Hannah on WTS

JB 19
11/22/2022 6:05pm
JB 19 wrote:
For the guys who think that Hannah is just full of himself watch some of this race and then skip to the 19:30 mark. This interview...
For the guys who think that Hannah is just full of himself watch some of this race and then skip to the 19:30 mark. This interview always had a lasting effect on me as a kid.

bonseff wrote:
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? I am only a little over a minute in, and BAM - Bailey's Hitler stache [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/11/22/578029/s1200_b.jpg[/img]
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

I am only a little over a minute in, and BAM - Bailey's Hitler stache

Keep watching, it'll make you tougher.
bonseff
11/22/2022 6:09pm
I really should have focused on Honda not putting enough gas in the tank
JB 19
11/22/2022 6:11pm
bonseff wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE.

I was joking with you. Sorry for the dry humor. 😅

Yeah, the mid 80's ....crazy times.

The Shop

PFitzG38
11/22/2022 6:18pm
pelted wrote:
In the '80's, his uncle still had a place at Bean, the place with the tower. Mel had a stripped down dune buggy they used to...
In the '80's, his uncle still had a place at Bean, the place with the tower. Mel had a stripped down dune buggy they used to haul the half barrel and pipe up to the spring. That buggy would go just about anywhere.
I don't remember a tower. But I clearly remember a chickenlicks style trophy from Pontiac SX wired to an open carport and a shit ton of used MX tires buried in the dirt standing up to make a fence/border around an old mobile home or mnf. home. My recollection could be a bit foggy though. I know I was on a fairly clapped-out 2-3 yr old 89 CR250 so somewhere in the early 90's. I know we went to the spring with the drum or barrel with a pipe spouting delicious spring water though.

I've been there a couple of times since then. One time I went on a trip with a group of guys that left from Jawbone Cyn. and somehow we ended up at that spring.
bonseff
11/22/2022 6:25pm Edited Date/Time 11/22/2022 6:27pm
bonseff wrote:
IT WAS A JOKE.

JB 19 wrote:
I was joking with you. Sorry for the dry humor. 😅

Yeah, the mid 80's ....crazy times.
All good JB, your post compelled me to watch that legendary race again

And I am also super cynical.
PFitzG38
11/22/2022 6:25pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Time change, standards change, people rarely do. Would spinning a 17 year old trophy girl around to bury her muff in your face on the podium...
Time change, standards change, people rarely do. Would spinning a 17 year old trophy girl around to bury her muff in your face on the podium fly today? Should we crucify bob and the people involved NOW if they were all cool with in back in the day?

Unless I hear from the trophy chick that she wasn’t happy in that moment, I think it’s best that we all look back with a sense of wonder in the way the word was different then, and that the people who lived in those times had different default values…right wrong or indifferent.

For the term about Japanese, it was obviously used in a derogatory manner while our countries were at war, and that meaning still lingers, but I doubt very highly that bob had ill intent by using it in that manner.

With both of those points aside, he does have an off putting persona - which hopefully is all it is - a persona.
olds cool wrote:
According to Bob, she was 18 when that infamous moment happened. The previous year she was there and he asked her her age. She replied then...
According to Bob, she was 18 when that infamous moment happened. The previous year she was there and he asked her her age. She replied then that she was 17. A year later, he did some math.
97 Millville where partying getting wild and a women comes and says my niece wants to b with you. I say she looks pretty young how...
97 Millville where partying getting wild and a women comes and says my niece wants to b with you. I say she looks pretty young how old is she. She says 15 she’s legal in Mn. With parent or legal guardian consent. I,m her legal guardian here. I couldn’t ruin that girl she was the trophy girl. She had a cut off t short that said Trouble and an arrow pointing down with short daisy Duke shorts and supper tan , Norwegian blonde. Mon burning laps with Mike John,s pal from Cal. She showed up to get paid for being the trophy girl. Hot little thing. Remember Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny cash they like or married 14,15 yr old jail bait.
cool story bro. But WTF does that have to do with trucking and hangn' w lot lizards? or an illiterate racing a 125 at all the nats bitd?
alphado
11/23/2022 10:12am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2022 10:13am

Moto Nomad
11/23/2022 12:31pm
JB 19 wrote:
For the guys who think that Hannah is just full of himself watch some of this race and then skip to the 19:30 mark. This interview...
For the guys who think that Hannah is just full of himself watch some of this race and then skip to the 19:30 mark. This interview always had a lasting effect on me as a kid.

bonseff wrote:
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? I am only a little over a minute in, and BAM - Bailey's Hitler stache [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/11/22/578029/s1200_b.jpg[/img]
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

I am only a little over a minute in, and BAM - Bailey's Hitler stache

Weird. I read once that Hitler had a stash like that because when fighting in WWI he couldn't get a gas mask on and almost died.
Lipless
11/23/2022 12:33pm
This is an awesome thread. Especially for us old white dudes.

