HOLY $H!T - Vicki Golden comes up massively short on a ramp...

JM485
1/30/2018 5:30am
"Freestyle Motocross" - the most IDIOTIC F'ing thing to ever come out of the real sport of Motocross and Dirt Bike riding. One idiot after another...
"Freestyle Motocross" - the most IDIOTIC F'ing thing to ever come out of the real sport of Motocross and Dirt Bike riding.
One idiot after another hurting themselves, and all the spectators watching this crap think that it has something to do with real "Motocross". SMDH
Translation: "I'm super insecure about a girl hitting a ramp I wouldn't even think about".

Jharper
1/30/2018 6:16am
"Freestyle Motocross" - the most IDIOTIC F'ing thing to ever come out of the real sport of Motocross and Dirt Bike riding. One idiot after another...
"Freestyle Motocross" - the most IDIOTIC F'ing thing to ever come out of the real sport of Motocross and Dirt Bike riding.
One idiot after another hurting themselves, and all the spectators watching this crap think that it has something to do with real "Motocross". SMDH
JM485 wrote:
Translation: "I'm super insecure about a girl hitting a ramp I wouldn't even think about".

hahaha exactly what I was thinking. Sorry she's more badass than you bro haha
akillerwombat
1/30/2018 9:35am
JM485 wrote:

... if you Google "mansplaining" this thread is the first search result.
1/30/2018 11:19am Edited Date/Time 1/30/2018 11:21am
JM485 wrote:

Really " the most Idiotic thing" what is idiotic with FMX, nothing really it is a minority that does it on the level these guys do it and they know what they are getting themself into. Them Crybabies do apparently level up from 2017 to Ultimate for this year

Anyway hope she is fine.

The Shop

BobPA
1/30/2018 11:46am
JM485 wrote:

... if you Google "mansplaining" this thread is the first search result.
Would you prefer it be “womansplained” to you?
akillerwombat
1/30/2018 11:57am
BobPA wrote:
If you can "womansplain" it better than the woman that was directly involved in the incident, who has hit thousands of ramps, won numerous contest hitting said ramps, and was already hitting the SAME EXACT RAMP for a few days before this happened... then sure, I'm all ears.
BobPA
1/30/2018 12:04pm
BobPA wrote:
If you can "womansplain" it better than the woman that was directly involved in the incident, who has hit thousands of ramps, won numerous contest hitting...
If you can "womansplain" it better than the woman that was directly involved in the incident, who has hit thousands of ramps, won numerous contest hitting said ramps, and was already hitting the SAME EXACT RAMP for a few days before this happened... then sure, I'm all ears.
Women and men are the same. Sooo there is no difference between their explanations, racist.
akillerwombat
1/30/2018 12:08pm
BobPA wrote:
Women and men are the same. Sooo there is no difference between their explanations, racist.
What's next, people marrying their pets?!
Dropbear
1/30/2018 5:24pm
This
akillerwombat
1/30/2018 5:39pm
Dropbear wrote:
This
... you can thank freestyle motocross (Terrafirma, Crusty, Nitro Circus, etc) for playing a huge part in helping get this sport to the level it's at.
JM485
1/30/2018 7:39pm
Dropbear wrote:
This
... you can thank freestyle motocross (Terrafirma, Crusty, Nitro Circus, etc) for playing a huge part in helping get this sport to the level it's at.
You can thank pretty much all of those videos for making me who I am today and giving me the interests I have. I don't get it, you ask anyone who actually rides what they think of freestyle and they have the utmost respect for what those guys do, and then you have the douches on Vital who have security issues and just can't handle it for some reason. Freestyle and racing are on an equal level as far as I'm concerned, both have incredible athletes who specialize in different things. Thinking differently isn't an opinion, it's just being wrong. . .
FIREfish148
1/31/2018 2:48am
GWS Vicky. I was there at her outdoor debut like 4-5 years ago and remember she absolutely ripped. Fastest chick I've ever seen on a two smoke.
GTCD15317
1/31/2018 5:54am
So if a old conveyor belt would of helped, how would you anchor the conveyor belt on the non ramp end, I'm sure the facility doesn't want holes drilled into there nice shiney floor, how would it stay put on a slick floor? The whole set up of indoor FMX is sketchy, keep it outside. They don't need FMX demo at a motorcycle expo in Cleveland in the dead of winter.
TXDirt
1/31/2018 6:30am
BobPA wrote:
If you can "womansplain" it better than the woman that was directly involved in the incident, who has hit thousands of ramps, won numerous contest hitting...
You do the same thing over and over, like you said thousands of times. And one slight laps in concentration when doing something pretty dangerous can have harsh consequences.

