HEP Suzuki and Bar X Suzuki

jrb2216
Posts
106
Joined
8/25/2010
Location
Traverse City, MI US
8/28/2022 7:46am Edited Date/Time 11/10/2022 4:33pm
Michael had mentioned there were rumors that both teams may be switching manufacturers. Anybody else have any more info?
2
|
uncledaddy69
Posts
181
Joined
4/2/2011
Location
Huntington Beach, CA US
8/28/2022 7:49am
Nichols is rumored to be riding for them next year and he’s been seen riding a KTM.
5
1
jrb2216
Posts
106
Joined
8/25/2010
Location
Traverse City, MI US
8/28/2022 7:51am
Nichols is rumored to be riding for them next year and he’s been seen riding a KTM.
I saw that..
Rickyisms
Posts
3237
Joined
10/5/2017
Location
FL US
8/28/2022 8:36am
I hope not, I still think those Bar-X bikes are some of the best looking ones at the track every weekend.
clarkgray432
Posts
566
Joined
12/30/2021
Location
Lake Elsinore, CA US
8/28/2022 8:47am
Nichols is rumored to be riding for them next year and he’s been seen riding a KTM.
nichols had already signed with mark lanes team which was going to be another Ricky mountain team without butler bros. Thats why he was riding KTMs . But that team folded already. We all listen to pulp too
3
13

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Posts
9971
Joined
7/6/2015
Location
So Cal, CA US
8/28/2022 3:58pm
If that really does end up happening, is this the end of racing for Suzuki? I really hope not, but if they lose both teams it’s not a good sign…
5
ML512
Posts
13258
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA US
8/28/2022 4:00pm
Matthes has been talking about HEP too, he actually brought it up before I heard anything.

BarX comments started around Washougal.
1
2
soggy
Posts
3511
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
UT US
8/28/2022 4:24pm
Such a shame Suzuki wont support these teams. I’d say both teams have been pretty successful.
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/28/2022 4:49pm
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
17
8/28/2022 4:58pm
Nichols is rumored to be riding for them next year and he’s been seen riding a KTM.
nichols had already signed with mark lanes team which was going to be another Ricky mountain team without butler bros. Thats why he was riding KTMs...
nichols had already signed with mark lanes team which was going to be another Ricky mountain team without butler bros. Thats why he was riding KTMs . But that team folded already. We all listen to pulp too
Ok cool guy
7
2
deanwhite51
Posts
1414
Joined
10/5/2017
Location
Sydney AU
8/28/2022 5:01pm
them RMZ's are rockets. Between the Suzuki and Yamaha, they always seem to be upfront off the start.


Also, Mumfords gear and bike combo is one of the best set ups in the pits
2
mb60
Posts
3677
Joined
3/7/2010
Location
GRAPEVINE, TX US
8/28/2022 6:34pm
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are the only 2 worth keeping,
3
Money
Posts
793
Joined
1/18/2011
Location
Fresno, CA US
8/28/2022 6:35pm
mb60 wrote:
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are...
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are the only 2 worth keeping,
Hate to say it but none of them are worth keeping.
1
16
thewrizzle
Posts
285
Joined
4/27/2018
Location
Rochester, WA US
8/28/2022 6:51pm
mb60 wrote:
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are...
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are the only 2 worth keeping,
Money wrote:
Hate to say it but none of them are worth keeping.
Explain that logic would ya?
clarkgray432
Posts
566
Joined
12/30/2021
Location
Lake Elsinore, CA US
8/28/2022 6:59pm
mb60 wrote:
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are...
I;m very curious about Bar X next year and what brand or what riders ride for them ? Right now it seems Kilroy and Mumford are the only 2 worth keeping,
Id take Schwartz over both Mumford and drake. Kid absolutely rips. Sucks he’s been hurt pretty much all year.
9
soggy
Posts
3511
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
UT US
8/28/2022 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 7:10pm
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
bama205
Posts
1404
Joined
10/7/2010
Location
Williamson County, TN US
8/28/2022 10:05pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2022 10:16pm
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
You just said a bike that hasn’t been updated since 2018

Then proceeded to say compete against bikes that get updated every 4 years.

2022-2018= 4 or 5 depending on how you count it

They aren’t THAT far behind.
They’ve done this before.

I just hope they make a comeback like they have done in the past.
4
1
mmcmx
Posts
2233
Joined
8/31/2008
Location
Perafita, Catalunya PE
8/29/2022 12:50am
Man I was hoping they would use some of the money they are not gonna spend in MotoGP and use it in MX. Not happening I guess.
wrc777
Posts
1310
Joined
5/21/2020
Location
Greenwood, IN US
8/29/2022 4:33am
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive Austrian bike.
3
soggy
Posts
3511
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
UT US
8/29/2022 5:42am
wrc777 wrote:
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive...
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive Austrian bike.
Tell that to the magpies guys that went back to last gen 250f motor.
2

Pit Row

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/29/2022 5:57am
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
soggy wrote:
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
1
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/29/2022 5:59am
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
bama205 wrote:
You just said a bike that hasn’t been updated since 2018 Then proceeded to say compete against bikes that get updated every 4 years. 2022-2018= 4...
You just said a bike that hasn’t been updated since 2018

Then proceeded to say compete against bikes that get updated every 4 years.

