Handle bar and lever positions?

biondo
Hi y’all just wondering what is best position for bars on my 2020 250rmz ? Also should levers be at angled down or in a parallel to ground position? For Mx track
Thanks for the input...
|
Chance1216
9/5/2020 9:31pm
My clutch lever is parallel with the ground. Brake lever is at about a 30* angle. I set it up the same on any bike I’ve owned.
KMC440
9/5/2020 9:40pm
Looking from the bar end ... 4 o'clock brake ... 8 o'clock clutch.
biondo
9/5/2020 10:25pm
KMC440 wrote:
Thanks..what about the position of bars in clamp ? Positive or negative markings on clamp. Or handle bars tilted forward or back...it was set at 0 ...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/5/2020 10:28pm
KMC440 wrote:
biondo wrote:
Thanks..what about the position of bars in clamp ? Positive or negative markings on clamp. Or handle bars tilted forward or back...it was set at 0...
Thanks..what about the position of bars in clamp ? Positive or negative markings on clamp. Or handle bars tilted forward or back...it was set at 0 ...
How tall are you and where are you riding mostly?

The Shop

KMC440
9/5/2020 11:00pm
I'm 6'2" , bars forward and honestly everyone is different but my position is a pretty standard place to start. Have fun. 👍
chump6784
9/5/2020 11:25pm
It's really personal opinion. I sit in the attack position with elbows up. I put my fingers on the brake and clutch lever and make a straight line from my fingers to my elbows. Bars are run just in the forward side of the 0 line
tobz
9/5/2020 11:29pm
What ever is comfortable for you my man. Start neutral and play around with it from there.
9/5/2020 11:50pm
Never run your bar angled forward of the fork angle. Makes the front end twitchy and puts your arms in a weird position. I run mine tilted back about 5* from the fork angle.
js451
9/5/2020 11:55pm
Crack the bolts opened a little bit on the bars and slightly move them forward and back. You should be able to feel when they are too far on way or another.

Same with the levers crack the bolts a little bit and move them forward and back until they feel right. You’ll be surprised at how you will end up back in the same position each time just from feel
CPR
9/6/2020 4:52am
chump6784 wrote:
It's really personal opinion. I sit in the attack position with elbows up. I put my fingers on the brake and clutch lever and make a...
It's really personal opinion. I sit in the attack position with elbows up. I put my fingers on the brake and clutch lever and make a straight line from my fingers to my elbows. Bars are run just in the forward side of the 0 line
This is a good starting point.
Bar position will depend on the bend you run and your height (I.e. your arm length).

On sand tracks, lift your levers from your standard position because you spend more time over the back of the bike.
biondo
9/6/2020 7:29am
KMC440 wrote:
biondo wrote:
Thanks..what about the position of bars in clamp ? Positive or negative markings on clamp. Or handle bars tilted forward or back...it was set at 0...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Thanks...Just starting to ride Mx tracks...previously just trails and desert..
The jumps are my weak point as in overcoming the Fear...of A bad landing 🤪
Ridden Cahuilla track in SoCal a couple times...great track! But there is a couple doubles that I Fear on the main track!
I’m thinking maybe the bar and lever might change my position as I’m landing nose down 😢or maybe just more Balls and throttle might be the problem🤠
kb228
9/6/2020 7:31am
I like mine at 11 oclock for when im deep in the tuck
BeachMX
9/6/2020 8:04am
biondo wrote:
Thanks...Just starting to ride Mx tracks...previously just trails and desert.. The jumps are my weak point as in overcoming the Fear...of A bad landing 🤪 Ridden...
Ridden Cahuilla track in SoCal a couple times...great track! But there is a couple doubles that I Fear on the main track!
I’m thinking maybe the bar and lever might change my position as I’m landing nose down 😢or maybe just more Balls and throttle might be the problem🤠
I pretty much ride only track, and my levers are down quite a bit. Keeps me in the attack position(elbows up) and forward on the bike. It was uncomfortable at first, but now feels totally normal. Bar angle is standard.

You're right! Cahuilla is super fun!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
9/6/2020 9:17am
biondo wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
biondo wrote:
Thanks...Just starting to ride Mx tracks...previously just trails and desert.. The jumps are my weak point as in overcoming the Fear...of A bad landing 🤪 Ridden...
Cahuilla being softer you’ll want to keep your bars at the zero mark or rolled back just a small bit. Levers, I keep mine just under straight parallel to the ground. Never point them down. Having them up will make it easier for you to grab them without having your hands blow off the bars if you hit a bump too hard.

If you’re riding a more hard pack track, roll your bars back towards you a bit more. Maybe even to the 1 mark. Like Bryan said above, NEVER put your bars farther forward than in line with the forks!! I cringe every time I see bars set like that.
biondo
9/6/2020 11:31am
chump6784 wrote:
It's really personal opinion. I sit in the attack position with elbows up. I put my fingers on the brake and clutch lever and make a...
CPR wrote:
This is a good starting point. Bar position will depend on the bend you run and your height (I.e. your arm length). On sand tracks, lift...
This is a good starting point.
Bar position will depend on the bend you run and your height (I.e. your arm length).

On sand tracks, lift your levers from your standard position because you spend more time over the back of the bike.
Thanks !! I will set up per your instructions for next track day 🤠

Post a reply to: Handle bar and lever positions?

The Latest