Hamblin Transworld

disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:38am
I spent some time in my reading room this morning catching up with Sean Hamblin.

Well, Hamblin says he turned down a ride from Makita Suzuki - to be Ryan Dungey's teammate for the 2010 season - because he did not want to mess up his chances on the owner/team deal he had in the works.

But then his deal fell thru and he was left without a ride.

Who was he supposed to start a team with a year or 2 ago?

Dang Hamblin, I'm sorry that didn't work out for you. It would have been great to see you back on a Suzuki.
|
wawazat
9/14/2011 12:33pm
So he turned down a guaranteed ride with a factory team with one of the best riders in the world, to try and start his own team?? Guess life is all about a gamble. Easy to say it was a bad choice now, guess he thought he had a sound deal being an owner..

I always felt Sean should of just bought his own bike and went out and raced. I'm sure he could get the sponsorship dollars to allow him to race every weekend..
fader418
9/14/2011 12:38pm
I think he did do his own deal but didnt he get hurt at Glen Helen or Hangtown one year and hasn't raced since?
DownSouth
9/14/2011 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2011 12:41pm
That was the J Law Racing team was it not? Langtson and Hamblin supposedly were putting their own team together and it ended up merging with J Law Racing and Hamblin got completely shafted and forced out by someone behind the scenes (reportedly not Langston or Lawrence).

In hindsight Suzuki would have been a much better choice.
Huckster
9/14/2011 12:56pm
DownSouth wrote:
That was the J Law Racing team was it not? Langtson and Hamblin supposedly were putting their own team together and it ended up merging with...
That was the J Law Racing team was it not? Langtson and Hamblin supposedly were putting their own team together and it ended up merging with J Law Racing and Hamblin got completely shafted and forced out by someone behind the scenes (reportedly not Langston or Lawrence).

the one that wears the "crown?"

The Shop

Sherwood
9/14/2011 12:59pm
DownSouth wrote:
That was the J Law Racing team was it not? Langtson and Hamblin supposedly were putting their own team together and it ended up merging with...

I could be way way off but I thought he had an investor/backer that never did his part of the agreement. Again this could be wrong.
SH_105
9/14/2011 1:10pm
I was offered to start SX, but if the results were there it would have been longer than a fill in. I never had a guarantee for the year. Just to clarify how it has come off.

SH
newmann
9/14/2011 1:29pm
SH_105 wrote:
I was offered to start SX, but if the results were there it would have been longer than a fill in. I never had a guarantee...
I was offered to start SX, but if the results were there it would have been longer than a fill in. I never had a guarantee for the year. Just to clarify how it has come off.

SH
You should check out the "Everything is bigger and better in Texas" thread that was posted up today. You could make some decent money I bet for a couple races.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/14/2011 4:58pm
SH_105 wrote:
I was offered to start SX, but if the results were there it would have been longer than a fill in. I never had a guarantee...

SH
Hey Sean, nice to hear from you.

I read that interview in Transworld and got totally bummed that you missed that opportunity with Suzuki.

It's just one of those things I guess - you can't control everyhing in life.

Would you ever make a comeback if given the chance, or are you done for good?

Good luck with everything.
Coyote
9/14/2011 6:34pm
fader418 wrote:
I think he did do his own deal but didnt he get hurt at Glen Helen or Hangtown one year and hasn't raced since?
Was on a Valli Yamaha with 2 laps to go and a top 6 OA @ Glen Helen National crashed and broke his sternum among other injuries. Very little time on the bike and was raging, mx just isn't fair sometimes.

Post a reply to: Hamblin Transworld

The Latest