2022-2018= 4 or 5 depending on how you count it

They aren’t THAT far behind.
They’ve done this before.

I just hope they make a comeback like they have done in the past.
The 2023 is a 2018, no changes. Lots of other bikes getting revisions every year and major redesign within that time frame.
3
wrc777
Posts
1310
Joined
5/21/2020
Location
Greenwood, IN US
8/29/2022 6:05am
wrc777 wrote:
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive...
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive Austrian bike.
soggy wrote:
Tell that to the magpies guys that went back to last gen 250f motor.
Are any independent teams running the 22.5 bike yet in the US? Does the old engine in the new chassis allow them to change the anti-squat to be more like the old bike?

The dyno tests are clear, the new engine is significantly faster everywhere and has better throttle response based on the reviews. Vohland didn't seem to be getting out motored by Cooper when they showed the overhead shots on Saturday. The only 250s I see consistently getting out pulled are the Hondas. Suzukis are not usually running high enough to get TV coverage so hard to say on those but they seem to do decent on starts. It would be interesting if they had a top tier rider to see where the bike really stands.
1
soggy
Posts
3511
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
UT US
8/29/2022 6:06am
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
soggy wrote:
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
You are moving the goal posts.
1
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/29/2022 6:13am
soggy wrote:
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
soggy wrote:
You are moving the goal posts.
Nope, winning races and winning championships arent the same. I meant the former, sorry if that confused you.

It's a moot point though.
1
2
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/29/2022 6:13am
soggy wrote:
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
soggy wrote:
You are moving the goal posts.
What bike you ride Soggy?
2
soggy
Posts
3511
Joined
12/3/2018
Location
UT US
8/29/2022 6:47am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2022 6:50am
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
soggy wrote:
You are moving the goal posts.
Bruce372 wrote:
What bike you ride Soggy?
Not that it matters but ktm and Kawi. Never owned a Suzuki anything I just thinks it crazy to think that if a team like star was running Suzuki they wouldn’t be competitive.
4
Zycki11
Posts
4565
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Ankeny, IA US
8/29/2022 6:58am
wrc777 wrote:
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive...
The bikes seem to get starts. I suspect it takes a lot more money put into the engine to make a competitive RMZ than a competitive Austrian bike.
soggy wrote:
Tell that to the magpies guys that went back to last gen 250f motor.
wrc777 wrote:
Are any independent teams running the 22.5 bike yet in the US? Does the old engine in the new chassis allow them to change the anti-squat...
Are any independent teams running the 22.5 bike yet in the US? Does the old engine in the new chassis allow them to change the anti-squat to be more like the old bike?

The dyno tests are clear, the new engine is significantly faster everywhere and has better throttle response based on the reviews. Vohland didn't seem to be getting out motored by Cooper when they showed the overhead shots on Saturday. The only 250s I see consistently getting out pulled are the Hondas. Suzukis are not usually running high enough to get TV coverage so hard to say on those but they seem to do decent on starts. It would be interesting if they had a top tier rider to see where the bike really stands.
Apples and oranges. The new gen engines in ktm/husky aren’t producing the power the factory guys like. They gave all said it. Cost wise, it isn’t going to cost more for a Suzuki to be fast. All of those engines are completely redone, so they are spending I would assume a similar amount.

The Suzuki makes great midrange power and has decent roll on torque. Twisted development who does the engines says the Suzuki makes the most power at 8k rpm.
4
Bruce372
Posts
5474
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
US
8/29/2022 7:00am
soggy wrote:
You are moving the goal posts.
Bruce372 wrote:
What bike you ride Soggy?
soggy wrote:
Not that it matters but ktm and Kawi. Never owned a Suzuki anything I just thinks it crazy to think that if a team like star...
Not that it matters but ktm and Kawi. Never owned a Suzuki anything I just thinks it crazy to think that if a team like star was running Suzuki they wouldn’t be competitive.
Lol.
3
8/29/2022 7:00am
Bruce372 wrote:
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything...
The suzukis are good enough for the 99% of us, and the other 1% are at the sharpest end of the of professional racing where everything matters and the laws of physics don't care about subjectivity.

Does anyone really think in the top level of professional racing, a bike that hasn't been upgraded since 2018 and came with a warmed over 2008 engine can compete with every other manufacturer updating bikes yearly and making significant design changes every 3 to 4 years?

And no, I am not a hater, I've owned 5 suzukis and still kick myself for selling my last one.

And Tomac could win on a suzukis, but he wouldn't win on one because no top team would run that bike nor would it seem the manufacturer develop it more.

10 thumbs down by morning?
soggy wrote:
There not good enough to win on, but Tomac could win on one(assuming it’s with a top team)?

Confused by your statement.
Bruce372 wrote:
Do you think if Tomac was on a Suzuki this year he would have the red plate?
Not without electic start. But since him and Chase are consistently beating 3rd place by 30 seconds with starts outside the top 10. It's not out of the question....
3
bigsal
Posts
132
Joined
6/21/2017
Location
CO US
8/29/2022 7:07am
MXA just put their 2022 RMZ250 test bike into the show at Washougal with only a pipe and vortex box (like mine), they are still great bikes I love riding my Suzuki every time out .
9

Post a reply to: HEP Suzuki and Bar X Suzuki

The Latest

The Latest