HELP!!! Bleed the air out of the forks lost bolt

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2017 1:29 PM

Guys i had a honda crf250r 2009 and everytime when i ride i loose the fork bolt to leave out the air.But recently i had drive it at night and i probably didnt tight the bolt more and it felt off i notice on bumps air coming out from the fork.I put it on stand and gona search for new bolt did i damage something in the forks i drove it very little time with no bolt and i only notice when i hit some bumps little air was popping out PLS TELL!!
P.S Sorry for my bad english i am from Bulgaria.Regards

|

8/1/2017 1:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2017 1:50 PM

No fluid came out? Have you ever had the oil changed in the forks?

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/



8/1/2017 1:54 PM

sgrimmxdad wrote:

No fluid came out? Have you ever had the oil changed in the forks?

nope no fluid only popping air

|

8/1/2017 2:12 PM

Sorry kid, your forks are thrashed now.

Muchas tias.

|

8/1/2017 2:13 PM

Photo

|

8/1/2017 2:15 PM

Photo

|

8/1/2017 2:20 PM

F.B wrote:

Sorry kid, your forks are thrashed now.

Muchas tias.

sad sad cmon i just drive it about a min or two to home and i didnt jump with it
|

8/1/2017 3:21 PM

Get the fork seals and oil changed, it's probably due. And get the push button air bleeders, then you won't keep losing your screws.

|

8/1/2017 3:24 PM

colintrax wrote:

Get the fork seals and oil changed, it's probably due. And get the push button air bleeders, then you won't keep losing your screws.

i order push button bleeders but i left it open for now on a stand is it a problem to stay open for 1 or 2 nights ?? or i have to search for something to close the gap untill i take the bleeders.

|

8/1/2017 3:30 PM

Maybe cover the fork with a rag to keep the dust out, but you should be fine. I agree with Colintrax that you should probably replace the seals and oil though.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/1/2017 3:40 PM

Falcon wrote:

Maybe cover the fork with a rag to keep the dust out, but you should be fine. I agree with Colintrax that you should probably replace the seals and oil though.

thx i look for it but there is no leak from nowhere neither from the seals.

|

8/1/2017 3:48 PM

theyre ruined forever now

|

8/1/2017 4:00 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

theyre ruined forever now

How sad I didn't feel nothing when I head home sad

|

8/1/2017 4:06 PM

Just picked up some push button bleeders after reading this. Super pumped.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

8/1/2017 4:41 PM

No issues those showas are cartridge forks and the important parts are self contained. Nothing happened at all. Just put in a new bleeder and ride. The push buttons are convenient but tend to get broken off. I use the scews for that reason.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/1/2017 4:48 PM

resetjet wrote:

No issues those showas are cartridge forks and the important parts are self contained. Nothing happened at all. Just put in a new bleeder and ride. The push buttons are convenient but tend to get broken off. I use the scews for that reason.

Thx allot I really got myself scared

|

8/1/2017 5:11 PM

I will confirm there should be no issues. I've ridden and entire day without one of those before.

It popped up in the air as i was bleeding my forks on a hot day and landed in the sand once. I couldn't find the fucker.

Nothing bad came of it except for loss of focus listening to the air going in an out in bumpy sections.

While waiting for a new one I found a bolt with the same thread, wrapped it with teflon tape and ran it for a week or two.

|

8/1/2017 5:31 PM

mtl wrote:

I will confirm there should be no issues. I've ridden and entire day without one of those before.

It popped up in the air as i was bleeding my forks on a hot day and landed in the sand once. I couldn't find the fucker.

Nothing bad came of it except for loss of focus listening to the air going in an out in bumpy sections.

While waiting for a new one I found a bolt with the same thread, wrapped it with teflon tape and ran it for a week or two.

Thanks I can sleep now

|

8/2/2017 9:38 AM

rongi#401 wrote:

theyre ruined forever now

Hellvegen wrote:

How sad I didn't feel nothing when I head home sad

i am joking, they are fine, i have lost the screw in mine and oil squirted everywhere, they are fine

|

8/2/2017 1:54 PM

rongi#401 wrote:

theyre ruined forever now

Hellvegen wrote:

How sad I didn't feel nothing when I head home sad

rongi#401 wrote:

i am joking, they are fine, i have lost the screw in mine and oil squirted everywhere, they are fine

thx man smile

|

8/2/2017 2:14 PM

Just curious, which part of Bulgaria are you from?

|

8/2/2017 3:39 PM

I'd say the engines done too :/

|

8/3/2017 3:13 AM

Get your fluid changed too!

|

2020 YZ450F
2018 KTM 450SXF FE
2016 YZ250F 2008 CRF450R
2015 YZ250F 2008 CRF250R
2001 CR250R
2010 YZ250 2012 CRF150R
2009 YZ125 2010 KX109.5
SSR Motorsports Dealer
TAGMX Suspension & Graphics! www.tagmxsuspension.com https://www.liquidskinzdesign.com/



8/3/2017 3:22 AM

F.B wrote:

Just curious, which part of Bulgaria are you from?

From the northeast part of the country,in city called Popovo

|

8/3/2017 1:13 PM

Found new bolts they pass good,drive it couple of hours no probs.Cheers

|