Hangtown is cancelled

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2020 8:57 AM

They posted it on their Facebook page. UGH!

|

3/19/2020 8:58 AM

|

3/19/2020 9:00 AM

Soon all the area Qualifiers will be cancelled for LL. Perhaps they will just run the regionals, and the top 8 from them will go to LL. If those can not run, you may see LL canceled this season.

|

3/19/2020 9:18 AM

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear-
But it shouldn’t be a surprise to any of us.

|

3/19/2020 9:20 AM

this summer will be the same as winter, only warm.. there won't be anything to do.

Just sitting here shaking my head.

|

3/19/2020 9:26 AM

NO, I think its BS.

|

3/19/2020 9:32 AM

there facebook post looks pretty official

Photo

|

3/19/2020 9:42 AM

zippytech wrote:

this summer will be the same as winter, only warm.. there won't be anything to do.

Ride man ride! I wish it were warmer right now in Michigan... Get a dualsport bike if you don't have one. There must be all kinds of twisty/turnies around Bethesda

|

3/19/2020 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 9:50 AM

Do you believe everything you read? If it was canceled 2 months before the race, you’d think that every media company would get a press release... yet Mx sports is still taking credentials for applications... right, hangtown Mx has nothing posted about it, Mx sports has nothing posted,

|

3/19/2020 10:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 10:09 AM

Tmick wrote:

Do you believe everything you read? If it was canceled 2 months before the race, you’d think that every media company would get a press release... yet Mx sports is still taking credentials for applications... right, hangtown Mx has nothing posted about it, Mx sports has nothing posted,

It was posted on a DDNMC members page, did they get hacked, it's possible but why? What's the reason? I think something got posted that wasn't supposed to be public yet. I would guess the cancellation of the entire season is coming soon. I made a post about it within a minute or two either way of this one, and mine was there and then gone, not sure why this one was left up. Hangtown is conducted in a state park. I would say no way in hell an event that big will be held in a state property for at least 6 months.

Edit:Actually it is still up on his Facebook page. This photo was posted after the press release, if he was hacked they were thorough.

Photo

|

3/19/2020 10:08 AM

Tmick wrote:

While the timing of it may be earlier than expected, this is accurate.

|

3/19/2020 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 10:12 AM

I would expect the cancellation to come from MX Sports or the AMA rather than a venue taking it into their own hands, wouldn't you?In EVERY other sport that has been postponed or cancelled the sanctioning body or promoter has been the one to make the call and announce it...not the hosting venue. Not saying this couldn't be the case, but it seems rather fishy.

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

3/19/2020 10:15 AM

This is true, have already called and confirmed.

|

3/19/2020 10:19 AM

RandyS wrote:

It was posted on a DDNMC members page, did they get hacked, it's possible but why? What's the reason? I think something got posted that wasn't supposed to be public yet. I would guess the cancellation of the entire season is coming soon. I made a post about it within a minute or two either way of this one, and mine was there and then gone, not sure why this one was left up. Hangtown is conducted in a state park. I would say no way in hell an event that big will be held in a state property for at least 6 months.

Edit:Actually it is still up on his Facebook page. This photo was posted after the press release, if he was hacked they were thorough.

Photo

I believe at this point the plan is for 11 races, and only minus Hangtown. I checked in with DC, and MX Sports is looking at a variety of scheduling options.

Randy, at this point, saying the series is going to be canceled is like me wildly speculating that you’re going out of business. It’s not particularly productive.

|

3/19/2020 10:20 AM

Of course it is cancelled, I was going. sad

|

3/19/2020 10:22 AM

newmann wrote:

Of course it is cancelled, I was going. sad

Ah, so you’re the little black cloud. 😏

|

3/19/2020 10:25 AM

Tmick wrote:

RandyS wrote:

Photo

GuyB wrote:

I believe at this point the plan is for 11 races, and only minus Hangtown. I checked in with DC, and MX Sports is looking at a variety of scheduling options.

Randy, at this point, saying the series is going to be canceled is like me wildly speculating that you’re going out of business. It’s not particularly productive.

Fair enough, that is only my opinion, make your own judgement on any plans you may have for the summer. As I said in my post "I would guess".

|

3/19/2020 10:28 AM

I might ram my head into a concrete wall at full speed if they decide to cancel both the Denver supercross AND motocross!

|

3/19/2020 10:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2020 10:29 AM

And some of you swear SX is coming back this year grin

|

3/19/2020 10:31 AM

I'm guessing the Nationals will start later and run later...than usual...and then, after that...we pick-up on SX and maybe run thru MEC...?

But, hey, that's just me...speculating...with a positive attitude.

How about a MX Final that's somewhat "SuperMotocross"....like a Vegas Race that's even more MX and a little less SX than usual...?
We could have it out at The Las Vegas Speedway. Then we could have a n RC Amateur SX/SX Futures race for a few days...?
After that you could have a SX "make-up" race at the same venue.
2 weekends...one load of dirt & sand.
Hell, make it 3 weekends -IF needed?

I just want races, smiles and plenty of Moto.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/19/2020 10:31 AM

We are living through history guys. This will literally be talked about forever. Entire sports world just put on hold for who knows how long.

|

3/19/2020 10:43 AM

zippytech wrote:

Ride

|

3/19/2020 10:50 AM

zippytech wrote:

motomad724 wrote:

Ride man ride! I wish it were warmer right now in Michigan... Get a dualsport bike if you don't have one. There must be all kinds of twisty/turnies around Bethesda

We are doing just that, riding this Friday. Good times.

|

3/19/2020 10:55 AM

zippytech wrote:

Excaliburbmx wrote:

Ride

I agree, but let's hope tracks are able to stay open. My local track in NJ is limited to 50 riders each day. They sell spots in advance for 50 bucks (usually 35).

|

3/19/2020 10:56 AM

motomad724 wrote:

Would love to but it has not stopped raining for days.

|

3/19/2020 10:58 AM

disbanded wrote:

I might ram my head into a concrete wall at full speed if they decide to cancel both the Denver supercross AND motocross!

Strap a helmet on friendo.

|

3/19/2020 11:10 AM

Maybe we'll finally get that Trans AMA reboot this fall . . .

Stay well everyone, and consider others.

|

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

3/19/2020 11:20 AM

Tmick wrote:

Photo
|

3/19/2020 11:24 AM

MauriceR wrote:

there facebook post looks pretty official

Photo

Gotta applaud Dirt Diggers for getting out in front and not leaving everybody wondering!

|

3/19/2020 11:26 AM

So bummed about this. We were finally able to go this year. My parents bought VIP tickets for them, my wife and I and my sister and her boyfriend to all go together. This sucks!!!! sad

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals