Had a close call with the Champ Sunday!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2018 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 1:37 PM

I was riding at Baja Sunday, and was chugging around with Jello arms when a green flash went by.

Glad we didn’t actually hit, and I felt terrible for getting in his way. Can’t say I’ve had anyone close on me that fast before!

Of course, great local photog Chad Hetherington got a shot of the turn.

https://www.instagram.com/chadhphoto

Me accidentally running Maff wide:

Photo

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

8/14/2018 1:35 PM

Did you get a Barcia type response??

|

8/14/2018 1:38 PM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Did you get a Barcia type response??

Totally deserved it, but no! Cool dude

|

8/14/2018 1:39 PM

Wow dude. That's nuts. Glad no one got hurt. Just goes to show how fast these guys are and how quickly they react. Crazy.

|

8/14/2018 1:42 PM

Thought it was tomac for a minute lol

|

8/14/2018 1:44 PM

Thought these guys took Sunday’s off. You would think two mud motos and super heavy bike would tire them out.

|

8/14/2018 1:46 PM

I thought that was Tomac for a second!

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/14/2018 1:46 PM

mx_phreek wrote:

Thought it was tomac for a minute lol

Me too!

|

8/14/2018 1:54 PM

Faster guys need to be careful of the other guys on the track also. I give guys plenty of room while passing during practice, for my own health and to not scare the shit out of them. I found myself thinking "why does Tomac have Piller's front fender stickers" for a second. Haha

|

8/14/2018 2:00 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Faster guys need to be careful of the other guys on the track also. I give guys plenty of room while passing during practice, ...more

I usually only get passed by 2-3 local guys at these practice days, but can hold my own with the A pack..... I can only imagine how fast B or C riders come up for guys like him.

Hell, I was having sketchy moments with “B” riders in the A/B practice....he probably felt like he was passing kids in 65’s.

|

8/14/2018 2:00 PM

Was Maff alone or was the whole team there? Any other Canadians?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/14/2018 2:01 PM

That douchebag is cutting the track! haha

|

8/14/2018 2:10 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Was Maff alone or was the whole team there? Any other Canadians?

Only saw the 1 Kawi, and there was a slew a quick guys that weren’t familiar.... not sure if they’re Canadian though.

|

8/14/2018 2:19 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

Faster guys need to be careful of the other guys on the track also. I give guys plenty of room while passing during practice, ...more

MxKing809 wrote:

I usually only get passed by 2-3 local guys at these practice days, but can hold my own with the A pack..... I can only ...more

Dude, do you remember me yelling "sick helmet" before one of the sessions?

|

8/14/2018 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 2:30 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

I usually only get passed by 2-3 local guys at these practice days, but can hold my own with the A pack..... I can only ...more

LumpDog841 wrote:

Mr. Cox! We had a nice little lap or two there that time out!

I’m the only one I’ve seen dumb enough to run the Star Wars lid. I broke the visor a few weeks ago and had to epoxy it back together! ?

|

8/14/2018 2:31 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

I was riding at Baja Sunday, and was chugging around with Jello arms when a green flash went by.

Glad we didn’t actually ...more

Looks like he's working on replicating that Herlings berm jump clip from a few weeks ago.

|

8/14/2018 3:47 PM

Muffy is a class act and just an all around good dude.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/14/2018 5:41 PM

MxKing809 wrote:

LumpDog841 wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

Mr. Cox! We had a nice little lap or two there that time out!

I’m the only one I’ve seen dumb enough to run the Star Wars ...more

Helmets are met to be worn!! I felt pretty gun shy out there, with only a week back on the bike. Seemed like I was either trying to dodge other riders or looking behind trying to stay out of the way of Mauff/Roberts/you. You heading to the Brawl?

|

8/14/2018 5:58 PM

King if you take out my guy before he wins this title......why I oughta....

|

8/14/2018 9:37 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Umm, that's not Tomac and not only is he not leading the championship something drastically wrong would need to happen in order for him to win it.

|

8/14/2018 9:55 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Umm, that's not Tomac and not only is he not leading the championship something drastically wrong would need to happen in ...more

So Canada doesn't do the red plate = points leader?

|

8/14/2018 10:01 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Umm, that's not Tomac and not only is he not leading the championship something drastically wrong would need to happen in ...more

Sully wrote:

So Canada doesn't do the red plate = points leader?

We do the red plate and Jess Pettis is the one leading the series heading into the last round this weekend. Leading by 3 whole points so should be good.

|

8/15/2018 6:17 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

Hope I didn't look like a sketchy "B" rider out there lol. You passed me a few times moving pretty good!

|

8/15/2018 7:20 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

lol.... wow

|

8/15/2018 8:25 AM

Totally Photoshopped.

smile
KC

|

8/15/2018 7:10 PM

Squirrelings wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:

KW62 wrote:

Hope I didn't look like a sketchy "B" rider out there lol. You passed me a few times moving pretty good!

Thanks man! And no, you were going good!

Now the kid on the CR 125 not hitting anything may have received a C-class gesture over the 140 from me....

Then ironically I pulled a C rider squirrel move on Maff ?

|

8/16/2018 6:22 AM

He crossed jumped you.

|

8/16/2018 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 6:37 AM

Im just glad there are no little bikes or quads to get "pulped" whistling

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.