HELP near Charlotte NEEDED

lumpy790
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2018 9:23am
HELP HELP HELP

LOCALS with extra dog crates!

With hurricane Florence changing course and headed straight for Charlotte we MUST help rescue dogs. AS people leave a LOT take to animals to the shelter or just leave them behind so the shelter NEEDS our foster help!

We are in the rescue mode and will foster every Dog in our house to save them that we can! We can save 15-20 dogs

BUT .... WE NEED TO BORROW CRATES. WITHOUT A CRATE WE CAN NOT RESCUE THEM!!!

LEND US YOUR CRATE and when we are done you can have it back. Will need dropped off in York SC.
|
Samuel
9/12/2018 10:23am
That's really sad that people just take their animals to the shelter. The dog would be the first thing on my mind to save besides my wife in an emergency. I no longer live in North Carolina, or I'd donate my crate. Good on you for doing this.
9/12/2018 10:47am
Samuel wrote:
That's really sad that people just take their animals to the shelter. The dog would be the first thing on my mind to save besides my...
That's really sad that people just take their animals to the shelter. The dog would be the first thing on my mind to save besides my wife in an emergency. I no longer live in North Carolina, or I'd donate my crate. Good on you for doing this.
This. Our pets depend on us for absolutely everything. We are their entire world. My cats would be my #1 priority outside of gf and myself. It is sad that some people don't feel likewise.

Thank you so much OP for helping these dogs out of a tough spot. Wish I could help - will pass the word around.
9/12/2018 10:57am
If I wasn’t in Vegas for a convention all week I’d bring some extra crates down to you; wish I was able to help... THANK YOU for helping our furry friends, Steve
lumpy790
9/12/2018 11:48am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2018 11:55am
Thank you guys. We are also looking for crates for cats too. Plastic or wire crates not the soft ones.

Animals get the last straw in disasters so we are working to save them.

My wife is the president of FIYCAS a 501c animal rescue group that has turned the York Count shelter into a no kill shelter. Sadly if they get to the maximum they have to make room somehow.

The Shop

JM485
9/12/2018 12:37pm
What kind of sick bastard just leaves their animals behind? I really wish there was some way I could help but I’m all the way in CA, would a cash donation anywhere help in any way at this point?. Nothing makes my blood boil like people who don’t care for their animals, fuck anyone who chooses to take possessions over a living, breathing animal and may horrible things happen to them. The world doesn’t need sickos like that around and I just can’t imagine being that big of an ass that they would value any possession over an animal that depends on them for care.
newmann
9/12/2018 9:34pm
JM485 wrote:
What kind of sick bastard just leaves their animals behind? I really wish there was some way I could help but I’m all the way in...
What kind of sick bastard just leaves their animals behind? I really wish there was some way I could help but I’m all the way in CA, would a cash donation anywhere help in any way at this point?. Nothing makes my blood boil like people who don’t care for their animals, fuck anyone who chooses to take possessions over a living, breathing animal and may horrible things happen to them. The world doesn’t need sickos like that around and I just can’t imagine being that big of an ass that they would value any possession over an animal that depends on them for care.
Don't rush to judgement. When elderly people are getting loaded up on a military helicopter and told they can bring one item...it sucks for those who have a bunch of pets. Shit happens and animals get misplaced and abandoned. It's not always a situation of people being assholes. Of course, there are plenty of assholes to go around, no shortage of those. Many many thanks to all the people who assisted in animal rescues here in Southeast Texas this time last year and now to Lumpy and the hundreds of others like him who will come to the aid of our furry little friends. And also those not so furry...

HuskyEd
9/12/2018 9:44pm
I wish I was near you Steve. Hang in there and stay safe and it’s an awesome thing you’re doing
jeffro503
9/12/2018 9:50pm
All I can say is " good on you Lumpy " for doing this. Wish I could help , but I don't have any crate's and am quite a way's , away from you.
9/13/2018 7:11am
lumpy790 wrote:
HELP HELP HELP LOCALS with extra dog crates! With hurricane Florence changing course and headed straight for Charlotte we MUST help rescue dogs. AS people leave...
HELP HELP HELP

LOCALS with extra dog crates!

With hurricane Florence changing course and headed straight for Charlotte we MUST help rescue dogs. AS people leave a LOT take to animals to the shelter or just leave them behind so the shelter NEEDS our foster help!

We are in the rescue mode and will foster every Dog in our house to save them that we can! We can save 15-20 dogs

BUT .... WE NEED TO BORROW CRATES. WITHOUT A CRATE WE CAN NOT RESCUE THEM!!!

LEND US YOUR CRATE and when we are done you can have it back. Will need dropped off in York SC.
Ive got 1.
Text me 757 281 8223
lumpy790
9/13/2018 8:57am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 8:58am
Pulled everything we had out of storage unit and people dropped off last night so Pilot & HRV are full and Dropping off what we have to the shelter and we have crates for 4 dogs. It is really good news that the county Shelter (1/4 mile from my house) will use as many crates as they can before find room for.

The hurricane changing direction has it headed right at Charlotte but it seems to be getting weaker cat 2 and spreading out. Hopefully it will break down more.

A couple years ago there was massive flooding down by Columbia SC and this may do it again. Shocked

Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
9/13/2018 9:05am
I think I have a crate I can send. Will look when I get home.
9/13/2018 9:12am Edited Date/Time 9/13/2018 9:13am
Hope you get them. You wouldnt get mine in time. Keep it up!

Animals are resilient ! The ones that have to be left behind will find their way home!!
9/13/2018 10:47am
Hey Lumpy looks like youve got all you need. Im still just up the road if you need anymore. I also have a transit van in case some animals need transport. Ive got plenty of time on my hands.
Truespode
9/13/2018 1:25pm
I live in Greer, SC... if you have someone who can stop by you can have my folding crate... I have a large cat carrier too.

Ivan Liechty 8SIXFOUR SIX8O NINE8THREE9
Camp332
9/14/2018 7:54am
How are you guys doing down there? Talked to my dad a few minutes ago in Pittsboro, NC and the storm isn't doing anything much by them yet. Hope all is well!
newmann
9/14/2018 8:06am
Hope you get them. You wouldnt get mine in time. Keep it up! Animals are resilient ! The ones that have to be left behind will...
Hope you get them. You wouldnt get mine in time. Keep it up!

Animals are resilient ! The ones that have to be left behind will find their way home!!
Yes they are. We had some of our long time strays (10 plus years) that went missing when it started going bad at our house. Got one out of a tree when we boated in, one from the top of my firewood pile and put them all upstairs in the workout room. After the flood waters went away and we got home cleaning up, two more ended up coming home. No idea where they were for 6 days.
lumpy790
9/14/2018 9:23am
Great news ..... The Red Cross is transporting animals to our shelter from the coast.

Wind is starting to gust some here but 8am tomorrow is when rain starts for 3 days.

Post a reply to: HELP near Charlotte NEEDED

The Latest