Hansens Punt - Cause and Effect

captmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:20am
This was a move that never even slowed Hanny down, He went through him like he wasn't even there.
|
downandup
1/23/2011 11:24am
It looked horrible in person. Seeing these pics, it doesn't look that bad. I thought it was a deliberate take out that he really didn't need to do at all. Now, I'm not so sure.
Zycki11
1/23/2011 11:28am
Good news for Hanny is that he will not lose this title. The fire is in his eyes and belly, dude won't be denied this year
mxjef
1/23/2011 11:29am
racing.
40Plus_922mx
1/23/2011 11:32am
Now the universe owes him two! This and Christian Craig A1.

The Shop

SoCalMX70
1/23/2011 11:42am
For anyone thinking Hansen shouldn't have done anything to Canada.... My seat looked straight down the start straight (from the far end) and I got a great view of the whole thing.

First off, Canada nearly put Hansen into the mechanics area. He pushed Hansen wayyyyyyy out. Hansen just gave it back to him. That's racing

The dumbest move though would come from Canada on the very last corner of the last lap. Hansen was coming up to LAP HIM and Canada blocked him out. I couldn't tell if he was trying to take him out, but either way he got in Hansen's way. Completely pointless move. After the finish they had words with each other. It looked like Hansen rode off with his middle finger in the air, but it was a bit difficult to tell for sure.
downandup
1/23/2011 11:47am
SoCalMX70: thanks for clearing that up. I thought there was more to the story. Hansen passed a ton of riders cleanly, but not Canada. I had a feeling that it was some type of pay back situation. Canada's a fool for getting in Hanny's way later as a lapper.
bryan
1/23/2011 11:55am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2011 12:12pm
That pass kind of screwed Hansen anyway (Not as much as it did Canada though obviously). Canada's bike ended up on the landing of the triple coming the other way, and Hansen had to roll it due to a yellow flag.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
1/23/2011 12:10pm
bryan wrote:
That pass kind of screwed Hansen anyway (Not as much as it did Canada though obviously). Canada's bike ended up on the landing of the triple...
That pass kind of screwed Hansen anyway (Not as much as it did Canada though obviously). Canada's bike ended up on the landing of the triple coming the other way, and Hansen had to roll it due to a yellow flag.
Role it?

How do you fuck up a basic four letter word?
Xeno
1/23/2011 12:17pm
Hansen is alot more talented than Canada, right?

Yet he has to stoop to the same level to make a pass?

I was watching him last night and comparing him to Stewart, who is about three years younger than him. Stewie could have put alot of guys over the tuff blocks because (like Hansen) he has so much raw speed. But Stewart will dive inside, get a wheel on someone, then cut hard to make his turn without making contact. Yea, he might not get his "payback" like Josh does, but in the end he wins the war.
bryan
1/23/2011 12:17pm
T-Fish wrote:
Role it?

How do you fuck up a basic four letter word?
Fixed it for you Smile
jcracer
1/23/2011 12:18pm
socal mx... this is Jake.. obviosly you wernt watching the race at the end becuase i went to the inside in the corner and rolled the finish line allowing hansen to go right by me...?
SoCalMX70
1/23/2011 12:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2011 12:28pm
jcracer wrote:
socal mx... this is Jake.. obviosly you wernt watching the race at the end becuase i went to the inside in the corner and rolled the...
socal mx... this is Jake.. obviosly you wernt watching the race at the end becuase i went to the inside in the corner and rolled the finish line allowing hansen to go right by me...?
I apologize to you then. There were 3-4 riders in the corner at once and I must've thought it was you. Good racing though! I have no issue with you and Hansen getting into it mid-race as you guys were just racing for position.
EDIT: BTW, nice to see a pro chime in and set the story straight. I'm gonna come by and say hi to you in San Diego (don't punch me please!)
RMZ819
1/23/2011 12:42pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Good news for Hanny is that he will not lose this title. The fire is in his eyes and belly, dude won't be denied this year
Dude won't be denied? You even pulled out the fire in his belly. I love it!!!!

The shitter of the whole deal is the guy has had 35 chances at this title. He lucked out this yr. The talent has moved on. Next yr will be even easier for this cat.

SoCalMX70
1/23/2011 12:43pm
Zycki11 wrote:
RMZ819 wrote:
Dude won't be denied? You even pulled out the fire in his belly. I love it!!!! The shitter of the whole deal is the guy has...
Dude won't be denied? You even pulled out the fire in his belly. I love it!!!!

The shitter of the whole deal is the guy has had 35 chances at this title. He lucked out this yr. The talent has moved on. Next yr will be even easier for this cat.

