 250, and its 17 races, not 9.
|
bents
Fantasy
909th
10/16/2011 7:36am
Didn't know. What is the injury?
Hut
10/16/2011 7:41am
Hansen hurt his knee in practice at the end of sand whoops
bents
Fantasy
909th
10/16/2011 7:44am
Assuming the injury affected his night, what do people think about his ability to compete in sx in 2012 in the 450 class? Will he truly be ready? Not hatin' just asking.

The Shop

mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
10/16/2011 7:45am
And only had 4 days on the bike to start with because of an injury
RaceFace
10/16/2011 7:45am
Hut wrote:
Hansen hurt his knee in practice at the end of sand whoops
And he hurt his face and hand some time ago and only was riding for a few days. During the broadcast they said he told them "If I'm out there racing, it's because Mitch forced me to" (after hurting his knee).

I bet Mitch was pissed that he hurt himself on a BMX bike f-ing around.
Phillips467
10/16/2011 7:47am
bents wrote:
Assuming the injury affected his night, what do people think about his ability to compete in sx in 2012 in the 450 class? Will he truly...
Assuming the injury affected his night, what do people think about his ability to compete in sx in 2012 in the 450 class? Will he truly be ready? Not hatin' just asking.
For 2012, I just hope Hansen puts in a solid season for the Hart and Hunington team and gets them at least a few decent results. If he holeshots, I think he could run the pace for five laps, but every week I can't see him any higher than the 6-10 range with Short, Brayton etc.
bents
Fantasy
909th
10/16/2011 7:50am
Even though it is a one off, I assume this race is pretty important to Monster (a big supporter of Hanson and Pro Circuit), and since Hanson hasn't raced since Vegas, would it also be safe to assume that doing well at this event would have been important to him?
Hut
10/16/2011 7:53am
bents wrote:
Even though it is a one off, I assume this race is pretty important to Monster (a big supporter of Hanson and Pro Circuit), and since...
Even though it is a one off, I assume this race is pretty important to Monster (a big supporter of Hanson and Pro Circuit), and since Hanson hasn't raced since Vegas, would it also be safe to assume that doing well at this event would have been important to him?
I would say yes this was kind of a big deal for him. Seems like what redeemed his career was a similar one off deal with his wins at the Xgames.
RaceFace
10/16/2011 7:54am
bents wrote:
Assuming the injury affected his night, what do people think about his ability to compete in sx in 2012 in the 450 class? Will he truly...
There has to be something behind him not being with Mitch for 2012. Mitch is a huge part of his recent success (compared with his troubled years anyway). I think he has slowly reverted back to how he was before with the latest results.

On his own again, I don't expect he will have the focus or drive to do anything noteworthy against this stacked field. Take last year's field and put Short on a 450 Honda, Townley?, Stroupe?, Tickle, Grant......Musquin and Roczen on opposite coasts.....Barcia on opposite coasts?......who else am I missing?
Shawn142
10/16/2011 7:57am
People seem to forget Hansen has already made 2 swings through the 450 class on 2 different teams, neither of which were very successful. I can't imagine he turned the ship around enough to suddenly run up front and be a top 10 guy.
500guy
10/16/2011 8:03am
Vegas is never friendly to Hanson, not sure if it's what he does off the track or just one of those things.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/16/2011 8:20am
He was rolling around a lot with one hand off the bars. I'd guess the hand was bugging him a bunch.

After this weekend it's not Mitch's worry.
zippy895
10/16/2011 8:25am
the bmx wreck plus the knee plus the sprint racing sure played alot on him last night.
bents
Fantasy
909th
10/16/2011 8:30am
Well he has 3 months to get it together for a team that appears to be very serious about their intentions. I'm sure H & H want to move up the results board to ensure continued support like they have now. One thing is for sure, those 2012 KX 450's sure seem to be badass bikes! They were everywhere, and mostly at the front.

