Hangtown Roll Call

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 2:49 PM

Ok so who is all going to Hangtown? In the last 22 years I think I’ve missed going to the race 2 times. Dwayne are you going again? If so bring the easy up and I will buy some beers for you.

|

4/19/2018 3:18 PM

I’ll be moving to SoCal for the summer. So I’ll be there!

|

4/19/2018 3:59 PM

See you there

|

4/19/2018 4:07 PM

I'll be there, most likely racing amateur day again as well. See ya there.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

4/19/2018 4:10 PM

I won't be there, but my parents and sister will be

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/19/2018 4:25 PM

I’m coming down with 4 friends from the pnw, first time for three of them, it’ll be my 10th time.

|

4/19/2018 4:30 PM

For sure Hangtown.

Planning to head over to the Sacramento Mile too.

Opening Ceremonies - 6:00 pm
AFT Singles - (15 Laps) - 8:10 pm
AFT Twins Race - (25 Laps) - 9:00 pm

|

4/19/2018 4:32 PM

I was thinking of going. (Wednesday through Sunday.)

|

4/19/2018 4:51 PM

Anyone know how well the handicapped viewing is? I haven't been back in many years but heard it was all re-done. I'm considering going with my fiance and a few buddies from work but it's hard to beat relaxing at the house with my own drinks/snacks/bathroom if the view in person is shitty.

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

4/19/2018 7:47 PM

GuyB wrote:

I was thinking of going. (Wednesday through Sunday.)

Really? Is it your first time? I've never seen you there before. Lol.

|

4/19/2018 7:54 PM

yzken250x wrote:

Really? Is it your first time? I've never seen you there before. Lol.

laughing
|

4/19/2018 9:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2018 9:43 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

Anyone know how well the handicapped viewing is? I haven't been back in many years but heard it was all re-done. I'm considering going with my fiance and a few buddies from work but it's hard to beat relaxing at the house with my own drinks/snacks/bathroom if the view in person is shitty.

If it's in the same place that usually is the handicap viewing is really good. Can see 3/4 of the track. Shaded too.

|

4/19/2018 10:34 PM

That’s my home track. I’ll be there!

|

4/20/2018 1:46 AM

Im going solo. Itll be my second one.

|

4/20/2018 7:41 AM

We’ll be camping and racing amateur day with at least 5 of us

|

4/20/2018 8:40 AM

ProKawi24 wrote:

The location is great,its covered and you can see the whole track but, I have never been able to get my handicap son in there. To many people standing around drinking beers.

|

4/20/2018 9:03 AM

yzken250x wrote:

Ok so who is all going to Hangtown? In the last 22 years I think I’ve missed going to the race 2 times. Dwayne are you going again? If so bring the easy up and I will buy some beers for you.

Not gonna make it this year, have a great time.

Plan on going to Glen Helen National Thursday - Sunday Morning.

|

4/20/2018 9:18 AM

Good event to go to. There are some good viewing places that you can see alot of the track.

I went in 2013 when Courtney Duncan won the women's race on the 2 stroke. The crowd was nuts during that race.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

4/20/2018 10:05 AM

Last time i was there was 2007 when James and RC squared off and it was so incredible to watch.... i recently moved back to norcal and will definitely be there this year!!

|

4/20/2018 10:42 AM

In. Amateur day too. Brother, friend, two adult children with me on Pro day.

|

4/20/2018 10:50 AM

SwingHard wrote:

The location is great,its covered and you can see the whole track but, I have never been able to get my handicap son in there. To many people standing around drinking beers.

Yeah that's kind of what worries me. Don't want to get there and deal with the assholes standing in front of me the whole time or people not moving out of the way. I used to ride there 2-3 times a week before my accident but as a spectator now in a chair it's kind of tough. It's come a long way since 2001 at least.

|

4/20/2018 3:21 PM

ProKawi24 wrote:

SwingHard wrote:

ProKawi24 wrote:

Yeah that's kind of what worries me. Don't want to get there and deal with the assholes standing in front of me the whole time or people not moving out of the way. I used to ride there 2-3 times a week before my accident but as a spectator now in a chair it's kind of tough. It's come a long way since 2001 at least.

Carl? Carl Madson is that you? Holy **** if this is you...

|

Realtor/ Moto dad/ from Sacramento CA —> Coeur d’Alene ID

4/20/2018 4:01 PM

SwingHard wrote:

ProKawi24 wrote:

Racer331 wrote:

Yeah it's me smile

|

4/21/2018 12:29 AM

ProKawi24 wrote:

Yeah it's me smile

Dude, I raced with you on 80s when I was in CA. You probably wouldn’t remember me. Last name Hartwig.
I actually saw your accident at Arco. You were the practice before mine. I just see you shoot over the berm and land upside down against the 98 rock banner. Terrifying. Then you kinda disappeared? Look for ya on MySpace throughout the years. I know you raced RC cars, my buddy Ronnie Holt and Andrew gillahan both knew ya from that scene. what the hell have you been up to dude? Good to talk to you again

|

Realtor/ Moto dad/ from Sacramento CA —> Coeur d’Alene ID

4/21/2018 12:44 AM

I'll be there Saturday with my son and some buddies, we're staying at the Residence Inn in Folsom Friday and Saturday. Planning on riding Sunday at Diablo Mx if it's open.

|

4/21/2018 1:25 AM

What time do you guys plan on getting there? Last year I got there around 10am and all the good spots on the big hill were taken.

|

4/21/2018 10:38 AM

Racer331 wrote:

ProKawi24 wrote:

Yeah it's me smile

Racer331 wrote:

Dude, I raced with you on 80s when I was in CA. You probably wouldn’t remember me. Last name Hartwig.
I actually saw your accident at Arco. You were the practice before mine. I just see you shoot over the berm and land upside down against the 98 rock banner. Terrifying. Then you kinda disappeared? Look for ya on MySpace throughout the years. I know you raced RC cars, my buddy Ronnie Holt and Andrew gillahan both knew ya from that scene. what the hell have you been up to dude? Good to talk to you again

Yeah dude I'm pretty sure I remember your name, it was a great competitive 80 class we had in nor-cal back then. I jumped that catapult double and was pinned going into that next turn but realized at the last second my throttle was stuck. Tried to pull the clutch and slam the brakes but it was too late and I had too much momentum so it threw me over the berm and into the wall. Broke 6 vertebra, arm, some ribs and sternum. Spent a month in the hospital with 2 back surgeries, arm surgery, unfortunately left me paralyzed waist-down. I disappeared because it was too painful to be at the track and not be able to ride. It was awesome getting into R/C car racing to sort of itch the scratch but the scene kind of died a few years back. I live in Folsom now with my fiance and work as a loan processor for mortgage & equity loans. I've always followed Pro SX/MX every week since my accident, I still love it and would ride again if I walked tomorrow.

If you have facebook just search for carlmadsen24 I always wondered what happened with the guys I used to race with, it's good to hear from you dude.

|