Hangtown Practice Streaming at 10 a.m. (1 p.m. ET)

DC
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2013 7:57pm
Okay, we're trying something else new here: besides the motos from Hangtown, which will be streaming live on www.allisports.com and the NBC Sports Extra site -- http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/ -- one hour or so of practice will go up tomorrow morning, beginning at 10 a.m. Go to the site above and scroll down to where the programming is listed, and then sign up and click "watch it live" when it's set to begin. It should look something like this....

We are hoping everything works well and smoothy -- first-race jitters -- and it may not be available on some systems, so please check it out early if you can.

Thanks to NBC Universal and Alli Sports for trying to take a big step here for fans at home.

DC
MX Sports
|
426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
5/17/2013 2:42pm
This.....is......AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks DC!

Will this continue if successful?
5/17/2013 2:44pm
DC wrote:
Okay, we're trying something else new here: besides the motos from Hangtown, which will be streaming live on www.allisports.com and the NBC Sports Extra site --...
Okay, we're trying something else new here: besides the motos from Hangtown, which will be streaming live on www.allisports.com and the NBC Sports Extra site -- http://stream.nbcsports.com/liveextra/ -- one hour or so of practice will go up tomorrow morning, beginning at 10 a.m. Go to the site above and scroll down to where the programming is listed, and then sign up and click "watch it live" when it's set to begin. It should look something like this....

We are hoping everything works well and smoothy -- first-race jitters -- and it may not be available on some systems, so please check it out early if you can.

Thanks to NBC Universal and Alli Sports for trying to take a big step here for fans at home.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks
426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
5/17/2013 2:51pm
Shit....I have to figure out how to finish this garden I have been working on for my wife by 1PM....damn.

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
5/17/2013 2:54pm
Fantastic!
Thanks,DC.
Looking forward to checking it out.
5/17/2013 3:05pm
Fuaaark that's what im talking about. Thanks allot for the full and most of all FREE coverage.

Suck it Giuseppe!
DrSweden
5/17/2013 3:05pm
Goosebumps!!! I hope wife and kiddo will be understanding tomorrow when this is aired! Grinning
BobbyM
5/17/2013 3:19pm
DC wrote:
Okay, we're trying something else new here: besides the motos from Hangtown, which will be streaming live on www.allisports.com and the NBC Sports Extra site --...

DC
MX Sports
TITS!! Thanks DC
markit
5/17/2013 3:44pm
Thanks DC, I went to the sight but didnt see a sign in link?
Rasmus99
5/17/2013 3:47pm
When reading faq's it seems like the live stream wont be avaliable unless you have a subscription?

" Q: What is required for access to view "Live Streaming" video content?

A: You can access live streams of EVERY NBCSports event, with a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription that includes NBCSN. There is no additional charge for this service, simply login to NBCSports Live Extra using the Username and Password you use on your providers website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information contact your service provider."
Neutra
5/17/2013 3:55pm
My wife is going to hate me ALL day now! Ah!
DownSouth
5/17/2013 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 4:01pm
Rasmus99 wrote:
When reading faq's it seems like the live stream wont be avaliable unless you have a subscription? " Q: What is required for access to view...
When reading faq's it seems like the live stream wont be avaliable unless you have a subscription?

" Q: What is required for access to view "Live Streaming" video content?

A: You can access live streams of EVERY NBCSports event, with a cable, satellite or telco TV subscription that includes NBCSN. There is no additional charge for this service, simply login to NBCSports Live Extra using the Username and Password you use on your providers website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information contact your service provider."
Before the international crowd gets ahead of themselves it may not be viewable outside the US. And like you mentioned it states you have to be a subscriber to a cable/satellite provider that carries NBC Sports network.

*Is NBC Sports Live Extra available internationally?
Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com.

It seems they may be referring to actual televised events on NBC networks not being available overseas to for online viewing.

