HELMETS... HELMETS... HELMETS... Pro, replica and painted ones

Related:
Create New Tag

11/4/2016 7:18 AM

Yes, As some of my vital buddies know, I have an addiction to them. Pro helmets, rider replica helmets, custom painted helmets... Pretty much all helmets lol! And so do a few of my vital buddies on the site. They've been asking me to post some pics of them so here's some of my better ones.

RC #1 1999 national bell moto 7
Photo
Photo

Jeff Matiasevich #20 1990 bell moto 5
Photo
Photo

John Dowd #35 1991 Shoei vx-3Photo
The actual helmet he won his 1st national
Photo

Dowd's #14 factory Yamaha 1995 arai Mx
Photo
Featured in japan "cool dirt" mag 1995Photo

Dowd's #24 1999 MxDN ARAI VX helmets
Photo

David Vuillemin #12 shark helmet from southwick national 2007
Photo
Photo

Ray Sommo #46 Arai Mx proPhoto
Cool early Troy lee painted helmet Photo

RJ bell moto 4 replica Photo

RJ bell moto 5 replica Photo

Jeff Matiasevich shoei vfx replica
Photo

Jeff Emig shoei vfx replica
Photo

Jeff Stanton arai Mx pro replicas
Photo
Photo

The coolest ever helmets! JT racing ALS 1 and ALS 2 helmets!
Photo
Photo
Photo

Here's a cool bell moto 7 painted by Troy lee designs
Photo

And an arai Mx pro painted by Gerard designs like a guy cooper style helmet
Photo

And just a couple cool old school helmets from back in the day.
Sweet bell moto 5 like I used to have
Photo
Photo

Always loved arais, they were so cool!
Photo

And the bell mag 4 was a classic too
Photo

Well, that's just some of them. And there will be more added for sure.

|

11/4/2016 8:41 AM

Any McGrath replicas ?! I raced Bmx in this moto 6 Photo
wish bell would release a moto 9 in the same color way. Very sick lids man!!!

|

11/4/2016 9:07 AM

My favorite helmet of all time. Probably quite a few guys in my age group that loved it too:

Photo

|

11/4/2016 9:51 AM

I can't find a pic, but I always liked Pastrana's Shoei from 1999 or 2000. The one with the swirl design.

|

11/4/2016 9:52 AM

Wow!!

|

11/4/2016 10:01 AM

hvaughn88 wrote:

My favorite helmet of all time. Probably quite a few guys in my age group that loved it too:

Photo

|

11/4/2016 10:36 AM

I would do unspeakable things for the RJ helmets and the Emig helmet. Those are my two favorite riders.

|

11/4/2016 10:51 AM

I always thought Pastrana had awesome helmets back in the day

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

11/4/2016 11:27 AM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Photo

Yes sir!!

|

11/4/2016 11:39 AM

I've been snagging up the various models Arai made with detachable chins. I always thought these were so cool. I use these working at the GNCC events because an open face helmet is a lot more comfortable when you're working in the woods and mostly just riding a utility quad. Been able to get some pretty cool ones and always looking for more. My eventual goal is to make it to 13 so I could wear a different one each GNCC event!

This is the one that started this weird obsession. Got this old MX Pro on eBay for a pretty good deal when I started wearing out a couple of the other open face helmets I got when I first started working the GNCCs back in 2010.
Photo

The next one I got was this MXC Pro that my buddy Tom from FAHQ Racing hooked me up with...
Photo

I then ended up snagging this sweet Scott Summers replica MXC Pro...
Photo

And next came my personal favorite paint job of the collection. In Japan and Europe they called it the MX III and this one came all the way from Japan. To my knowledge, this paint job was only ever available in Japan but I could be wrong.
Photo

This Shayne King replica MX III came from Spain...
Photo

The latest one I've came into was one of the later MXC Pro models from the early 2000s. Still in great shape!
Photo

And last but certainly not least, this is my pride and joy of the whole collection. This is an actual US ISDE Team helmet from the early 1990s. I actually found it on eBay and whoever sold it must not have known what it was. I have no clue who's wore it or what year due to the date on the chin strap being un-readable. However, I've always been a big follower of the ISDE and absolutely had to have it. I got in a little bidding war at the end but still snagged it for a great price. A week after winning the eBay auction I found out that I was in the bidding war against my own girlfriend who was trying to get it for me as a gift. DOH!!
Photo

|

Jared Bolton
gnccracing.com

11/4/2016 12:03 PM

Bolt-On wrote:

I've been snagging up the various models Arai made with detachable chins. I always thought these were so cool. I use these ...more

