- HYPOTHETICALLY - Could Ferrandis race the 250 class at Hangtown?

aeffertz
9/7/2021 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2021 2:53pm
I know this would never happen but just for dumb conversation… Is it legally possible?

Star Racing Yamaha is known for winning at all costs. Let’s say Star Racing pays Dylan his typical 450 rate but puts him on a Star Racing 250f with a #1 plate on it for the last round… Would he be eligible or is there a rule against it? Again, prefacing this with I know it would never happen, but COULD Star pull out all stops and put another 250 on the line with Dylan and hope Justin can run up front and Dylan can chase him around as a buffer.

What was that? Did someone say bunching?! If J Coop doesn’t get to the front right away, let Ferrandis get to the lead and BUNCH UP the field behind him!

Uhm.. Discuss? Grinning
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/7/2021 12:27pm
Dylan can pursue the small-bore MX win record at Hangtown if he wanted to.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/7/2021 12:30pm
He could if he wanted to.

RC dropped down to the 125 class back in the day.
wrc777
Fantasy
1130th
9/7/2021 12:50pm
They would need to send Plessinger and Craig down too and hope Jett doesn't beat them all anyway which he probably would. Even then I don't think it would be enough points to get Cooper over the top.
9/7/2021 12:53pm
Well, Dylan told DV he has an idea of riding the 250 2 strokes for the last race for fun at Hangtown ! But it’s just an idea and DV called Dylan crazy because it’s impossible to get the 250 2 strokes ready to race at full speed in a week (this info comes from a French podcast DV said it himself by the way)

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/7/2021 1:08pm
Well, Dylan told DV he has an idea of riding the 250 2 strokes for the last race for fun at Hangtown ! But it’s just...
Well, Dylan told DV he has an idea of riding the 250 2 strokes for the last race for fun at Hangtown ! But it’s just an idea and DV called Dylan crazy because it’s impossible to get the 250 2 strokes ready to race at full speed in a week (this info comes from a French podcast DV said it himself by the way)
Cool idea, but the 2 strokes aren't homologated.

DC, please bend the rules.
Xeno
9/7/2021 1:12pm
Why do any of this when he can bag another win bonus riding a bike he is very familiar with?
aeffertz
9/7/2021 1:19pm
Xeno wrote:
Why do any of this when he can bag another win bonus riding a bike he is very familiar with?
Team tactics bro!
Motox726!
9/7/2021 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 1:21pm
Xeno wrote:
Because Vital......That's why Wink
OldPro277
9/7/2021 1:27pm
Well, Dylan told DV he has an idea of riding the 250 2 strokes for the last race for fun at Hangtown ! But it’s just...
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Could you imagine the repercussions of the 250 2-stroke move ?

A.) Yamaha would get to showcase their 2strokes and show that they can be competitive ----(or not ?)

B.) Dylan would instantly become a fan favorite and win over most of the fans that he has "alienated" over the past few years by being French and/or for any other reason that he may ruffled feathers.

It would be waaay too cool if that were to happen, however there's a better chance that I'm going to base jump off the Eiffel tower this weekend than Ferrandis running a YZ250.
Xeno
9/7/2021 1:27pm
DV- what's Dylan's win bonus from Yamaha?

He's going to throw that away to "help" his teammate? How did that work out for Savagy at Monster Cup LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
aeffertz
9/7/2021 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 1:35pm
Xeno wrote:
DV- what's Dylan's win bonus from Yamaha? He's going to throw that away to "help" his teammate? How did that work out for Savagy at Monster...
DV- what's Dylan's win bonus from Yamaha?

He's going to throw that away to "help" his teammate? How did that work out for Savagy at Monster Cup LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
I think you’re taking this too seriously, mate. Read the first sentence of the post…

In the hypothetical situation I laid out, Star pays Dylan the same bonus money to try and create a buffer between Justin and Jett. I already stated that it would never actually happen, I was just asking if it would even be legal for him to drop down.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
9/7/2021 1:55pm
It's legal for Dylan to race whichever class he chooses.

WARNING! 2-STROKE RANT: [R]
[If I had to guess, I'd say the 2022 YZ250 is not homologated to race. It's a damn shame, too, because it would make 250cc racing a lot more interesting and affordable for privateers. (Not to mention more competitive for them.)

Now that 4-strokes have been developed so much and everyone seems to think a 250F is on par with a "real" 250 (they are sorely mistaken,) it would be a great time for equal displacement racing. Whistling ] [/R]

OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
9/7/2021 4:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Championships over! Let em mix some gas!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
9/7/2021 4:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:
Championships over! Let em mix some gas!
My thought exactly. Let him line up even if he's to score 0 points.

Fans would absolutely love it.
felpro
9/7/2021 4:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He could if he wanted to.

RC dropped down to the 125 class back in the day.
Did you all watch Weege talking to Alex Campbell? Do you recall him saying that when he tried to talk Dylan out of a last practice session before Pala, to catch an earlier flight, DF14 said "What would Ricky do?"

