Hammaker's move on Thrasher

Monte122
Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 1:50pm
It looked like Thrasher had the line, Hammaker just went for it and took him out hard.
Hopefully he's not hurt bad.
|
ForToo
6/11/2022 6:01pm
He clearly had no intent of taking himself and Thrasher down, he needs to let the race come to him instead of getting so antsy early on.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
6/11/2022 6:10pm
Racing incident, both riders going for it. Hope everybody is ok.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/11/2022 6:17pm
Looked like 100% on Thrasher to me. He was behind Hammaker before the step up into that turn. They landed side by side and he was on the outside. Maybe didn't expect the lines to merge but I don't see how Hammaker has any fault here
Monte122
6/11/2022 6:18pm
ForToo wrote:
He clearly had no intent of taking himself and Thrasher down, he needs to let the race come to him instead of getting so antsy early...
He clearly had no intent of taking himself and Thrasher down, he needs to let the race come to him instead of getting so antsy early on.
Agree, I don’t think it was intentional, racing incident.

The Shop

Cygrace74
6/11/2022 6:36pm
Just a bummer, the one good start to a moto last year Vohland took him out and now this today. Haven’t had a chance to see how he is at the front and let him get some momentum
mx313
6/11/2022 7:39pm
I believe it was a stupid move from hammaker.
He was behind coming into the corner. Thrasher went wide. Yes the 2 lines went 2gether but as a racer you know that. And coming from behind he shouldn't take the line unless he was going to have a wheel on the other rider.
The main reason I think it was bad is coz it was always going to end bad. And as guys racing for 5-7 you want to maximise your chances at all times and not put yourself on the ground.
JBlain619
6/12/2022 6:52am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2022 6:55am
mx313 wrote:
I believe it was a stupid move from hammaker. He was behind coming into the corner. Thrasher went wide. Yes the 2 lines went 2gether but...
He was behind coming into the corner. Thrasher went wide. Yes the 2 lines went 2gether but as a racer you know that. And coming from behind he shouldn't take the line unless he was going to have a wheel on the other rider.
The main reason I think it was bad is coz it was always going to end bad. And as guys racing for 5-7 you want to maximise your chances at all times and not put yourself on the ground.
Hue was never behind thrasher. He had no idea thrasher was that close. Never saw him, look at Seth’s head. He’s looking forward like you’re supposed to do racing.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/12/2022 7:07am
mx313 wrote:
I believe it was a stupid move from hammaker. He was behind coming into the corner. Thrasher went wide. Yes the 2 lines went 2gether but...
Thrasher is the one that came from behind. But Hammaker was in front the whole first lap leading up to that turn. Thrasher pulled up alongside him on that jump (used the outside after the downhill that Tomac tried to pass Kenny on twice in moto 2) and jumped wide into the turn. So Hammaker was in front AND inside. And no rear brake because his foot was out.
tek14
6/12/2022 12:30pm
How bad he is hurt?
TDeath21
6/12/2022 12:41pm
First look I thought it was a takeout. Just the view we had. Then the overhead view showed the ruts. Racing incident for sure. If anyone is at fault it’s Thrasher. When you’re on the outside and two lines come together, the inside guy controls the line.
Melicar
6/12/2022 1:50pm
mx313 wrote:
JBlain619 wrote:
Hue was never behind thrasher. He had no idea thrasher was that close. Never saw him, look at Seth’s head. He’s looking forward like you’re supposed...
Hue was never behind thrasher. He had no idea thrasher was that close. Never saw him, look at Seth’s head. He’s looking forward like you’re supposed to do racing.

It is surprising to me how many people can think the guy "trying" to make a pass happen around the outside of a corner is the victim when he does not concede to the rider that controls the inside line.
mxpappy711
6/12/2022 5:09pm
You see an opening you take it. Hope some of you pussies are in my next 60 + race. I will take you out for a piece of plastic covered cardboard! They were racing.
mx313
6/12/2022 5:28pm
mx313 wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Thrasher is the one that came from behind. But Hammaker was in front the whole first lap leading up to that turn. Thrasher pulled up alongside...
Thrasher is the one that came from behind. But Hammaker was in front the whole first lap leading up to that turn. Thrasher pulled up alongside him on that jump (used the outside after the downhill that Tomac tried to pass Kenny on twice in moto 2) and jumped wide into the turn. So Hammaker was in front AND inside. And no rear brake because his foot was out.
Ohh. I thought thrasher was infront. I hadn't looked at the timing of the 2 earlier in the lap. I only seen the replays an It seemed like thrasher was infront but it was only coz he was carrying more speed to the outside corner.

Post a reply to: Hammaker's move on Thrasher

The Latest