I'm guessing GuyB that Mitch is probably a little relieved about that! I mean he has done a ton for the dude.
burnside
10/16/2011 9:00am
H&H is still a Pro Circuit back team though right? At least Mitch still has an invested interest in him.
zippy895
10/16/2011 9:23am
maybe we should all realize what works for us doesnt for others.
or vise versa.
if payton demands something of him and he recipricates,then that is what drives his motivation.
just like reeds wife comments to chad about his performance from a shity race performance
different strokes for different folks.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/16/2011 9:24am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2011 9:33am
He is already signed with H&H next year....2012 450 class.
The H&H Kawi's are pretty much PC bikes,just as he is riding now I would assume.
Hansen in a sense is a marketable guy and some sponsors like that.

He only had just a few days on bike before this event due to some other injuries he suffered from BMX accident.
He went out in his first practice & did 4 laps and pulled off (not sure why).
He then came out in practice #2 and did a couple huge whips off the freestyle ramp.
Hit the track and crashed on the first lap & tweaked his knee in the same spot KC,Adam C.,MA & JA crashed at.
I would assume he would have preferred to sit it out,if he was in pain.
Mitch prolly said get your ass out there and at least try....
So I assume that is what he did.

Bates said, the only reason he was out there racing was because Mitch was making him.
I highly doubt Mitch twisted his arm....to make him race.
Prolly just talked some sense into him and motivated him a little to at least try.

He got 2nd in front of KDub in the LCQ.
He made the mains and lined up for everyone of them.

All in all..he didn't have the greatest night/day ,but I suppose it could have been worse. Wink
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
10/16/2011 9:27am
Obviously Josh struggled badly last night, but that is not necessarily how his 2012 season is going to go. I think he will have some good rides and finishes for H&H this year.
mxpunk
10/16/2011 9:32am
H&H signed hannny' more for his "marketability" then his recent sucess IMO

they have a different approach to racing so i can see why they signed him.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/16/2011 9:33am
He has 3 months to get it together and turn it around. Like they always say, the talent and skill is there...
RaceFace
10/16/2011 9:33am
FastEddy wrote:
He is already signed with H&H next year....2012 450 class. The H&H Kawi's are pretty much PC bikes,just as he is riding now I would assume...
He is already signed with H&H next year....2012 450 class.
The H&H Kawi's are pretty much PC bikes,just as he is riding now I would assume.
Hansen in a sense is a marketable guy and some sponsors like that.

He only had just a few days on bike before this event due to some other injuries he suffered from BMX accident.
He went out in his first practice & did 4 laps and pulled off (not sure why).
He then came out in practice #2 and did a couple huge whips off the freestyle ramp.
Hit the track and crashed on the first lap & tweaked his knee in the same spot KC,Adam C.,MA & JA crashed at.
I would assume he would have preferred to sit it out,if he was in pain.
Mitch prolly said get your ass out there and at least try....
So I assume that is what he did.

Bates said, the only reason he was out there racing was because Mitch was making him.
I highly doubt Mitch twisted his arm....to make him race.
Prolly just talked some sense into him and motivated him a little to at least try.

He got 2nd in front of KDub in the LCQ.
He made the mains and lined up for everyone of them.

All in all..he didn't have the greatest night/day ,but I suppose it could have been worse. Wink
Do you think Mitch was at all pissed (not disappointed-pissed) that he hurt himself on a BMX bike?

I was wondering why he was even out there at all given the short time back on a bike, but it makes more sense if Mitch was pissed off about the BMX thing to begin with and told him "get yer ass out there or you can go F around on BMX bikes all you want with the free time you'll have". I have an image of Mitch being fair but not tolerant of nonsense.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/16/2011 9:43am
RaceFace wrote:
Do you think Mitch was at all pissed (not disappointed-pissed) that he hurt himself on a BMX bike? I was wondering why he was even out...
Do you think Mitch was at all pissed (not disappointed-pissed) that he hurt himself on a BMX bike?

