Hampshire vs AC 92

Related:
Create New Tag

1/6/2019 5:38 AM

As much as I like AC 92 that was a fair payback by Hampshire. AC roughed him up a little and Hampshire served notice, not tonight. It was almost the same identical scenario as KR and Webb last year with a better outcome.

Hope AC puts it together this year, he was a little all over the place. Just needs to smooth it out and get it done.

|

1/6/2019 5:41 AM

AC gonna AC like always.

|

1/6/2019 5:46 AM

Love AC but seriously it’s always something with him.

|

1/6/2019 5:57 AM

AC didn’t ‘rough him up.’ He tried a block pass, but RJ checked up. When RJ caught him in the next turn, AC had the choice to check up but didn’t, and he went down. That’s racing.

I still say AC wins the c-ship, though.

|

1/6/2019 6:09 AM

One of the things I love about AC is that I bet if you asked him, he'd chuckle and say no hard feelings at all, I deserved that.

|

1/6/2019 6:22 AM

Yeah I really like AC but he had that one comin. Good on Hampshire.

|

1/6/2019 6:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/7/2019 5:47 AM

I agree, it was so stupid of AC to take Hampshire that high. He had the pass made with ease without that move. I'm a big fan of AC but he had that coming.

It seemed like he was in panic mode because he didn't even think about the possibility that Hampshire would try to make a move on him.

It's a bit disappointing to see him make a mistake like that. He has everything in place for winning this title (speed, fitness, bike, experience etc) but is his racecraft still not "good" enough?

|

1/6/2019 6:29 AM

If ac would have waited until the turn before the finish jump, he would have had the inside line and likely the opportunity to make a cleaner pass. He forced the issue and got shut down. Hope he learns.

|

1/6/2019 6:30 AM

RJ won’t get that close next week. Bad choice by AC , great ride by RJ.

|

1/6/2019 6:37 AM

Block pass by AC, cleanout by RJ

|

1/6/2019 6:38 AM

It was great and i have seen the exact same thing countless times. If your gonna dish it out you better be ready to receive the same thing or even worse.

|

1/6/2019 6:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/6/2019 6:41 AM

Bob_Ryan wrote:

In most cases, the difference between a block pass and a (perceived) clean-out is whether or not the target shuts off. It looked to me like RJ did and then AC didn't. I think if AC checked up, the passes would have looked almost identical. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

|

1/6/2019 6:43 AM

Bob_Ryan wrote:

I 100% agree.RJ got really like when his front tire was way up high on the tough block.

|

1/6/2019 8:08 AM

Bob_Ryan wrote:

Agreed. However I would of made the same move back on AC that RJ did. I think if AC didn't push him so high RJ may have settled behind him. Heat of the moment.

|

1/6/2019 8:37 AM

2 FL boys going at it is there any past history there??

|

1/6/2019 8:45 AM

I disagree. AC went up into the highest rut but he was still on the track. RJ rode up onto the tough blocks.

|

1/6/2019 8:48 AM

honestly who gives a shit, i think pettis has more fans cheering for him right now than the prodigy supermini rider

|

1/6/2019 8:55 AM

Photo

Photo
|

1/6/2019 9:04 AM

I hope AC gets the title. I would never leave the door open like that though after hitting someone. Perhaps he thought RJ crashed.

|

1/6/2019 9:07 AM

731chopper wrote:

I disagree. AC went up into the highest rut but he was still on the track. RJ rode up onto the tough blocks.

are you upset with hampshire?

|

1/6/2019 9:15 AM

4csHATER wrote:

are you upset with hampshire?

It doesn’t affect my life but I think Adam made an aggressive block pass where as RJ crossed the line between a block pass and a takeout.

|

1/6/2019 9:18 AM

i was about to say, its racing and i dont think hampshire was in the wrong, cianciarulo has had many of chances to prove he has what it takes on really good equiptment.

|

1/6/2019 9:19 AM

That was great, loved the payback. What goes around, comes around.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

1/6/2019 9:23 AM

4csHATER wrote:

honestly who gives a shit, i think pettis has more fans cheering for him right now than the prodigy supermini rider

I will accept that wager

|

1/6/2019 9:26 AM

Bummed for AC, but I love RJ's aggressiveness. This is what I love about Supercross.

|

1/6/2019 9:29 AM

AC should have closed the inside after the whoops
Easy to say that sitting on the couch and watching slow motion replays though. Pretty sure experienced 450 guys would have done that and gotten away with it

|

1/6/2019 9:52 AM

RJ was aimed straight at his leg, he was going in there to clean him out. You can say rubbing is racing, but I would bet RJ has a target on his back now. Adam can laugh it off on the camera, but he knows this is his last year in 250s and he needs this championship bad.

|

"So you're telling me there's a chance!!"

1/6/2019 11:45 AM

RJ did what AC should have done. Insure that there would be no quick retaliation and create a gap between them.

Good racing IMO.

|

1/6/2019 12:15 PM

731chopper wrote: Photo

Photo

First picture is a half second too soon. RJ was paddling with his right leg and almost went down.

|

1/6/2019 12:22 PM

BobKerr wrote:

First picture is a half second too soon. RJ was paddling with his right leg and almost went down.

The point was AC stayed on the track during his pass while RJ went up into the tough blocks during his.

|