Hampshire vs AC 92

Jerkolantern
1/7/2019 6:33am
A statement your wife has made many times, I'm sure.. It's an opinion, Adam seemed to think it was too dirty, and if you watch the post race video Hampshire even says "maybe" it was... That's saying a lot. More than us here at vital could ever say, so yeah, I'd say it was a bit dirty, not exactly Reed torpedoing steawart bad, but it wasn't as clean as 92's pass in the previous corner IN MY OPINION!
BenG
1/7/2019 6:53am
A statement your wife has made many times, I'm sure.. It's an opinion, Adam seemed to think it was too dirty, and if you watch the...
A statement your wife has made many times, I'm sure.. It's an opinion, Adam seemed to think it was too dirty, and if you watch the post race video Hampshire even says "maybe" it was... That's saying a lot. More than us here at vital could ever say, so yeah, I'd say it was a bit dirty, not exactly Reed torpedoing steawart bad, but it wasn't as clean as 92's pass in the previous corner IN MY OPINION!
RJ's pass wasn't meant to be clean. It was a statement, don't run into me just because you're faster. I also don't think AC will retaliate unless he has to. If it is between that and the points then maybe.
Jerkolantern
1/7/2019 6:56am
A statement your wife has made many times, I'm sure.. It's an opinion, Adam seemed to think it was too dirty, and if you watch the...
BenG wrote:
RJ's pass wasn't meant to be clean. It was a statement, don't run into me just because you're faster. I also don't think AC will retaliate...
RJ's pass wasn't meant to be clean. It was a statement, don't run into me just because you're faster. I also don't think AC will retaliate unless he has to. If it is between that and the points then maybe.
I agree, on both accounts. RJ was pissed Adam made an aggressive pass, and took him out, and I also think Adams mind is on the title, something I believe is out of touch for RJ....
walleyeguy
1/7/2019 6:58am
4csHATER wrote:
are you upset with hampshire?
731chopper wrote:
It doesn’t affect my life but I think Adam made an aggressive block pass where as RJ crossed the line between a block pass and a...
It doesn’t affect my life but I think Adam made an aggressive block pass where as RJ crossed the line between a block pass and a takeout.
Yep. AC made a good block pass. RJ made a 100% take out.

The Shop

Ray_MXS
1/7/2019 7:02am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2019 7:03am
Adams move was rougher than it looked because RJ anticipated it and checked up early (almost went down anyway). AC for some reason didn't anticipate a comeback and went both high and wide, leaving the door open. Sure it looked worse because AC went down but if he'd anticipated the move like he should, he would've checked up and cut back under. It's a move we've seen in supercross for decades and one that AC is gonna have to master if he wanna be champ.
gt80rider
1/7/2019 7:07am
ktmdan wrote:
Yeah I really like AC but he had that one comin. Good on Hampshire.
Jack diddly heat race in the little class, at the first race of the season, and AC had it coming???

Ozzy had it right, last lap for the championship, Hampshire got it wrong. Now Hamp has payback coming, and he wants to be a title contender? The right way would have been not to have been riding so slow as to have been passed in the first place. Not a good look getting passed, then having to hack the dude to get him back, and certainly not what a champion looks like...
Csb146
1/7/2019 7:19am
TJ 755 wrote:
[url=https://imgflip.com/i/2qk66a][img]https://i.imgflip.com/2qk66a.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/url]
I can't disagree. I realize it's the first race of the year, but after watching A1 this year and going off the rest of his career I honestly don't think Adam will ever win a championship. He is unbelievably fast, but just cannot chill out.
1/7/2019 7:20am
Both passes were too aggressive because they happened well past the apex. If you ride up into the berm/corner to meet the opposing rider who's already committed and accelerating out, leaving him no room, then it's dirty... Or at the very least poor judgement.