Reminds me of professional carpenters working with the table saw. They have cut thousands of pieces of trim. One little lapse in concentration or mistake, and you can lose a finger.

If she got wheel spin, that would explain perhaps her lower entrance speed and she tried to compensate at the last second by using more throttle then she had on the previous runs, thus resulting in wheel spin.

Hope she has a speedy recovery. No one likes to see a nasty crash like that.
akillerwombat
1/31/2018 7:37am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 7:41am
TXDirt wrote:
You do the same thing over and over, like you said thousands of times. And one slight laps in concentration when doing something pretty dangerous can...
You do the same thing over and over, like you said thousands of times. And one slight laps in concentration when doing something pretty dangerous can have harsh consequences.

Reminds me of professional carpenters working with the table saw. They have cut thousands of pieces of trim. One little lapse in concentration or mistake, and you can lose a finger.

If she got wheel spin, that would explain perhaps her lower entrance speed and she tried to compensate at the last second by using more throttle then she had on the previous runs, thus resulting in wheel spin.

I hate to use the word "mansplaning" (let alone this many time) but this is the exact definition of it...

This thread is riddled with so many theories on what might have / could have happened by men who weren't there, most of which allude to her not knowing what she was doing, that we've gone full circle to speculating that "if she got wheel spin"... which is literally EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID HAPPENED.
slipdog
1/31/2018 9:05am
She's going to have a pretty long road to recovery and I wish her the best. I've had the same injury, x2, and feel it every day for the last 20yrs.
Tracktor
1/31/2018 10:01am
GTCD15317 wrote:
So if a old conveyor belt would of helped, how would you anchor the conveyor belt on the non ramp end, I'm sure the facility doesn't...
So if a old conveyor belt would of helped, how would you anchor the conveyor belt on the non ramp end, I'm sure the facility doesn't want holes drilled into there nice shiney floor, how would it stay put on a slick floor? The whole set up of indoor FMX is sketchy, keep it outside. They don't need FMX demo at a motorcycle expo in Cleveland in the dead of winter.
That's easy you anchor it to the ramp itself? That's what I did with ours. I am just running 10' or so of rubber matting in front of ramp as that is what gets ripped up the most. It buts up to ramp & bolted to a plate underneath. Easy. That or just run the belt up under the ramp all the way...........
TXDirt
1/31/2018 10:16am
TXDirt wrote:
You do the same thing over and over, like you said thousands of times. And one slight laps in concentration when doing something pretty dangerous can...

I hate to use the word "mansplaning" (let alone this many time) but this is the exact definition of it... This thread is riddled with so...
I hate to use the word "mansplaning" (let alone this many time) but this is the exact definition of it...

This thread is riddled with so many theories on what might have / could have happened by men who weren't there, most of which allude to her not knowing what she was doing, that we've gone full circle to speculating that "if she got wheel spin"... which is literally EXACTLY WHAT SHE SAID HAPPENED.
Actually, the only one who seems to be "mainsplaining" here is you. What does it matter if a man or a women has a theory about what happened? What you are saying is I can't have a theory or opinion because I'm a man and she is a women. Those were your words.

"..by men who weren't there, most of which allude to her not knowing what she was doing.."

So you would be okay with a woman having an opinion who wasn't there either?

What do you have against men?

I didn't say she doesn't know what she's doing. Why put words into my mouth? That doesn't bolster your argument at all. In fact just weakens it. She clearly knows what she is doing. But as any rider knows we (man and woman) are subject to making mistakes on a dirtbike. Making a mistake doesn't mean you don't know what you are doing.

Nice try though.

My theory was based on a rider attempting to complete a jump. It was made regardless of if rider was a male or female. I've raced. I've done jumps. That qualifies me to be able to have a theory on what happened.

Having a theory does not necessarily contradict anything she has said. She got wheel spin. Okay. Why did she get wheel spin? Well one theory is the coke syrup or whatever it is didn't work. That's not even provable and is really more just an opinion or speculation.

Why is it a big deal to you if a man speculates on the cause? Again, why all the man hate from you?

My opinion is rider entered with not enough speed, and thus had to apply more throttle then rider had previously. So the coke syrup that was performing just fine the jump before was not sufficient enough to deal with the low entrance speed with rapid throttle correction.