So, HYPOTHETICALLY, Dylan Ferrandis might want to emulate RC4 . . .
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1476th
9/7/2021 5:34pm
Isn't the reason for winning races to sell bikes? I cant think of anything worse Star Racing could do to hurt themselves or Yamaha bike sales than to put a ringer(s) in the 250 class to take the title away from the most popular rider to hit the circuit in years....People would literally say "I will buy any bike, except a Yamaha"

Same if Shimoda had the points lead

With that said, if it was Forkner with the points lead..............

My point being, it would be viewed as ganging up on a kid....which never plays well.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
9/7/2021 5:43pm
Might be exactly what Star needs, get Dylan out front and hope Jetts youthful ambition to be the best causes him to ride over his head and make a costly mistake. Orrrr Jett puts a beat down on Dylan and gives him the confidence to be an unstoppable force in ‘22
wreckitrandy
9/7/2021 5:59pm
Not only could it be done, if it isn't, the whole 'win at all costs' thing,,,,, is just empty words.
resetjet
9/7/2021 6:32pm
I think the last homogulated yz is 2010…..same bike anyway really.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
9/7/2021 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 7:04pm
If the points were really tight then I think it would definitely be in play.

Dylan is an animal, maybe he should just double up and smoke them all. Then treat himself with a visit to Centerfolds to celebrate.
drivrswntd
9/7/2021 7:13pm
NITRODOG wrote:
Isn't the reason for winning races to sell bikes? I cant think of anything worse Star Racing could do to hurt themselves or Yamaha bike sales...
Isn't the reason for winning races to sell bikes? I cant think of anything worse Star Racing could do to hurt themselves or Yamaha bike sales than to put a ringer(s) in the 250 class to take the title away from the most popular rider to hit the circuit in years....People would literally say "I will buy any bike, except a Yamaha"

My point being, it would be viewed as ganging up on a kid....which never plays well.
So alternative rock the 250 2 stroke in the 450 class and get so much press and publicity for mixing gas and haulin!!!
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/7/2021 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 9:56pm

Please God.....Let DF show up in Hangtown on a 250 2-smoker....

9/8/2021 9:16am
Getting the YZ250 sorted out with the AMA is more the issue than almost anything. The cost is $3K which is no biggie, but getting it done in a short week due to the holiday and getting a race bike built is a huge issue. Riding the 250 class is no problem, and could be easily done, but Dylan has not ridden a 250F since Pala last year. No seat time, and for him to jump on a bike he would want to win. However, if he would ride a YZ250 against the 450's there is no chance to win so its more for fun. Bonuses aren't even an issue as those are already set in his Yamaha agreement. Also, the real final decision on this type of stuff actually comes from Yamaha and not STAR as Yamaha is who holds Dylan's agreement, not STAR.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
9/8/2021 9:34am
NITRODOG wrote:
Isn't the reason for winning races to sell bikes? I cant think of anything worse Star Racing could do to hurt themselves or Yamaha bike sales...

Yamaha gives less than zero shits about Jett Lawrence's title hopes, if that's what you mean. If Justin Cooper can pull off the improbable and win this thing, it's good for Yamaha bike sales, no matter how many ringers they put into the field.

Do you want to ride the best bike (as evidenced by its title pedigree,) or the one that is ridden by the popular guy? The blue guys point to the scoreboard and collect your cash for a YZ.
TSCHAM101
9/8/2021 10:29am
This would instantly catapult him into a superstar among the fans... Could literally transcend the American fan base... its no secret the french guys get flipped off by redneck pieces of shit.. but this one move could literally stop that movement in its tracks.. those red neck pieces of shit like 2 strokes just like the rest of regular dudes..

Lets be honest.. the bike doesnt need to be built.. get a half way decent fork and shock setting(which the could do first try since the ride would be for shits and giggles), slap a pipe, port the head with a HC Piston(maybe try and sneak a 300 kit) and good fuel and shes ready to go..
Frodad78
9/8/2021 10:31am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
This would instantly catapult him into a superstar among the fans... Could literally transcend the American fan base... its no secret the french guys get flipped...
This would instantly catapult him into a superstar among the fans... Could literally transcend the American fan base... its no secret the french guys get flipped off by redneck pieces of shit.. but this one move could literally stop that movement in its tracks.. those red neck pieces of shit like 2 strokes just like the rest of regular dudes..

Lets be honest.. the bike doesnt need to be built.. get a half way decent fork and shock setting(which the could do first try since the ride would be for shits and giggles), slap a pipe, port the head with a HC Piston(maybe try and sneak a 300 kit) and good fuel and shes ready to go..
I agree 100%. Dylan tossing fat whips and revving the shit out of that smoker would win over so many folks. Honestly I don't get how you cannot be a fan of this guy regardless!

Post a reply to: - HYPOTHETICALLY - Could Ferrandis race the 250 class at Hangtown?

The Latest