Had to sell bike. Im an A rider. It sux. Im so pissed ugh

I saw a post b4 about a guy that had a midlife crisis at 21. Buddy count ur blessings. Im a single dad. I have my 13yr old 5 days a week. Shes awesome. Ive been racing since i was 14. Im 46 now. Its my passion and my first love. I never qualified for a national even though i came up 2 spots short in 2002 at 30 yrs old and 1 spot short at red bud in the 125(yes im old lol) class. I was racing the 35 40 and open A classes the last cpl yrs. My mom dies outta nowhere last yr and i find out the my dad let her life insurance lapse. So guess what? I had to pay to have her laid out and creamated. I was mad as hell at my dad but i had to do what needed to be done and sell my honda. I cried. It was a 2017 that i saved for being a single dad it was tough. I take care of my daughter and am a die hard moto fan. I cry honestly everytime i watch a race or see a truck going to etown here in nj with a bike on the back. So dude, ur 21. U have time to fix ur stuff. I wish i could fix mine. Im a single dad and i cant afford a bike because my dad lied about pretty much his whole financial situation and i did what i needed to do to take care of moms final service. Respect moto. Respect the community. Respect the talent u have to ride. God bless. Be well. Scotti
|
Justin345
7/20/2018 11:34am
Was Scotti drinking today?

PS - sorry about your loss. RIP.
7/20/2018 11:39am
Naaa dude. I was being serious about that post. Just trying to tell the guy to count his blessings cause he always has moto. Thanks for the rip. She passed april 13 2017. The drinkin comment was kinda messed up. But to each his own. Be well
HenryA
7/20/2018 11:43am
Man Scottie that sucks man and I'm sorry about your loss. At least you're being a great dad and putting your kid before a bike is the right choice. Hope you can save up some dollars and get out there again!
7/20/2018 11:51am
Hey henryA. Thanks man. Its tough every day. I worked my ass off at etown pagoda sleepy hallow budds ect to get my points. I still love it to this day. I rode 3x a week till last april. I miss it. But mom was more important. Life throws ya curve balls. Its what you do with them that says what kinda man u are. Having a teenage girl and being a single dads tough. I hope 1 day i can race again. Bringing that 35 bucks home for 3rd place in 40 plus expert. Meant nothing. It was the feeling when i crossed the checkered that meant the world. Hope ur well buddy. Moto on. Scotti

The Shop

Question
7/20/2018 12:03pm
Really sorry about your loss.

That sounds like a nice 250 yz 2000ish would be your best medicine if you don't want to take a lil loan (i.e. on left overs).

Good luck !:

7/20/2018 12:07pm
Sorry for your loss.

Sounds like your father probably wasn't in the financial position to carry life insurance on your mother (off topic, but if she wasn't the breadwinner, it might have been the right decision financially). Maybe the best way to right his 'wronging' of you is to not be similarly dishonest with yourself about your own financial situation—if you have a 14 year old dependent, and can't bear the cost of a medical issue coming up (like with your mother), you weren't ever in a situation where you should've had a brand new bike to begin with.

Save up. Establish an emergency fund. Then save up a few monthly payments, and get a new bike (or better yet, save a bit longer and buy used).
gt80rider
7/20/2018 12:13pm
The primary point of this thread- guys, get your wills/estates/DNRs/insurance policies in order!!!!!

I am suffering right now because of this, just like the OP. Get your stuff together, seriously, if you are 40 or older, it is time, and it can prevent a lot of suffering/hurt/etc after you are gone. Oh and, tuck 15k away for your burial, well, unless you want to burden someone else with it.
Donovan759
7/20/2018 12:18pm
So sorry about your loss man. I count my blessings every day that my parents are still alive. I don't want to imagine loosing them. Things will look up soon. I'm sure your daughter will be a light in this dark time.
7/20/2018 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2018 12:25pm
I had to clue as to their financial situation. I didnt find out till we were sitting at pettite davis funeral home in rahway nj going over arrangements. Yes i saved for over a yr and sold my 2013 crf450 and bought thr 17. But i did it and had no clue. So to say i wasnt in the financial situation to do that was uncalled for. Then i had a choice. Pay for thr service or dont. I made the right choice. I take care of my bills ect. I got blindsided. Sorry
7/20/2018 12:25pm
I had to clue as to their financial situation. I didnt find out till we were sitting at pettite davis funeral home in rahway nj going over arrangements. Yes i saved for over a yr and sold my 2013 crf450 and bought thr 17. But i did it and had no clue. So to say i wasnt in the financial situation to do that was uncalled for. Then i had a choice. Pay for thr service or dont. I made the right choice.
mxpro252
7/20/2018 12:57pm
Sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine that stuff gets any easier as time passes, you just learn to deal with it the best you can.