So the likely cause of this mistake was complacency/familiarity of doing something hundreds or thousands of times over and over. A small lapse in judgement, trying to correct at last second, and extra throttle, wheelspin happened. That's just my opinion. Which is about worth 2 cents. But I can have my opinion on it even though I'm a man.

Sorry if I'm mainsplaining to you again.
akillerwombat
1/31/2018 10:41am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 10:41am
TXDirt wrote:
Actually, the only one who seems to be "mainsplaining" here is you. What does it matter if a man or a women has a theory about...
Actually, the only one who seems to be "mainsplaining" here is you. What does it matter if a man or a women has a theory about what happened? What you are saying is I can't have a theory or opinion because I'm a man and she is a women. Those were your words.

"..by men who weren't there, most of which allude to her not knowing what she was doing.."

So you would be okay with a woman having an opinion who wasn't there either?

What do you have against men?

I didn't say she doesn't know what she's doing. Why put words into my mouth? That doesn't bolster your argument at all. In fact just weakens it. She clearly knows what she is doing. But as any rider knows we (man and woman) are subject to making mistakes on a dirtbike. Making a mistake doesn't mean you don't know what you are doing.

Nice try though.

My theory was based on a rider attempting to complete a jump. It was made regardless of if rider was a male or female. I've raced. I've done jumps. That qualifies me to be able to have a theory on what happened.

Having a theory does not necessarily contradict anything she has said. She got wheel spin. Okay. Why did she get wheel spin? Well one theory is the coke syrup or whatever it is didn't work. That's not even provable and is really more just an opinion or speculation.

Why is it a big deal to you if a man speculates on the cause? Again, why all the man hate from you?

My opinion is rider entered with not enough speed, and thus had to apply more throttle then rider had previously. So the coke syrup that was performing just fine the jump before was not sufficient enough to deal with the low entrance speed with rapid throttle correction.

So the likely cause of this mistake was complacency/familiarity of doing something hundreds or thousands of times over and over. A small lapse in judgement, trying to correct at last second, and extra throttle, wheelspin happened. That's just my opinion. Which is about worth 2 cents. But I can have my opinion on it even though I'm a man.

Sorry if I'm mainsplaining to you again.
Vicki Golden: Had a crash... got wheel spin.
Vital: She didn't commit... she didn't set up properly... she didn't...
You: Could have been a lack of concentration, happens to everybody... or, I think it could have been wheel spin.
Me: She literally said it was wheel spin.
You: Yeah sure, but, my opinion is "insert the literal definition of wheel spin".

akillerwombat
1/31/2018 10:46am
JM485 wrote:
You can thank pretty much all of those videos for making me who I am today and giving me the interests I have. I don't get...
You can thank pretty much all of those videos for making me who I am today and giving me the interests I have. I don't get it, you ask anyone who actually rides what they think of freestyle and they have the utmost respect for what those guys do, and then you have the douches on Vital who have security issues and just can't handle it for some reason. Freestyle and racing are on an equal level as far as I'm concerned, both have incredible athletes who specialize in different things. Thinking differently isn't an opinion, it's just being wrong. . .
I agree.

I never understand watching people, in a sport as small as ours, trying to segment the group even further; makes no sense.
enketchum
1/31/2018 11:21am
MX Guy wrote:
Seemed more like a lack of commitment to me. She didn't hit the gas all that hard, I really can't see any wheel spin. Insurance has...
Seemed more like a lack of commitment to me. She didn't hit the gas all that hard, I really can't see any wheel spin. Insurance has to hear it a certain way in order to pay out I think. I dont think it's right to blame the venue or the staff for this one, I see a mental error.
Roczen said last week on the pulp show that it's not mental

MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
1/31/2018 2:14pm
MX Guy wrote:
Seemed more like a lack of commitment to me. She didn't hit the gas all that hard, I really can't see any wheel spin. Insurance has...
Seemed more like a lack of commitment to me. She didn't hit the gas all that hard, I really can't see any wheel spin. Insurance has to hear it a certain way in order to pay out I think. I dont think it's right to blame the venue or the staff for this one, I see a mental error.
enketchum wrote:

"It's" not mental? That's a bit vague but I'll bite. Some things aren't mental, I totally agree. A lot of things are though, only the rider would actually be able to say if something was mental. This is all speculation, I'm not Vicki and I wasn't on the bike. From my perspective, this was a mental error.

