HATS OFF TO ML512

Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
11/8/2017 6:18pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
:laugh: :laugh: I've got a buddy that works for them and dirt bike mag, and he tells me how much he cant stand going to Glen...
LaughingLaughing I've got a buddy that works for them and dirt bike mag, and he tells me how much he cant stand going to Glen Helen anymore. Some of the stuff from them isn't bad, but its like they don't ride anywhere other than Glen Helen! I want a review from guys that ride every track around So Cal.
ML512 wrote:
Me and said "friend" talk about that regularly. He's there so much it's insane... Laughing
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I figured you knew who said friend was. lol. It's funny to hear about though
Okay I am going to add this.

I was at Sunrise (racetown 395) two weeks ago on Saturday and we parked next to Daryl Eckland and two other test riders from MXA. They had the 18 honda 250, KTM and Husky. They rode the bikes from open till close. (Eckland is very fast! as were the other guys with him). They were definitely talking about the bikes and trying different settings. I was pretty stoked at the great lines they cut into the main track.

They were all super friendly and I spent a bit of time talking to Daryl who was very informative.

I wish MXA would come out with their shoot outs earlier, but we do spend a lot of time bashing them that may not be fully deserved. I think they are trying to do the best job they can but it may just be different than other outlets.
Camp332
11/8/2017 6:26pm
crc245 wrote:
So. Many. Copy. Editing. Mistakes :( I wonder if the green envy makes them blind, if there aren't any copy-editors, or if no one at MXA...
So. Many. Copy. Editing. Mistakes Sad

I wonder if the green envy makes them blind, if there aren't any copy-editors, or if no one at MXA enjoys The Oatmeal...http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Another good report ML512! Only hope that more analytics can be utilized in the future; LitPro data, clicker setting specifications per rider, onboard footage, etcetera.
Pretty cool that you spelled out "etcetera"

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/8/2017 6:44pm
ML512 wrote:
Me and said "friend" talk about that regularly. He's there so much it's insane... Laughing
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I figured you knew who said friend was. lol. It's funny to hear about though
Myke wrote:
Okay I am going to add this. I was at Sunrise (racetown 395) two weeks ago on Saturday and we parked next to Daryl Eckland and...
Okay I am going to add this.

I was at Sunrise (racetown 395) two weeks ago on Saturday and we parked next to Daryl Eckland and two other test riders from MXA. They had the 18 honda 250, KTM and Husky. They rode the bikes from open till close. (Eckland is very fast! as were the other guys with him). They were definitely talking about the bikes and trying different settings. I was pretty stoked at the great lines they cut into the main track.

They were all super friendly and I spent a bit of time talking to Daryl who was very informative.

I wish MXA would come out with their shoot outs earlier, but we do spend a lot of time bashing them that may not be fully deserved. I think they are trying to do the best job they can but it may just be different than other outlets.
I totally agree with you that they get bashed more than they deserve. I also wish their shootouts would come out sooner because by the time they are out, the guys paying attention to them have already bought new bikes.
peelout
11/9/2017 8:14am
crc245 wrote:
So. Many. Copy. Editing. Mistakes :( I wonder if the green envy makes them blind, if there aren't any copy-editors, or if no one at MXA...
So. Many. Copy. Editing. Mistakes Sad

I wonder if the green envy makes them blind, if there aren't any copy-editors, or if no one at MXA enjoys The Oatmeal...http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Another good report ML512! Only hope that more analytics can be utilized in the future; LitPro data, clicker setting specifications per rider, onboard footage, etcetera.
Camp332 wrote:
Pretty cool that you spelled out "etcetera"

wot m8?

The Shop

MikeID
11/9/2017 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 4:54pm
Great job on the shootout. I really like the effort your team puts in to make it a complete package. Really worth reading. Thank you for doing them.
Indy mxer
11/9/2017 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/9/2017 6:11pm
I enjoy all the shootouts, including Vital. Although I don't like Jody's bs, I do like the MXA bike tests. They do thoroughly test them and give out a lot of good info. But I do agree they seem to always ride the same track.

That said, I really enjoy the inside info ML512 posts on here. Nice to have someone like him that really knows what he's talking about.

Keep up the good work ML!
flatout111
11/10/2017 1:48am
Michael is the man. I'm telling you, this dude needs his own podcast. Vital MX Podcast w/Michael Lindsey. Smile
Camp332
11/10/2017 2:38am
peelout wrote:
wot m8?
Just trying to bring attention to a guy, that instead of writing "etc..." He went all in with "etcetera"

Otherwise this thread is a total ball bag suckling contest bro.
11/10/2017 6:24am
I'm always impressed by how thorough is Michael's work, wether it's bike tests, new products, and maybe above all factory bikes tech stuff. Great job.

Post a reply to: HATS OFF TO ML512

The Latest