As far as unloading the bike, yea that’s a bummer and can make you realize how well you had it in the past or how well other people currently have it and just don’t realize it. But it’s also just a material object that can be replaced. Regardless of how hard you worked to get something, if you have to let it go to take care of your child or loved one, it’s a no brainer. Material objects don’t mean anything at the end of the day. Having someone taken from you puts it all in perspective real quick.

Hope everything gets sorted and you can ride again soon.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/20/2018 1:06pm
Yes it sucks sometimes when we are grown up and have to do whats right,other than what we want. I have been without a bike several times in my adult life but like they say "Tough times don't last but tough people do" You will be glad knowing you did the right thing other than doing the wrong thing and regret it later on.
7/20/2018 1:06pm
mxpro252 wrote:
Sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine that stuff gets any easier as time passes, you just learn to deal with it the best you can...
Sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine that stuff gets any easier as time passes, you just learn to deal with it the best you can.

As far as unloading the bike, yea that’s a bummer and can make you realize how well you had it in the past or how well other people currently have it and just don’t realize it. But it’s also just a material object that can be replaced. Regardless of how hard you worked to get something, if you have to let it go to take care of your child or loved one, it’s a no brainer. Material objects don’t mean anything at the end of the day. Having someone taken from you puts it all in perspective real quick.

Hope everything gets sorted and you can ride again soon.
Thank you. That meant alot. God bless. That was an awesome post
Mossy
7/20/2018 1:24pm
Yeah my father passed away when I was 18. He was the primary source of income. Had no life insurance. My mom was a severe alcoholic. Oh he didn’t have a will either so my mother who was out cheating on him that weekend got everything as well. Make sure you have a WILL and LIFE INSURANCE folks. Just because you’re old and don’t care and “I hate the hospital” doesn’t mean you won’t wake up one morning at the age of 53.

I’m 22 now own my own house and stuff so everything worked out, but it was not easy those couple years after that. Also I realize my situation is a little different being I am younger and have/had more time.

Look at it like this, you aren’t getting any younger, you’re 46, and the way health technology is advancing you will probably live another 50 years. So don’t beat yourself up, you have plenty of time as well to figure it out. Cool
newmann
7/20/2018 1:46pm
I've sold bikes many times to pay for what really matters. No big deal as long as you are selling them for things that matter.

I've seen people sell off all their belongings to fund their drug and alcohol binges. Not a pretty sight...
7/20/2018 1:49pm
newmann wrote:
I've sold bikes many times to pay for what really matters. No big deal as long as you are selling them for things that matter. I've...
I've sold bikes many times to pay for what really matters. No big deal as long as you are selling them for things that matter.