Those are awesome arais bolt-on! I love those 2 piece Mx pro helmets. Always wanted those as a kid. I love your japan Mx pro III. But the ISDE one is sick!

|

11/4/2016 12:05 PM

mirramaxx wrote:

Any McGrath replicas ?! I raced Bmx in this moto 6 Photo
wish bell would release a moto 9 in the same color way. Very sick lids ...more

I've had several MC moto 7's and moto 6's in the past but I sold them all. All I have now is this bell moto 6 custom painted one done up in an MC style. MC's helmets were the coolest in the mid 90's by far Photo

|

11/4/2016 12:08 PM

Bolt-On wrote:

I've been snagging up the various models Arai made with detachable chins. I always thought these were so cool. I use these ...more

starchild wrote:

Those are awesome arais bolt-on! I love those 2 piece Mx pro helmets. Always wanted those as a kid. I love your japan Mx pro ...more

I agree. The graphic on the Japanese model appears to be ahead of its time. Love the Scott Summers helmet also!

|

11/4/2016 12:09 PM

Killer friggin thread!

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

11/4/2016 12:26 PM

Photo

My old mc.

Photo

My new mc
|

11/4/2016 12:36 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Photo

This one was my favorite. My parents got me a replica for Christmas in 2000 I believe. Still have it in the garage.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/4/2016 12:38 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Photo

mattyhamz2 wrote:

This one was my favorite. My parents got me a replica for Christmas in 2000 I believe. Still have it in the garage.

I still have mine too. I was on 60's when that helmet came out and I remember being really bummed when I finally outgrew it.

|

11/4/2016 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2016 1:06 PM

Thanks guys! The Japanese one is pretty awesome. I haven't pinpointed an exact year on it as it also is worn off the chin. Probably the reason why Arai started printing dates on the metal instead of the strap itself.. BUT, best I can tell it's somewhere around 2000. The graphic is integrated into the visor modern style instead of the old school style that was basically like it was "painted" on top of the visor and chipped pretty easily. And of course, I HAD to have the Scott Summers one. Still looking for the red/white/blue version of that helmet and the barbed wire MXC Pro, which was one of the last 2-piece helmets they made.

I remember my dad's MX Pro when I was a kid, so I always wanted one growing up but always settled for something slightly cheaper. It's pretty funny how many people still want these but it makes sense because they really are a great off-road helmet. Being able to adjust the chin to your own liking is pretty awesome and the airflow into these are second to none.

|

Jared Bolton
gnccracing.com

11/4/2016 1:39 PM

Awesome collection. Really cool. I still have my blue bad bones JT als-2 lechien replica.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

11/4/2016 1:58 PM

Awesome collections to the both of you! I love painted helmets and wish we would go back to them.

|

11/4/2016 2:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2016 2:50 PM

Photo
My 1989 Damon Bradshaw inspired Troy Lee, Designs helmet. Waited 2 months for it to come in from Troy Lee custom painted and got my head ran over in the first turn of the the first moto I ever wore it in.... lol...

|

11/4/2016 2:56 PM

Those Fro Shoei VFX helmets were badass... Fro always had the cool gear too.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/4/2016 3:01 PM

moore433 wrote: Photo
My 1989 Damon Bradshaw inspired Troy Lee, Designs helmet. Waited 2 months for it to come in from Troy Lee custom painted and ...more

That Shoei is awsome! Bradshaw had the sickest helmets in the early 90's! Even cooler it was painted by Troy lee!

|

11/4/2016 3:03 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Awesome collection. Really cool. I still have my blue bad bones JT als-2 lechien replica.

Post a pic of your lechien ALS 2 helmet. Would love to see it! Those are awesome and rare.

|

11/4/2016 3:23 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Photo

mattyhamz2 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:

I still have mine too. I was on 60's when that helmet came out and I remember being really bummed when I finally outgrew it.

Same here. You must be around 25-29? am I right?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/4/2016 3:47 PM

That's how I remember ricky, Pro Circuit, Hauling the mail like it's no ones business! So cool, what a collection, I'm sure you have a ton of other gnarly collectables as well?

|

11/4/2016 4:56 PM

I saw this bad boy on clearance and couldnt pass it up...

Photo

|

11/4/2016 5:34 PM

Nice collection!
I've always loved that Emig lid, and those Bell Moto 5's are so clean.

|

Mike

11/4/2016 8:37 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

hvaughn88 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Same here. You must be around 25-29? am I right?

Yessir, 28

|

11/4/2016 8:41 PM

Some rad stuff in this thread I've never seen before! Super cool, thanks for sharing cool

|

http://www.taggerdesigns.net/shop/

Instagram / Snapchat @taggerdesigns