I was wondering why he was even out there at all given the short time back on a bike, but it makes more sense if Mitch was pissed off about the BMX thing to begin with and told him "get yer ass out there or you can go F around on BMX bikes all you want with the free time you'll have". I have an image of Mitch being fair but not tolerant of nonsense.
I'm sure Mitch wasn't happy about it....I dont think any Team manager would be.
Remember Pastrana & Decoster.....?
Travis after the MXoN in France that year broke his leg on a BMX bike.
He missed the USOpen that year.
I think after that,they put restrictions in his contracts that kept him from doing that sort of stuff. Wink

But with that BMX stuff....and SK8'n Hanny does.
You would think Monster & also PC would put something in his contract to keep him from doing that kind of stuff.
If they dont, there isn't much they can say about it.
They just have to deal with it as it comes.
burnside
10/16/2011 9:51am
RaceFace wrote:
Do you think Mitch was at all pissed (not disappointed-pissed) that he hurt himself on a BMX bike? I was wondering why he was even out...

FastEddy wrote:
I'm sure Mitch wasn't happy about it....I dont think any Team manager would be. Remember Pastrana & Decoster.....? Travis after the MXoN in France that year...
I'm sure Mitch wasn't happy about it....I dont think any Team manager would be.
Remember Pastrana & Decoster.....?
Travis after the MXoN in France that year broke his leg on a BMX bike.
He missed the USOpen that year.
I think after that,they put restrictions in his contracts that kept him from doing that sort of stuff. Wink

But with that BMX stuff....and SK8'n Hanny does.
You would think Monster & also PC would put something in his contract to keep him from doing that kind of stuff.
If they dont, there isn't much they can say about it.
They just have to deal with it as it comes.
Randy Lawrence had Weimer and couple of others (can't remember which guys) riding BMX as cross training at one stage. Remember seeing the pics and guys moaning about that too cause they weren't wearing lids . . and that was while he was on Pro Circuit.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
10/16/2011 10:00am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2011 10:06am
burnside wrote:
Randy Lawrence had Weimer and couple of others (can't remember which guys) riding BMX as cross training at one stage. Remember seeing the pics and guys...
Randy Lawrence had Weimer and couple of others (can't remember which guys) riding BMX as cross training at one stage. Remember seeing the pics and guys moaning about that too cause they weren't wearing lids . . and that was while he was on Pro Circuit.
I remember that.

It's all in what they want.
If a guy get's hurt doing it....and they have no restrictions of what he can & cant do off the track.
They really cant say much other then just be upset about it.
Shit happens.

And yeah,I've seen trainers do different things to cross train guys.
Was it Randy or Aldon that was training the guys on pogo sticks on a BMX track,back on Holligans Team?
I thought that was pretty wacky. But they were doing it for balance.
10/16/2011 10:10am
Shawn142 wrote:
People seem to forget Hansen has already made 2 swings through the 450 class on 2 different teams, neither of which were very successful. I can't...
People seem to forget Hansen has already made 2 swings through the 450 class on 2 different teams, neither of which were very successful. I can't imagine he turned the ship around enough to suddenly run up front and be a top 10 guy.
Exactly, he is too lazy to be a front runner in the 450 class. Only reason I can see a team hiring him on a 450, is to at least get people talking about him even when it is negative, kind of like JLaw and Arma. The really question is how many races will it be before he drops out of the series.
RaceFace
10/16/2011 10:23am
burnside wrote:
Randy Lawrence had Weimer and couple of others (can't remember which guys) riding BMX as cross training at one stage. Remember seeing the pics and guys...
Wow, no helmets, huh? Also never heard of Pastrana breaking his leg although Roger did voice muted displeasure over some of Travis' off-track activities. I remember when he dislocated his shoulder "swimming laps" though. Sounded like a kid explaining how the dog ate his homework when he was interviewed explaining how his arm came down and hit the edge of the pool......

I remember seeing Grant doing BMX riding in an empty pool during a long break in 2010 MX and wondering if there wasn't a better use of time for him mid-season, while the on JGR team no less. I'm surprised these teams put up with crap like this when they've got $$ millions tied up in these guys. Certainly they must have restrictions in their contracts to protect the investment of the team.

Post a reply to: Hanson? Opinions?

The Latest