I've seen people sell off all their belongings to fund their drug and alcohol binges. Not a pretty sight...
So true. I have no regrets. Just sad is all. Its like a big huge part of me is gone. I see these dudes complain about graphics,the track conditions,the weather. Its like dude at least ur riding. Stop. Damn. Lol
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
7/20/2018 2:36pm
What’s with all the dislikes towards the OP? Some of you need to relax and let a man speak without being bashful for once.
jg393
7/20/2018 2:57pm
Sorry for your losses buddy, but some people never get the chance to ride at all!! Look back on your time and appreciate the memory’s it gave you that some people will never have
7/20/2018 3:06pm
jg393 wrote:
Sorry for your losses buddy, but some people never get the chance to ride at all!! Look back on your time and appreciate the memory’s it...
Sorry for your losses buddy, but some people never get the chance to ride at all!! Look back on your time and appreciate the memory’s it gave you that some people will never have
Thanks man. Just miss it more than anything
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
7/20/2018 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2018 3:23pm
Bikes come and go,but family is what matters,I have a bike but no time to ride it. My daughter 24 years old is recovering from chemo for lymphoma,had to move back home with me and the misses her husband bailed on her and we are taking care of her and her four year old son and one year old(toady) daughter. I am 57 years old and in a position with a large enough home and the resources to take care of everyone.I guess hard work does pay off.Her prognosis is very good and we are thrilled.
Like you said, life throws curve balls and we have to deal with it the best we can. and it sounds like you are the kind of stand up guy who can deal with it .
Another bike is in your future and the riding will be very sweet as you have sacrificed for your daughter as you should.
Best of luck to you and your daughter.
I am off to pick up a birthday cake for my one year old grand daughter,it will be a good time,Family and friends are where it's at!
newmann
7/20/2018 3:44pm
MX Guy wrote:
What’s with all the dislikes towards the OP? Some of you need to relax and let a man speak without being bashful for once.
In case you haven't noticed, there are a few fucktards here and a few fucktards go a long way towards stinking up the joint. There are idiots who thumbs down just to do it and they'll follow certain members around like a schoolyard stalker. Junior high mentality.
mxpro252
7/20/2018 3:45pm
Dude, just saw you get to spend 5 days a week with your kid. I don’t know what black magic you were able to summon to accomplish that but that in itself is a miracle. Most of the separated dads I know have fought for years and tens of thousands of dollars, if not more to just get every other weekend at the most.
KMC440
7/20/2018 4:34pm
Hey Scotti you're a stand up guy ... the moto god's will reward you. Take care of your little girl and sympathies for your mom's passing.

Good things in your future. Smile
NorCal 50+
7/20/2018 4:46pm
Very sorry to hear that- I am sure it will come back around again for you. I was just thinking on a drive home how many years I had not been able to afford a bike. I even sold bikes for a living and was too broke to ride at times. Selling your bike for your mom's funeral is sad, yet noble at the same time. I am sure that will come back to you tenfold in positive karma.
When my Dad died we had a $45k medical bill from a snafu, and the funeral was expensive too, but I didn't pay for it. Funeral homes are very aggressive if they don't get paid quickly (as in "we're not showing up)."
Sorry for your loss, hang in there.
rpawley
7/20/2018 4:58pm
sorry about everything, feel yah except concussions caused my retirement
7/20/2018 5:08pm
mxpro252 wrote:
Dude, just saw you get to spend 5 days a week with your kid. I don’t know what black magic you were able to summon to...
Dude, just saw you get to spend 5 days a week with your kid. I don’t know what black magic you were able to summon to accomplish that but that in itself is a miracle. Most of the separated dads I know have fought for years and tens of thousands of dollars, if not more to just get every other weekend at the most.
I have no baby mama drama. We live close. My daughter just likes it here. Its awesome
7/20/2018 5:11pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Very sorry to hear that- I am sure it will come back around again for you. I was just thinking on a drive home how many...
Very sorry to hear that- I am sure it will come back around again for you. I was just thinking on a drive home how many years I had not been able to afford a bike. I even sold bikes for a living and was too broke to ride at times. Selling your bike for your mom's funeral is sad, yet noble at the same time. I am sure that will come back to you tenfold in positive karma.
When my Dad died we had a $45k medical bill from a snafu, and the funeral was expensive too, but I didn't pay for it. Funeral homes are very aggressive if they don't get paid quickly (as in "we're not showing up)."
Sorry for your loss, hang in there.
Yea your not kiddin. They wanted a deposit asap and they were cool enuff to let me have 30 days to pay it off. It was 8k. Sucked cause she wanted to be buried and i had to do the opposite cause my screwball of a stepdad let her ins lapse. Bothers me but what can u do. I miss moto so damn bad. Stinks

Post a reply to: Had to sell bike. Im an A rider. It sux. Im so pissed ugh

The Latest