However the practice is not televised so maybe it will be viewable online to those outside the US. I guess we will all have to wait and see.
trailhopper
5/17/2013 4:02pm
Looks like you have to have an existing TV service provider to make an account. Doesn't list Direct TV or Time Warner. WTH
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
5/17/2013 4:07pm
So do we have to have a tv service at home in order to use the NBC Sports stream?
DownSouth
5/17/2013 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 4:14pm
It seems to work if you have the right TV provider. I have Comcast/Xfinity and managed to get signed in and am testing it out on a hockey game. The picture looks pretty good so far and I do not have super high speed internet speeds.
thebleakness
5/17/2013 4:09pm
So all 4 motos will be on allisports.com? Will I need to do anything to get those streams or are they free? I don't get NBCsports so that whole option is gone.
trailhopper
5/17/2013 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 4:10pm
Quote: "So do we have to have a tv service at home in order to use the NBC Sports stream?"

Sure seems that way to me but I have been retarded B4.
tbanks
5/17/2013 4:14pm
So all 4 motos will be on allisports.com? Will I need to do anything to get those streams or are they free? I don't get NBCsports...
So all 4 motos will be on allisports.com? Will I need to do anything to get those streams or are they free? I don't get NBCsports so that whole option is gone.
It should be all free. Allisports is pretty simple, no username or password required.
ab5772
5/17/2013 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 4:20pm
Looks like you have to have an existing TV service provider to make an account. Doesn't list Direct TV or Time Warner. WTH
Correct. It doesn't work for DirecTV customers. I was hoping to be able to use the NBC Sports app for my phone, but I don't have an approved provider.

But, the Allisports site should work for anyone with a pc.
DownSouth
5/17/2013 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 5:23pm
So all 4 motos will be on allisports.com? Will I need to do anything to get those streams or are they free? I don't get NBCsports...
I think you should be good on Alli for the motos.

I am not sure how the video feed from Alli will work this year yet. Last year you had to download and install the Silverlight player to view the races. We will all get to see how it will be set up tomorrow.
ford832
5/17/2013 4:19pm
Quote: "So do we have to have a tv service at home in order to use the NBC Sports stream?" Sure seems that way to me...
Quote: "So do we have to have a tv service at home in order to use the NBC Sports stream?"

Sure seems that way to me but I have been retarded B4.
I just tried the Sens game to ck it out and that was what i got.You have to have the service provider to get it-so if you have it on your TV,then you can have it on your computer too.That's fine but if i could actually get it,I'd watch on TV.I got all excited for nothing I guess.Oh well,good stuff for those that want to watch on their comp and already have it I guess.
MxPro318
5/17/2013 4:21pm
Amazing news! I can't believe every race live practice and all. Historic season, I just hope the network can handle the flood (online that is).
ab5772
5/17/2013 4:23pm
Does anyone know of an easy way to record streaming video on my computer? I have my DVR set for the first motos on Fuel, but I will be away from my computer in the afternoon during 2nd motos.
tombugg
5/17/2013 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2013 5:18pm
This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I will get NOTHING done tomorrow.. That is unless RV grabs a holie and checks out.. Praying for a race and not a parade..
tiddlermx23
5/17/2013 5:22pm
ab5772 wrote:
Does anyone know of an easy way to record streaming video on my computer? I have my DVR set for the first motos on Fuel, but...
Does anyone know of an easy way to record streaming video on my computer? I have my DVR set for the first motos on Fuel, but I will be away from my computer in the afternoon during 2nd motos.
And does anyone know approximately what time moto 2 is coming on the website? Damn works screwing me outta awesome coverage tomorrow
superorbital
5/17/2013 7:55pm
I just downloaded the NBC app for my iPad and it shows that hang town is scheduled to play tomorrow. Awesome. I just informed my wife that the rest of the summer on Saturdays I will be unavailable and that I will be drinking beer all day. Good times!
wydopen
5/18/2013 6:07am
does anybody know if the motos will be available to watch on alli sports after the live stream on youtube or something?? going riding and dont want to miss the second motos..
Crush
5/18/2013 6:13am
People who bag on DC and MXsports are fucked...

Improvements every year... Love it

Post a reply to: Hangtown Practice Streaming at 10 a.m. (1 p.m. ET)

The Latest