Hangtown Track Prep

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 5/23/2016 7:13pm
I loved how the track turned out. It got rough and choppy and it was slick and tricky in places but it also really allowed riders to move around and change lines a lot. I think it should be a trend that they don't rip the tracks so deep. The endless ruts that develop at many of the tracks suck imho.
|
Frodad78
5/23/2016 8:55am
I say they mix up the prep work depending on the track. I agree they don't all have to be a rut fest.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/23/2016 9:42am
Overall i thought the track great and an improvement over the past few years. dont get me wrong i love loam but i think the hardpack is a nice change given that 90% of the circuit will be loamy
Ted722
5/23/2016 9:59am
Overall i thought the track great and an improvement over the past few years. dont get me wrong i love loam but i think the hardpack...
Overall i thought the track great and an improvement over the past few years. dont get me wrong i love loam but i think the hardpack is a nice change given that 90% of the circuit will be loamy
I'll always think of hardpack as Hangtown, Carlsbad, Saddleback circa 1980's. M22's on the blue groove!

I heard some use the term hardbase (not plowed so deep). Regardless, just shows that I'm old! Smile
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/23/2016 10:01am
I liked the track

The Shop

5/23/2016 10:04am
But ripping it deep is the only way a track will hold much moisture. And dust is not only annoying to spectators/neighbors it makes an already dangerous enough sport that much more dangerous. I know this wasn't a problem in the olden days, but we were much tougher back then.
motomike137
5/23/2016 10:38am
But ripping it deep is the only way a track will hold much moisture. And dust is not only annoying to spectators/neighbors it makes an already...
But ripping it deep is the only way a track will hold much moisture. And dust is not only annoying to spectators/neighbors it makes an already dangerous enough sport that much more dangerous. I know this wasn't a problem in the olden days, but we were much tougher back then.
There has to be a happy medium. Obviously we don't want to see a dust bowl but many times the last few years they get carried away. I've been at Red Bud when the 450's were struggling to plow through it and it isn't much fun to watch especially when they have to pick a rut and stay in it for 100 yards at a time.
imoto31
5/23/2016 11:07am
reminded me of a gp track... just sayin"...
DoctorJD
5/23/2016 11:12am
I loved how the track turned out. It got rough and choppy and it was slick and tricky in places but it also really allowed riders...
I loved how the track turned out. It got rough and choppy and it was slick and tricky in places but it also really allowed riders to move around and change lines a lot. I think it should be a trend that they don't rip the tracks so deep. The endless ruts that develop at many of the tracks suck imho.
I was thinking the same thing Saturday. The riders seemed to be able to utilize a lot more of the track than when they're playing slot-car racer.

5/23/2016 1:15pm
"Errmahgerd, dust and square edge bumps. I didn't test for these conditions. The worst Hangtown I've ever ridden. The track was crap." was what I got out of listening to rider interviews.

What has happened to our beloved sport of motocross? Piss poor standards compared to the last 5 years, primo conditions the 45 years before it. Rain or not, there was nothing wrong with that track.
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
5/23/2016 1:29pm
I love seeing these amazing riders challenged and the roughness of the track last year looked challenging so I was looking forward to seeing that again. Because of that I was disappointed when I saw practice and how little they ripped it knowing that the track wouldn't be as rough because of that. But knowing that the track was prepped a certain way because thunderstorms were expected explained why it is was different this year and people saying that not every track should be perfectly deep loam to give the series variety make a good point.

I was surprised at the number of 450s that weren't jumping the Fly 150. Shows that the track was even more challenging than it looked.
Paw Paw 271
5/23/2016 7:02pm
I loved the track and the track prep. It was real MX again for a change. It make for much better racing and more competition.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: Hangtown Track Prep

The Latest