Hangtown 1st Timers.

Detroit Dick
Brothers and Sisters, my son, (Harlan, 8) and I will be attending the MX National at Hangtown!!!!!, and it is our first visit to the facility. Any tips, advice,random observations you'd care to share that might enhance our experience would be most appreciated....

best viewing spots?
parking?
can't miss stuff?

etc.....

THANKS!
|
KMC440
5/15/2018 11:23am
Be lathered up in sunscreen, have your sisters bring umbrellas (the big golf ones work great). Last time I was there in '91 it was damp I doubt you'll have that issue.
5/15/2018 12:33pm
Weather is looking pretty good as of right now. 84 for the high (which it won't even hit that until 4 or 5pm) and partly cloudy. Bring your cooler with drinks, food. Anything but glass bottles or alcohol. Lots of sunscreen, umbrellas, camp chair. I recommend sitting on the west side of the track, that way the sun is directly above or behind you by the time the motos start, not looking into the glare. From that hillside you can literally see 95% of the track. Only the top of Oak Tree hill, and the far south tip of the track are out of sight from there. In previous years they had the pits open to everyone from 9-12 or 10-12 depending on the year. Not sure if that is happening this year or not... Have fun!!!

Post a reply to: Hangtown 1st Timers.

The Latest