HOOKIT Sponsorship really worth it?

redrider_714
Fantasy
2268th
12/10/2019 8:01am
Been on the HookIt sponsorship site since it was SponsorHouse a good many years ago. Like most have stated the shipping does seem a bit high at times but in my experience if you stay with a company for a few years in a row the discount gets better and it begins to offset the cost of shipping. I no longer race as much as I once did but I try to continue to support the companies that still offer me some type of a discount.

Mainly you need to purchase and use the products when you first get a sponsorship, which in turn will more than likely lead to a bigger discount the next year. I’ve seen many people on the site that have 2 or 3 goggles sponsorships(for example) but use a completely different brand and then complain that the discount isn’t good enough.
Killer Customz
12/10/2019 8:49am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 8:53am
Go to your local dealer and build a relationship with them. They will forward discounts where need be and can work with vendors on special sponsorship opportunities. Your local dealer can get anything that you're going to order online and can possibly drop ship to you if you need to save a second trip.You have to remember that these shops are who is supporting your local events. Unless you're looking at closeout, most items are map policy as well. Support Local.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
12/10/2019 9:37am
Been on the HookIt sponsorship site since it was SponsorHouse a good many years ago. Like most have stated the shipping does seem a bit high...
Been on the HookIt sponsorship site since it was SponsorHouse a good many years ago. Like most have stated the shipping does seem a bit high at times but in my experience if you stay with a company for a few years in a row the discount gets better and it begins to offset the cost of shipping. I no longer race as much as I once did but I try to continue to support the companies that still offer me some type of a discount.

Mainly you need to purchase and use the products when you first get a sponsorship, which in turn will more than likely lead to a bigger discount the next year. I’ve seen many people on the site that have 2 or 3 goggles sponsorships(for example) but use a completely different brand and then complain that the discount isn’t good enough.
As for goggles, I can get them for the same price from RMATV as I can using their hookit program (for one particular brand). For other things, I've found the discounts to be worth it. Some companies have you order direct, not through their Hookit shop (which doesn't always have what you need anyway). I've ordered direct from a few companies when the hookit shop doesn't list what I need, and my deal has always been honored.
piscokid
12/10/2019 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 4:21pm
Nope. You pay triple shipping and price comes out to be the same. You might end up with a few bucks off but it’s really not...
Nope. You pay triple shipping and price comes out to be the same. You might end up with a few bucks off but it’s really not worth it. Can probably find better deals searching around
So much BS in this blanket statement. I just bought some 100% swag for Christmas. I have a 50% Hookit deal. 2 hoodies ($20 each ) and 2 T-shirts ($10 each) and 2 day shipping to Ohio was $11.95.

The Shop

WDSRCR
12/11/2019 4:31am
Nope. You pay triple shipping and price comes out to be the same. You might end up with a few bucks off but it’s really not...
Nope. You pay triple shipping and price comes out to be the same. You might end up with a few bucks off but it’s really not worth it. Can probably find better deals searching around
piscokid wrote:
So much BS in this blanket statement. I just bought some 100% swag for Christmas. I have a 50% Hookit deal. 2 hoodies ($20 each )...
So much BS in this blanket statement. I just bought some 100% swag for Christmas. I have a 50% Hookit deal. 2 hoodies ($20 each ) and 2 T-shirts ($10 each) and 2 day shipping to Ohio was $11.95.
Sometimes not BS though. I have had deals over the years that had 25-30 dollar S&H for goggles or skidplates. That quickly negates the % discount that was offered. I started emailing the companies directly about the shipping and it helped.
honda907
12/29/2019 6:20pm
I tried to log into my account that I've had for years. Cant log in. What's going on?

Post a reply to: HOOKIT Sponsorship really worth it?

The Latest