Please continue.
motomike137
11/23/2022 4:54pm
I find it really entertaining that after all these years good old Buckwheat can still rile people up. He was and still is a master shit stirrer lol.
Lipless
11/24/2022 8:04pm
I find it really entertaining that after all these years good old Buckwheat can still rile people up. He was and still is a master shit...
I find it really entertaining that after all these years good old Buckwheat can still rile people up. He was and still is a master shit stirrer lol.
Yep. Long before the easily offended snowflake days and effeminate males.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
11/24/2022 9:15pm
JB 19 wrote:

Video is mis-titled. That was 1986. I was there as a young lad. Here's some crappy pics I took with a Kodak 110.

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
11/27/2022 9:09am
Magoofan wrote:
Forgot to mention... he talked a little bit about Scott boots and how great they were. I bought a pair of those and they really were...
Forgot to mention... he talked a little bit about Scott boots and how great they were. I bought a pair of those and they really were awesome. Comfortable and super protective. Too bad Scott didn't evolve them .

FGR01 wrote:
They did. It didn't catch on and take off as they hoped. https://motocrossactionmag.com/the-scott-genius-arrives/ [img]https://motocrossactionmag.com/Uploads/Media/News/scott-day-1_0.jpg[/img]
They did. It didn't catch on and take off as they hoped.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/the-scott-genius-arrives/

Interesting.... I have no memory of that. Pretty pricy too for that timeframe (2007).

sandman768
11/27/2022 9:22am Edited Date/Time 11/27/2022 9:23am
About an hr into this one so far….I think maybe Hannah”a larger than life persona is a lot of shtick….a few good nuggets so far…. Did he have a few beers in him? Sounds like he may have hurt Ping”s feelings at one time 😂….
RACERX69
11/27/2022 4:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2022 5:52pm
Bob's wallet...

If you haven't seen the guy race, you'll never understand!!
Mr. Afterbar
11/27/2022 5:53pm
I put off watching the show since I was born in ‘85 and didn’t watch Bob race. Also, the praise he receives at times, I felt was over the top. I do however have a signed Hannah poster from when I met him at a local dealership about 28ish years ago. Show was awesome. Bob is a little “confident”, but I live his DGAF attitude. The whiners in this thread are part of the problem these days. Know what happens when you get offended? Absolutely nothing, so get over it and quit being offended over everything, especially when it’s nothing.
Robbirob25
11/28/2022 10:21am
Magoofan wrote:
Forgot to mention... he talked a little bit about Scott boots and how great they were. I bought a pair of those and they really were...
Forgot to mention... he talked a little bit about Scott boots and how great they were. I bought a pair of those and they really were awesome. Comfortable and super protective. Too bad Scott didn't evolve them .

FGR01 wrote:
They did. It didn't catch on and take off as they hoped. https://motocrossactionmag.com/the-scott-genius-arrives/ [img]https://motocrossactionmag.com/Uploads/Media/News/scott-day-1_0.jpg[/img]
They did. It didn't catch on and take off as they hoped.

https://motocrossactionmag.com/the-scott-genius-arrives/

Magoofan wrote:
Interesting.... I have no memory of that. Pretty pricy too for that timeframe (2007).

I bought a pair from Bevo... Those things were not good. They felt exactly like you think they would! It was like trying to ride in "Muck Boots" like you would wear on a farm, shoveling cow crap. I kept them for a while, and then just chucked them on ebay. I'll be dead and gone before they will ever be worth anything, to a collector.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
12/1/2022 1:08pm

Pure gold!

mark_swart
12/2/2022 11:52am

That show was epic and very entertaining. Bob is like that "crazy old uncle" who gives no effs!  

CalRMX
12/5/2022 2:45pm
887Steve wrote:
Hanna seems pretty racist to me! Do not agree with some of his racial slurs and Ping and GL , just sit there and say nothing...
Hanna seems pretty racist to me! Do not agree with some of his racial slurs and Ping and GL , just sit there and say nothing like scared kids unbelievable!
motokiwi wrote:
Its called banter. Its what people did for a laugh before people started labeling everything as bad

Banter in Australia or New Zealand = casual racism, no need to cover it up. You guys seem to think you can call it banter and it suddenly becomes ok.

One of the most racist people I've met comes from the North Island, Hamilton I think, I thought he was bad until I met his friends, holy s*** were they bad. Kanye West would have been proud

Post a reply to: Hannah on WTS

The Latest