Hannah: The politically incorrect podium interview

PVB
|
PRM31
3/6/2019 3:19pm
Nice! I like him now more than I did back then.
barnett468
3/6/2019 3:51pm
PRM31 wrote:
Nice! I like him now more than I did back then.
Hannah would go off in some interviews, it was great.

3/6/2019 3:58pm
Would love to see some charcter like that today even thou it will never happen.

The Shop

jonesaustin
3/6/2019 3:58pm
Still one of the most awesome guys to watch wide open on an mx bike. Hannah had such a wild, effortless style, still amazing to see.
Middleside
3/6/2019 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2019 4:59pm
That hannah video comments are gold.

I remember on Joe Rogan he was telling a story where the Fox people were yelling cut the mic cut the mic cut the mic. Rogan said there was no way he was cutting the mic. Hed rather get fired. Not his job to be a censor.

Wiff3
3/6/2019 5:48pm
And not one "I'd like to thank Dunlop, Oakley, Fox, Shoei........" comment in the whole interview. That was great!!
newmann
3/6/2019 7:31pm
Good stuff, but rewind to the start for some amazing racing. And the 125 start...holy balls out holeshot.
Sierra Ranger
3/6/2019 8:37pm
The whole podium was awesome- check out the crowd shot. Imagine a time when the riders just had a blast up there.
3/7/2019 12:13am
Hannah standing at the back of riders meeting ....shouting out “Which of you mother f#@Kers is gonna finish second this week ? “ waiting to see who looks around ....

Marty Tripes , drinking contests at New Orleans Supercross , jugs of vodka and orange ..
Hannah loads up Tripes one ...but floats 2 shots of vodka on top on the orange of his ..

Tripes tries his fire water the sticks a finger into Hannah’s jug and gets the big vodka hit ....boom several of these and Hannah had him put away .//

He also would get Pizza delivered to Tripes at supercross races .......
Sierra Ranger
3/7/2019 12:19am
Hannah standing at the back of riders meeting ....shouting out “Which of you mother f#@Kers is gonna finish second this week ? “ waiting to see...
Hannah standing at the back of riders meeting ....shouting out “Which of you mother f#@Kers is gonna finish second this week ? “ waiting to see who looks around ....

Marty Tripes , drinking contests at New Orleans Supercross , jugs of vodka and orange ..
Hannah loads up Tripes one ...but floats 2 shots of vodka on top on the orange of his ..

Tripes tries his fire water the sticks a finger into Hannah’s jug and gets the big vodka hit ....boom several of these and Hannah had him put away .//

These days, Hannah would get 1000 negative comments on Instagram for saying that and various parties would have to issue apologies.
3/7/2019 12:33am
Hannah standing at the back of riders meeting ....shouting out “Which of you mother f#@Kers is gonna finish second this week ? “ waiting to see...

These days, Hannah would get 1000 negative comments on Instagram for saying that and various parties would have to issue apologies.
Another was Texas , heat outdoors ......he nearly lapped them ...had his Mechanic waiting after the finish line with the BBQ going .......

Jumps off hands over the bike jumps behind the Grill and offers food to riders as they finish their last lap ?

Made him look like he had been their for ages ... and self esteem correction for the field !

No one has those balls today ....that’s what made him bankable ! On and off the track .
3/7/2019 1:21am
Bob Hannah was the best, and still is.
He raced in a great era, a bit laid back and all fun.
Times have changed and unfortunately we will never see another Bob Hannah.
3/7/2019 1:39am
Remember Dogger kissing the girl that passed himthe trophy haha good times!
No “I can’t thank thorpartsunlimitedscottdunlop and the man above”
motomike137
3/7/2019 4:35am
Hannah was the Dale Earnhardt of MX. Winning paid the most and that is ALL he cared about.
ATKpilot99
3/7/2019 7:40am
I'm sure there were plenty of people offended by these actions and words . They just didn't have social media or an internet platform to complain about it. I guess they could have taken an ad out in the paper .Smile
plynn41
3/7/2019 12:25pm
"Supercross sucks!"

Hannah was totally unfiltered.
mx_563
3/7/2019 3:12pm
No no, we can't have that. We need more professionalism to attract more sponsors so that more people who don't ride or can't win but are associated with MX can make a career of it. What is that, like a couple hundred people or so? Yes, that will help the thousands (millions?) of fans/consumers who pay to play. My moto experience will not be complete until all the media, fanboys, goggle-guys and also-rans can buy houses and not get their feet muddy in the pits. And if that means riders have to read a list of sponsors on the podium, if that means 2 hours of Monster promotion for every 1 hour of SX coverage, if that means WADA and the FIM need to be involved in the name of "legitimacy", bring it on! Bring it all on. All the bullshit is worth it.

You guys ever see the podium at a GP? So damn professional that the fans can't even get near it. And a bunch of strange old men go around handing out awards and shaking rider's hands. Riders spray champagne on a sparse assembly of team personnel. Professionalism. Thankfully we haven't gotten to that yet Stateside.

Yes, Hannah was and still is a badass.

OK, I feel better now. Carry on.

NATEP231
3/7/2019 4:02pm
Man, sure would be nice to have all that shade around there these days! Trees everywhere back then compared to now
3/7/2019 4:29pm
I'd say its Hannahs era that has bought in all these political correct podium speeches. Think about the age of the team managers, product mangers etc. You really think its the kids of today that are the ones making up the rules for these PC deliveries?
tydog
3/7/2019 5:00pm
Is that Freddie Ephrem in the background? If so, he was the best AMA ref there ever was. RIP Mr Ephrem.
GIwasB4
3/7/2019 5:08pm
NATEP231 wrote:
Man, sure would be nice to have all that shade around there these days! Trees everywhere back then compared to now
Insurance companies suck the life out of everything. Somebody has to pay the lawyers the dipshit's hire.
omalley
3/7/2019 7:14pm
I'd say its Hannahs era that has bought in all these political correct podium speeches. Think about the age of the team managers, product mangers etc...
I'd say its Hannahs era that has bought in all these political correct podium speeches. Think about the age of the team managers, product mangers etc. You really think its the kids of today that are the ones making up the rules for these PC deliveries?
No, it’s the fact that our nation is getting more pussified by the minute, not only getting offended by everything, but proactively LOOKING for shit to get offended by.
Middleside
3/7/2019 7:24pm
I wished Colby Covington raced moto. He'x make Hannah smile
JM485
3/7/2019 8:24pm
mx_563 wrote:
No no, we can't have that. We need more professionalism to attract more sponsors so that more people who don't ride or can't win but are...
No no, we can't have that. We need more professionalism to attract more sponsors so that more people who don't ride or can't win but are associated with MX can make a career of it. What is that, like a couple hundred people or so? Yes, that will help the thousands (millions?) of fans/consumers who pay to play. My moto experience will not be complete until all the media, fanboys, goggle-guys and also-rans can buy houses and not get their feet muddy in the pits. And if that means riders have to read a list of sponsors on the podium, if that means 2 hours of Monster promotion for every 1 hour of SX coverage, if that means WADA and the FIM need to be involved in the name of "legitimacy", bring it on! Bring it all on. All the bullshit is worth it.

You guys ever see the podium at a GP? So damn professional that the fans can't even get near it. And a bunch of strange old men go around handing out awards and shaking rider's hands. Riders spray champagne on a sparse assembly of team personnel. Professionalism. Thankfully we haven't gotten to that yet Stateside.

Yes, Hannah was and still is a badass.

OK, I feel better now. Carry on.

You sir are my hero for the day.

Post a reply to: Hannah: The politically incorrect podium interview

The Latest