Same page yet?
tkimb
1/31/2018 6:28pm
GTCD15317 wrote:
So if a old conveyor belt would of helped, how would you anchor the conveyor belt on the non ramp end, I'm sure the facility doesn't...
Only needs anchored at one end, where the ramp is. A bike going forward would pull the mat away from the ramp.
KooyaKooya
1/31/2018 7:04pm
I hate to use the word "mansplaning" (let alone this many time) but this is the exact definition of it... This thread is riddled with so...

What evidence do you have to support the claim that VG's gender is the reason that people on this thread have unleashed their various theories? Vitards are inclined to theorize on the "true cause" of dirt bike wrecks regardless of the sex of the rider. See any thread on any mx accident for evidence of this (and most of the riders being speculated about would be men, btw). The rider involved in this crash happened to be a woman, and for vitards to change their behavior based upon her gender would be sexist indeed.
TXDirt
1/31/2018 7:35pm

KooyaKooya wrote:
What evidence do you have to support the claim that VG's gender is the reason that people on this thread have unleashed their various theories? Vitards...
What evidence do you have to support the claim that VG's gender is the reason that people on this thread have unleashed their various theories? Vitards are inclined to theorize on the "true cause" of dirt bike wrecks regardless of the sex of the rider. See any thread on any mx accident for evidence of this (and most of the riders being speculated about would be men, btw). The rider involved in this crash happened to be a woman, and for vitards to change their behavior based upon her gender would be sexist indeed.
That’s just how poster operates. I had no different opinion on if rider was male or female. I simply had a theory why this particular run was different from the others rider has done. Can’t even say “she” because wombat will break out his hammer again.
jeffro503
1/31/2018 9:47pm
MX Guy wrote:
enketchum wrote:

If it's not mental.....then why did A2 mess with him so bad? His own words were that he just wanted to make it through the night. Sounds pretty mental to me.
Cancerman
1/31/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 11:26pm
I hope Vicki heals up well with no further complications. I think she needs to realize that she's in a sport now (Freestyle) that has a crazy amount of injuries. She should realize there will be many more to come. I know she loves motorcycles. I cringe when I see these Nitro type people doing these really high risk stuff just for a show. Some of it is breathtaking, but when things go wrong....
akillerwombat
2/1/2018 9:47am Edited Date/Time 2/1/2018 9:49am
KooyaKooya wrote:
What evidence do you have to support the claim that VG's gender is the reason that people on this thread have unleashed their various theories? Vitards...
"Mansplaining" isn't gender specific.

And for what it's worth I would have taken the same exact stance if the comments were directed towards any professional rider...

Adam Cianciarulo: Had a crash... got wheel spin.
Vital: He didn't commit... he didn't set up properly... he didn't...
Me: ... he, the professional that was directly involved in the incident, said it was wheel spin.
Vital: I dunno, I still think it was a lack of commitment... but, you know what, maybe that lack of commitment CAUSED the wheel spin, I mean, here is the literal definition of wheel spin, which upon watching the video is what I personally believe happened.

Tyler Bereman: Had a crash... got wheel spin.
Me: ... he, the professional that was directly involved in the incident, said it was wheel spin.
Vital: I dunno, I still think it was a lack of commitment... but, you know what, maybe that lack of commitment CAUSED the wheel spin, I mean, here is the literal definition of wheel spin, which upon watching the video is what I personally believe happened.

Ricky Carmichael: Had a crash... got wheel spin.

But this is Vital Permanente; where everyone knows everything – even more so than the riders who were there, have done it for longer, and make a living doing it! As far as vital being a sexist place, did you not have a chance to read the thread that was essentially a diatribe of blaming "unattractive female fatties" for destroying everything good in this world? I wouldn't dare say saying Vital is a sexist place, because it's not, but it sure as shit has some ignorant as fuck sexist individuals creeping around in it.
Cancerman
2/1/2018 11:33pm
So AK, she had made this jump, same distance off this ramp previously? Wow! Try not to take this stuff so personal. She's the only one who knows what was going on in her run up to the ramp. Everyone else is just an observer, giving their opinion. That happens in anything that goes wrong, and is being watched. Horse race, car race, motorcycle race, hell, same with the Olympics. Don't sweat it. We get it. Got wheel spin. I hope you are comfortable, Vick.

Post a reply to: HOLY $H!T - Vicki Golden comes up massively short on a ramp...

The Latest