I'm pretty sure he has to move up next year, or he IS moving up regardless? Maybe someone else has info on that.
1/24/2011 4:42pm
To start off, I like Hansen and am pulling for him. With that said, I saw him planting Canada as well as Canada pushing him out down the straight. (one was "racing", the other retaliation) IMHO Hansen showed a lack of mental toughness and emotional control. He could have made a clean pass, instead he chose to play games. His performance and ability has matured. The remaining question is will he mentally mature so as to be able to compete in the 450 class next year or will he self destruct. I hope for ther former.
Shawn142
1/24/2011 4:47pm
If you watch the race the rubbing started 2 turns from the finish. Hansen tried to run it in on Jake and failed.
1/24/2011 4:50pm
I don't agree with Hansen's life style and racing history, but he sent a clear message on the track.........Don't f----k with me or you will lose. Lets see if he can hold it together, I guess 60% yes, 40% no........And that was not a cheap ass shot like Josh Grant hitting a stopped RV.......Just saying..............................
lilbulld
1/24/2011 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2011 4:54pm
captmoto wrote:
This was a move that never even slowed Hanny down, He went through him like he wasn't even there.
Are you kidding? He obviously had to slow down and move over in order to miss the mechanics area
mag23
1/24/2011 4:56pm
All this talk about Hanny and head games... Funny, it was 'cool' when the King stuffed Stewart and admitted later he did it on purpose, sayin something like ' I've won a race or two, you should show me respect'! Canada? Don't get me wrong, great rider, but you ain't in the race... If you're gonna take a contender wide, you better expect to get punted off the track, which is exactly what happened.
1/24/2011 5:09pm
mag23, interesting theory. Let's see if I can figure this out, if a racer takes a "contender" wide (purposely or not), without causing a crash while contending for position then in return that racer should be expected to be punted off the track. WOW, that theory kind of raises the concept that if you are a "contender" that is somehow not in front, then everyone else should just pull over and let you pass. Is that your definition of racing?
1/24/2011 5:13pm
mag23 wrote:
All this talk about Hanny and head games... Funny, it was 'cool' when the King stuffed Stewart and admitted later he did it on purpose, sayin...
All this talk about Hanny and head games... Funny, it was 'cool' when the King stuffed Stewart and admitted later he did it on purpose, sayin something like ' I've won a race or two, you should show me respect'! Canada? Don't get me wrong, great rider, but you ain't in the race... If you're gonna take a contender wide, you better expect to get punted off the track, which is exactly what happened.
Yep.....Get out front and on the box a few times before you pull a move like that to the series leader (like him or not)........I'm guessing that elephants don't forget.......
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/24/2011 5:15pm
mxjef wrote:
racing.
Yep.
mag23
1/24/2011 5:22pm
mag23, interesting theory. Let's see if I can figure this out, if a racer takes a "contender" wide (purposely or not), without causing a crash while...
mag23, interesting theory. Let's see if I can figure this out, if a racer takes a "contender" wide (purposely or not), without causing a crash while contending for position then in return that racer should be expected to be punted off the track. WOW, that theory kind of raises the concept that if you are a "contender" that is somehow not in front, then everyone else should just pull over and let you pass. Is that your definition of racing?
pretty much.... yeah, gtf outta the way, nothing WOW about it... Kinda like getting the blue flag- there's a race goin on, and you ain't in it. If somebody's coming up on you, who's what, 5 seconds a lap faster, don't all of a sudden turn into a tough guy. I promise JC learns more by following Hanny's lines than he does on the wrong side of the first turn.
1/24/2011 5:25pm
mag23, interesting theory. Let's see if I can figure this out, if a racer takes a "contender" wide (purposely or not), without causing a crash while...
mag23 wrote:
pretty much.... yeah, gtf outta the way, nothing WOW about it... Kinda like getting the blue flag- there's a race goin on, and you ain't in...
pretty much.... yeah, gtf outta the way, nothing WOW about it... Kinda like getting the blue flag- there's a race goin on, and you ain't in it. If somebody's coming up on you, who's what, 5 seconds a lap faster, don't all of a sudden turn into a tough guy. I promise JC learns more by following Hanny's lines than he does on the wrong side of the first turn.
I have to agree with mag23, thats a crap move by a non contender, he took it extra wide. Payback by a better racer is a beeeeeehatchhhhhh.
Highsider
1/24/2011 5:28pm
mag23 wrote:
pretty much.... yeah, gtf outta the way, nothing WOW about it... Kinda like getting the blue flag- there's a race goin on, and you ain't in...
Wadded_Up wrote:
I have to agree with mag23, thats a crap move by a non contender, he took it extra wide. Payback by a better racer is a...
I have to agree with mag23, thats a crap move by a non contender, he took it extra wide. Payback by a better racer is a beeeeeehatchhhhhh.
X3
Trent179
1/24/2011 5:30pm
Watch it really close... Jake kind of stands the front end up, making a mistake, and pushes hiself way wide on accident. He looks surprised to see long hair out in the mechanic area with him..... Hansen's payback was perfectly executed, but glad it didn't turn into a head on collision with someone gassing it down the triple.....
jms217
1/24/2011 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2011 5:53pm
he dosen't just take people out he makes them crash out of the race. just like craig at A1 and craig didn't even do anything to him. I think hansen got a little agressive on canada first anyway. that was bullshit how he he tried to take him out over the finish line also he had what was comming to him when canada went wide, but what he did to canada was extremely agresive.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
1/24/2011 5:34pm
jcracer wrote:
socal mx... this is Jake.. obviosly you wernt watching the race at the end becuase i went to the inside in the corner and rolled the...
FIrst post in '11 but a lurker since '07... your my hero!
Trent179
1/24/2011 5:34pm
We'll just have to see how hansen handles hiself next year when he's not competing in a field made up of mainly rookies. As far as I see it, he's like the kid that's been held back a few years and playing the mean bully role.

Post a reply to: Hansens Punt - Cause and Effect

The Latest