The difference from a "moral' perspective for want of a better word, is that RJ was somewhat justified in the retaliation. I like AC but there were always going to be consequences from a pass like that.
TXDirt
1/7/2019 8:22am
That's racing. Loved both passes.
wanglimp
1/7/2019 8:30am
I am not sure if this was asked already because I am too lazy to read all the posts. Watching the broadcast I could hear the crowd get loud; that was right after they showed AC on the rear wheel of Hampshire. Shortly after the crowd got loud they cut back to AC and there was a much bigger gap to Hampshire. Shortly after that, the first block pass happened. Can anyone that was there, potentially watching those guys, shed some light? I think there is more to the story than AC aggressively block passing and RJ getting pissed.
psg119
1/7/2019 9:05am
Re watched the race this morning. If I were RJ I'd hope AC starts infront of me, or far enough back he can't catch me.. Because...
Re watched the race this morning. If I were RJ I'd hope AC starts infront of me, or far enough back he can't catch me.. Because I doubt AC let's RJ stay up next time. And he's clearly fast enough to catch hm from behind.
They are both fast enough to put the same move on each other in every race in the future if they are close enough and wanted to. I don't think it would be in either riders best interest to continue doing so though. It could definitely as we saw hinder results or worse yet cause each other injury. AC made a bad move, RJ let him know how he felt about it in the next corner. It was awesome, now they should move on.
feelit2morrow
Fantasy
524th
1/7/2019 9:13am
psg119 wrote:
They are both fast enough to put the same move on each other in every race in the future if they are close enough and wanted...
They are both fast enough to put the same move on each other in every race in the future if they are close enough and wanted to. I don't think it would be in either riders best interest to continue doing so though. It could definitely as we saw hinder results or worse yet cause each other injury. AC made a bad move, RJ let him know how he felt about it in the next corner. It was awesome, now they should move on.
AC won't retaliate unless he needs to moving forward. He's got the #1 plate on his mind. RJ's only shot at that plate is if the 4-5 guys better than him have really, really bad years.
psg119
1/7/2019 9:16am
AC won't retaliate unless he needs to moving forward. He's got the #1 plate on his mind. RJ's only shot at that plate is if the...
AC won't retaliate unless he needs to moving forward. He's got the #1 plate on his mind. RJ's only shot at that plate is if the 4-5 guys better than him have really, really bad years.
Maybe. Time will tell. I'm sure all the top guys have the #1 plate in mind though.
early
Fantasy
2231st
1/7/2019 9:21am
AC would have had an easy race if he hadn't blown the first turn like a squid.
tingo
1/7/2019 10:23am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2019 10:43am
AC didn't have to block pass RJ; he could have easily stayed in the lower rut....but he didn't, he chose to cut across the corner to make contact. RJ then had serious motivation to do the same. Payback is a bitch. Thankfully, nobody got hurt like Roczen did in his little skirmish with Webb last year.
FlaNard
1/7/2019 1:52pm
As someone who is rooting for AC to take the title I had no issue with it. Good racing from the 250's as usual.
1/7/2019 6:48pm
Any racer worth their salt would have returned serve like RJ. Text book. Show your kids this is how it's done on payback.
wanglimp
1/8/2019 7:51pm
Everyone keeps talking about the first block pass from AC. As I mentioned before I think something else happened before that. Now in the Good, Bad and Ugly article there is a picture with both of them getting back on their bikes. I assume no one knows what happened before that first televised block pass by AC.
mb60
1/8/2019 8:14pm
AC is my favorite 250 but it's looking like he will never win a title. Maybe he has mental block that causes these mistakes.
KG171
1/8/2019 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 8:30pm
wanglimp wrote:
I am not sure if this was asked already because I am too lazy to read all the posts. Watching the broadcast I could hear the...
I am not sure if this was asked already because I am too lazy to read all the posts. Watching the broadcast I could hear the crowd get loud; that was right after they showed AC on the rear wheel of Hampshire. Shortly after the crowd got loud they cut back to AC and there was a much bigger gap to Hampshire. Shortly after that, the first block pass happened. Can anyone that was there, potentially watching those guys, shed some light? I think there is more to the story than AC aggressively block passing and RJ getting pissed.
Noticed that too, clearly shows they both went down in the good bad n ugly article.
gnarwhip
1/8/2019 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 8:41pm
I like AC, but he needs to stop playing the ‘don’t you know who I am’ card, and just race some dirt bikes straight up. Go earn that shit. It’s the only way.
gnarwhip
1/8/2019 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2019 8:40pm
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
1/8/2019 9:00pm
gnarwhip wrote:
I like AC, but he needs to stop playing the ‘don’t you know who I am’ card, and just race some dirt bikes straight up. Go...
I like AC, but he needs to stop playing the ‘don’t you know who I am’ card, and just race some dirt bikes straight up. Go earn that shit. It’s the only way.
I finally agree with a gnarwhip post . WinkCool
Fearo
1/9/2019 2:06am
The two passes weren't the same, pretty simple when you actually use both of your eyes and half of your brain.

AC took RJ's line away. It looked awkward because RJ was taking the highest line, which forced AC to ride super high into the berm across the lower ruts. If he wouldn't have done this, there was a good possibility RJ would've still had enough drive out of the corner to blow by AC in the whoops.

RJ's pass was a take-out. Not a terrible one, but a take-out nonetheless. He had zero intention of leaving that turn without AC on the ground.
1/9/2019 3:07am
He looks so much like Travis on a bike, tall, legs everywhere.. all over the place, on and off the track haha
CPR
1/9/2019 4:04am
TXDirt wrote:
That's racing. Loved both passes.
This ☝️ End of story, bring on round 2.
BB67
1/9/2019 10:15am
You can take the Hillbilly out of Hudson but you cant Hudson out of the Hillbilly.
1/9/2019 2:54pm
Some fans just love take outs. That was what RJ did. But that fan who says he loves that stuff, try taking him out on Saturday morning practice and see what fit he throws.
1/9/2019 4:04pm
Some fans just love take outs. That was what RJ did. But that fan who says he loves that stuff, try taking him out on Saturday...
Some fans just love take outs. That was what RJ did. But that fan who says he loves that stuff, try taking him out on Saturday morning practice and see what fit he throws.
In all fairness, if someone cleaned me out in a practice, yeah I’d be pretty pissed, lol

Post a reply to: Hampshire vs AC 92

The Latest